Death, Doom, and Distraction

All things outside of Thar Shaddin.
Kyon
Outsider
Name: Mikhail Haugen
Race: Shape-shifter

Re: Death, Doom, and Distraction

Post by Kyon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:44 am

Mikhail opened his eyes slowly. After a night of drinking his senses were less in his control than normal. The light burned through his pupils and into his brain. And he smelled everything. His head pounded against his skull as he struggled to figure out what was going on around him. Still with his vision blurry he stood using the wall for assistance. Need to find my cotton balls, he thought. He patted down his pockets, revealing that they were empty. He staggered over to the bar. The wench was still passed out on the bar. Being as wary as he could he searched around her for his plugs. He found one. It was in the innkeeper’s hair. He picked it out quickly and shoved it in his nostril. With half the battle won he filtered out a familiar smell. Anarawad was approaching. Oh, this will be embarrassing. He staggered behind the bar to find his other cotton ball in a puddle of beer. He cursed himself and picked up the damp piece. He walked over to the sink and started washing it off when he heard Christof walk back down the stairs looking as if he was dealing with his hangover much more easily. After washing off his cotton ball he shoved it back into his nose. As shrunk as it was by the water it was pretty useless, but it was better than nothing. He would have to pick up some more cotton balls when he had the chance. Then a single thought crossed his mind. food. He stumbled into the bars back room and grabbed the first thing he got his hand on and shoved it into his mouth. He didn’t know what it was, other than a meat of some sort. As he scrounged for more he heard Anarawad come in. He grabbed an armful of food and headed back out as the boy and Christof were exchanging words.

Anarawad
Outsider
Name: Anarawad Gaelish
Race: Human

Post by Anarawad » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:10 am

Anarawad had never drank before. His father despised it, but he'd always want to try it. He held up the glass in return of Christof's gesture, held his breath, and launched the liquid to the back of his throat. The burn made him want to cough his lungs out, but he held it back to some minor curdles.

"I have bad news and good news." he spoke up, assuming that the shifter had good enough hearing, "I got us a meeting with the rebellion. I can lead you to where it'll be at midday today. Problem is, it was too easy. I was followed by a very light haired man who just came up and told me about it. What I think is that its a trap for Mikhail. His name is the only one the wanted posters display, so his old friends probably saw it."

He sighed heavily, and slid the shot glass forward waiting for another. It was time to relax a bit. If he drank only a little now, he could sober up by the time midday hit.

This is going to be interesting.

Christof
Outsider
Name: Christof Von Haustanzer

Post by Christof » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Chirstof watched as Anarawad choked down the shot of whiskey he had handed him with some amusement, first time drinking I suppose he thought to himself. As Anarawad told Christof and Mikhail what he had found, Christof listened carefully to the details to see if he could decipher any sign of his friend. Alas nothing could be taken, but Christof did have a plan in mind,

”These Liberatus chaps are either geniuses or fools setting such an obvious trap,” Christof said pouring another round for Anarawad and himself, ” If, and I do mean if, their smart then they will know we know it’s a trap, so this trap is just a ruse for a larger more complex trap so we need to set a trap for a trap essentially, that is if their smart.”

Christof drowned his drink and continued ”Though if we know about their trap within a trap and about us setting a trap for their trap, they would probably plan accordingly and set a trap for our trap for their trap, most peculiar”. Christof was about to continue with his theory on out trapping the trappers, but he decided against it when he noticed the other two staring at him with a quizzical look, ”then again I’m most likely overthinking this” he finished and sat down at a conveniently located chair and took a swig from the bottle in his hand.

The three decided to wait in the inn until they had to leave for the meeting, seeing as they could not readily hide out side with the roaming guards. Fortunately for them a storm had started about an hour before they had to leave, sending guards and people alike running for cover making it easier for them to move about without being seen, as the rain obscured there outlines and also the guards did not want to leave the dryness of their post.

Christof followed the other two down an alleyway toward the predetermined meeting spot, keeping an eye out behind them for any signs of being followed. why couldn’t we meet in a building with a fire? He thought as he tightened his coat around him to try and keep the rain from soaking him even further. As they continued down the alleyway a gutter above Christof broke sending a torrent of water down upon him, soaking him from head to toe. The sudden noise caused the other two to turn around just in time to see him get drenched causing them to have a little laugh at Christof’s expense. Christof waved the two of them off and they continued on their way.

After an hours travel through the back alleys of Marn the trio finally arrived at the grassy opening, to which no one could be seen aside from them. After a few moments a voice could be heard from across the field saying,

” Welcome my friends, we’ve been expecting you, I am Arilus of the Underground” the man said stepping out from a nearby ruined building arms spread in welcome ”I know of you there in front but who are your friends, please introduce yourselfs”

Kyon
Outsider

Post by Kyon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Upon seeing Arilus Mikhail stepped forward and pulled off the hood of the cloak he had liberated from the inn. “Long time, Arilius. Nice place to set up shop. Probably didn't think I would come through this forsaken city just to hunt you down. I'm proud of you, having the courage to show up here knowing I was with this young man. ” Mikhail took the cotton balls out of his nose and pointed it upwards. It was much easier to make out certain scents in the rain. The precipitation caused all of the pollution to fall to the ground, making everything more localized. “The rest of you can come out. I'd like to see you one last time before you die.”

As their opponents started revealing themselves, Mikhail noticed a lack of the other two Liberatus members. Why aren't they here? He then noticed three of the five that had just revealed themselves were women. A clever trap made especially for Mikhail. It was almost an honor.

“Where are the others, Arilius?” Mikhail growled, annoyed at their absence.

“They're not here. And you will never find them. Once I finish you off, we will renew Liberatus and we will rival even the Tarsis and Bendulli!” Aralius boasted.

“Even with Nikias you couldn't get to those heights. Without him you have little hope of rivaling common thugs,” Mikhail taunted.

Arilius snarled in anger, then smiled. “We've expected you, Mikhail. We know all of your weaknesses, and have strategized accordingly.” Mikhail caught the glint of Arilius' silver sword as he unsheathed it.

“Aye, you've put up a good defense against myself, but what of my companions? The little one here is especially blood thirsty. I doubt there is much you can do to stop him or my inquisitor friend, but I'll give you your shot at killing me. Care to have a go?” Mikhail opened his arms inviting an attack. He turned his head to the two behind him, “Take care of the women behind us, please.”

Anarawad
Outsider

Post by Anarawad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:29 am

"Right." Anarawad said, pulling the cord to loose his rifle.

They were closing in slowly, leary of the trio. The small man squared off with the approaching woman on his side. She had a small dagger raised and ready, but she was much too far away to use it yet. He dropped to his knee quickly, flipping up the metal plate. The woman stared, horrified with the revealing of the powerful weapon.

With that look through the foggy heavy rain, she reminded him of someone. Aileen popped into his head momentarily, making him hesitate. She sprung forward, snapping him from the painful memory.

He put her head in his sights, cocked, letting the cloth fall from the weapon, and pulled the trigger.

Click.

"Oh no." he muttered as he looked down at the unfired long gun.

She leapt at him, so he went with his instinct. Rolling out of the way, she landed a deep slice into his leg. He dropped the gun mid roll and drew the short sword in a slash. It plunged into the female body just above her hip which made her let out a blood-curdling scream. She fell to the puddle covered ground moaning.

He picked up the gun and hurried through the hole made by the absence of the downed woman. He ducked around a corner, checking his gun. Luckily, the downpour covered his retreat and no water had gotten into the chamber. The powder probably still wasn't wet.

He peaked around the corner, watching the scene in the shadows unfold. A motion caught his eye, and he looked straight across to the next building. He couldn't figure out what caught his attention at first, but then he realized the ground was raising. From underneath, a head was peeking out tentatively. The person could see the skirmish directly ahead of them, but Anarawad hadn't garnered any attention yet.

He cocked the gun again, and took aim. He felt a lot better about this, never had he imagined he'd have to harm a woman. But, the man coming out of the ground looked like fair enough game. He breathed steadily, keeping the bead on the thug, and squeezed the trigger.

The man dropped below the surface of the ground after an amazing flash and bang. Anarawad smiled, making sure to load another round before he ventured out. The battle seemed as though it was dying down, but he kept the gun pointed in that direction in case someone came from the fog.

He got to the spot the man had been, spotting the blood, but didn't understand where he had went. Then, as he crouched, he could hear footsteps hitting stone. At first, his heart skipped, but then he realized they were getting farther away. After a quick investigation, he grabbed a tuft of grass and pulled back a hatch. Lying on a floor of stone, a wide-eyed man was dead. His neck was still gushing blood.

A dwarven tunnel. he thought, I see, this is how they move people in and out of the city.

The only thing the young human could hear in the direction of the battle was voices, now. He didn't have a doubt that his comrades had prevailed, his faith in them was beginning to grow.

"Hey!" Anarawad yelled, "Christof! Mikhail! When you're done over there, I think you might want to see this!"

Suddenly, the adrenaline wore off, and the wound in his leg shot with pain. He knelt and held the bleeding wound. It was a good thing he knew a little of first aid. It was deep, but it wouldn't be more than an interesting scar.

Christof
Outsider

Post by Christof » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 am

Christof looked at Mikhail and with a raised eyebrow and said
”What you can’t fight a few girls? No matter, more practice for me I guess.”

Christof turned around drawing his rapier and pistol, and faced down the two other women who were assailing the trio, they were both young looking and were clad in simple street clothes. Christof lined his pistol up on the closer of the two and squeezed the trigger, a sharp bark came from his and the woman dropped to her knees with as the bullet entered her right eye and blew out the back of her skull. As she fell over into the mud with a splash, blood, water and brain matter mixing around her, her companion charged at Christof with a blood thirsty scream. Christof quickly pulled back the hammer on his pistol cycling another round into the chamber, This is too easy he thought as he squeezed the trigger.

click

Blast! he thought, out of all the times to jam why now?. The woman was almost upon him, she lofted, what appeared to be a forester’s axe, over her head ready to cut Christof in twain. Thinking quickly Christof threw his pistol at the woman hitting her in the forehead stunning and causing her charge to falter. That split second was all he needed, Christof slashed at the woman with his rapier, cutting her arm and ripping a hole across her belly. Though she was wounded she fought on grasping the axe with both hands she swung at Christof, who narrowly missed her attack. She then brought the axe back down attempting to take off his arm, Christof parried the blow with his sword.
”For a woman you’re a pretty confident fighter” he said holding the axe at bay with two hands on his rapier.

The woman glared at him, her eyes literally glowing ”I know your kind Inquisitor, one of your friends killed my mother, and you just killed my sister, I will enjoy killing you inquisitor for all your kind have done is cause me pain”. Her eyes flared with a magical energy and her strength seemed to increase and Christof struggled to hold the axe back.

”I would say sorry for your loss witch, but you’re about to join them” Christof said dropping one of his hands holding up his rapier, causing the woman to fall forward after being thrown off balance. As she rolled over Christof put his boot on her chest, knocking the air out of her lungs. As she gasped for air Christof plunged his rapier through her chest pinning her to the ground. The woman then tried to pull the sword out of her chest as Christof picked up the axe that she had wielded only seconds before,

”Before I kill you, answer me this witch” Christof said hefting the axe ” my friend you spoke of earlier, do you recall his name?”

The woman glared at him with teeth clenched in pain,”I’d rather die than tell you anything puradne trash” she said as she struggled to remove his rapier from her chest.

”So be it” He said rather calmly as he swung the axe down and severed the woman’s head from her shoulders. Christof dropped the axe and pulled his sword free and wiped the blood off on the corpse. As Christof went to retrieve his pistol, he noticed the sounds of battle had diminished and only the sound of the rain pelting off his hat was to be heard. Suddenly Anarawad called from across the field

"Christof! Mikhail! When you're done over there, I think you might want to see this!"

Christof picked up his pistol and made his way across the field towards Anarawad and Mikhail, making small quick fixes to his pistol as he moved.

”What did you find lad?” He said reloading his pistol and snapping the revolver back into place and holstering his pistol.

Kyon
Outsider

Post by Kyon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 am

One of the men that Mikhail faced had been foolish enough to take his invitation. As the man flung himself toward Mikhail, he shifted into full bear form, still standing with his arms outstretched. He swayed to one side to dodge the sword that was being thrust toward him. As the man faltered Mikhail grabbed him in a bear hug applying all the pressure he could, inevitably snapping the man's spine. He threw the limp corpse aside and got down on his forelegs.

“Is this the best fight you can give me, Arilius? I was hoping for another scar to show off,” Mikhail spat. He grinned and pointed a scarred cheek at his foe. Arilius merely frowned and nodded his other minion toward Mikhail. Mikhail sighed, “You really are an idiot”.

The next man shot off a ball of flame from his hand. Mikhail lunged out of the way but was scorched in the right leg before he could clear it. He backed up and waited for the mage to take a couple of steps forward. Instead his enemy shot yet another fire attack, this time sweeping a larger area. With nowhere to go Mikhail lowered his head and shot forward. A horrific pain shot across his head as he lunged through the wall of flame, but he wasn't down yet. The mage's eyes widened as he saw Mikhail bounding toward him. He tried to draw his silver dagger but before he could Mikhail knocked it out of his hand and knocked him to the side. Confident, Mikhail immediately changed his focus to Arilius, who had already drawn his blade. The two ran toward each other. Mikhail swiped at Arilius' blade as he tried to bring it down. On contact Mikhail's hand began to burn, but he'd successfully dodged the attack and knocked Arilius off balance. Mikhail drew for a crushing blow, then a sharp pain flared in his back. The mage had dug his dagger into Mikhail. Mikhail stood up and roared loudly before turning on the mage who was ready with another fire attack. Mikhail caught the ball in his palm as it came down on the mage. His paw exploded onto the mage's head and the mage crumpled to the ground. Mikhail turned just in time to see Arilius' sword upon him. Mikhail dropped to the ground before the horizontal swing could take him. He stood again and slammed his paw into Arilius' chest, then pinned him to the ground. Shifting his left arm into it's human form he jerked the sword from Arilius' hand and shoved it through the man's shoulder and into the dirt. Arilius screamed as muscles and tendons were sliced. Blood started seeping from the wound. Satisfied that his foe wasn't going anywhere, Mikhail shifted and pulled the still burning dagger from his back.

“The inquisitor and I have a few questions for you, Arilius,” Mikhail smirked. Then he heard Anarawad. “Sit tight, buddy.” He kicked Arilius hard in the ribs then strolled over to see what Anarawad had dug up. He looked down into the hole. Absentmindedly and without moving Mikhail addressed Christof, “Ask whatever questions you must, Inquisitor, before our friend bleeds out” . Then he turned to Anarawad and smiled, “Nice find, lad. This will make it much easier for us to escape.”

Anarawad
Outsider

Post by Anarawad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:28 pm

"I do what I can." Anarawad shrugged, "I think they had more down there, probably the larger trap that Christof was talking about. When I shot this one, the others must have figured that we had the hole covered and ran off. I wouldn't walk into a choke point, either."

Anarawad watched the inquisitor step away to ask questions to some unseen wounded foe. Mikhail had been hurt, probably a silver weapon to the back. He looked at the wound curiously, then pressed his hand over it. He could see it in his mind: sinewy muscles growing back together, blood vessels reconnecting, tissue pulling together, skin regrowing. He removed his hand and examined the dark spot.

"I can't fix the reaction, but all of the tissue in that wound is now healed." Anarawad patted Mikhail on the shoulder, "It's about time to use your sense of smell, my friend. If there are alternate tunnels, we will have to follow the ways that our attackers went. And shifter, don't tell the magic-hating scary guy that I did this for you, right?"

Anarawad chuckled a little before removing his pack to dig out some herbs to apply to his own injury. He wrapped it tight, frowning at the rather expensive clothes that had been ruined. He noticed Mikhail curiously watching him.

"I can't heal myself, only others. I can't fix illnesses, allergies, infections, what have you. Just punctures, lacerations, bruises, things like that. A useless talent, really. I'm not the greatest in battle, and I can't even take much care of myself afterward."

Anarawad laughed loudly, trying to cover his own shame. He shook his head and decided to see what questions Christof was asking. Curiosity kills the cat, but so far, it hadn't harmed the Anarawad.

Christof
Outsider

Post by Christof » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:06 am

Christof walked over to the one called Arilus, Almost forgot why I joined with this bunch he thought taking off his gloves. Christof looked at the man writhing before him; it reminded him of a worm that was forced out of the ground,

”Well well, what do we have here” He said grabbing Arilus by the leg and dragging him back so he could get a hand around his throat. ”I have a few questions for you Arilus, a friend of mine was here and I believe he may have had some contact with you and your little gang, so if you know what’s good for you, you’ll tell me where he is.” He growled at the man who was inches away from his face.

Arilus choked out a laugh, as Christof tightened his grip around the man’s neck, ”You think I’m going to tell you anything old man? I’m a dead man either way, if you want to find your friend you’d have to travel halfway across the world to find him.”

Christof released his grip on Arilus and threw him to the ground, taking out his rapier he jabbed it into the man’s spine leaving him paralyzed.

”I would kill you Arilus” He said as he walked towards the others, ”but you’re not worth it”

Christof finished his walk to the others who were gathered around what appeared to be a hole in the ground, Anarawad was busy bandaging himself and Mikhail was studying the hole.
”Well this is either a blessing or a curse” He began staring down the hole ” This is either an escape route or a death trap, well there’s only one way to find out I guess.”

Christof opened the cover and jumped down into the dimly lit area below.

Kyon
Outsider

Post by Kyon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:01 am

Mikhail was not satisfied with the information he heard Arilius give Christof. Hoping that he could still reason with Arilius he ran to him saying to the others “Give me a moment”.

Arilius was lying on the ground in a bloody mess. Christof's blow might have cost Mikhail the information they needed, but there was still a chance that Arilius could talk. As he approached he saw pain and fear screaming in the man's eyes. He still had a chance.

“Please, old friend, tell me where Gnaeus and Publius are.” He bent down and laid a soft hand on Arilius' shoulder. “I can end it quick.”

Arilius drew a shallow breath and coughed weakly. “Ayana... with the Inquisitor.”

Mikhail looked at the man with a confused look. “Why, where in Ayana?”

“In... the tunnels.... A map... a note.”

Mikhail nodded. He picked a silver dagger out of the holster on Arilius' hip. “Sleep tight, mate.” He slit the man's throat. Arilius' eyes went wide then froze. Mikhail set the dagger on Arilius' chest and headed back toward the tunnel.

“Well, no need to be wasting time,” he said cheerfully as he hopped down into the tunnel.

Anarawad
Outsider

Post by Anarawad » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:07 am

Anarawad followed the two, keeping his gun drawn and ready. The tunnel was immaculate to say the least. Dwarven symbols were intricately carved in the walls and all was garnished with stone. The rebellion members that had run must have lit the tunnel on the way in, torches were burning all the way throughout it. The dust smell was drenched with the scent of burning oil.

They walked for quite a way, traversing what seemed like an endless repeating tunnel. Then, there were stairs leading down. More tunnel and stairs leading down repeated over and over again. It was beginning to get hot.

Then, a cavern appeared before them which was completely out of place in the Dwarven aesthetic. Looking around, Anarawad noticed several bed rolls and crates. This was the hide out, where the opposers of the government laid their heads. The three silently split up, looking about the empty cavern. Scraps of clothing were strewn about and nic-nacs adorned the floor.

Anarawad opened a desk, finding a single scrap of paper.

Arilius,

Conclude recruitment in Marn and proceed to new headquarters. Our operation will be launched from sympathetic homes here in Ayana. Control of government is almost complete, and we will need every available hand in our membership in order to commence.

The inquisitor has not been as helpful as first thought, but he talks of another that will surely be drawn here. If he appears in Marn, capture him before your departure and bring him for questioning. Information on the Puradynes is crucial to our plans.

I have drawn a map for you to find the new Order within Ayana.

We shall see you soon.

Publius

"Hey Mikhail, I think I found your friends. They have your friend, Christof. I don't see a map around here, the others probably took it, but we know where to start." Anarawad called back as he held up the letter, "This is going to be a long journey."

Christof
Outsider

Post by Christof » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:51 am

The tunnel was dark and dimly lit the only light coming from oil burning torches lining the wall; Christof led the trio keeping his hand on the wall to help guide him through the gloom. I’ll be fine as long as we don’t run into a blasted ambush, can hardly see a thing down here, curse this eye he thought as he continued down the tunnel. What Christof didn’t realize, partially to the fact that he had limited night vision, was that the tunnel was actually an old dwarven passage way intricately carved along the walls with runes and sigils, even though his hand was on the wall feeling them he just brushed them off as cracks in the wall until they got to the cavern.

The cavern itself was of decent size, being about the size of a house or maybe an inn, the walls had the same décor as the passageway though it was not lined by torches. Braziers were scattered throughout the cavern at random intervals, making the walls dance with shadows casted from the belongings of the most recent inhabitants. As the group split off in their own separate ways Christof grabbed a torch from the passageway entrance and walked over to a chest in the middle of the room.

Some sort of captains chest, or a noble’s trunk guessing from the design Christof thought running his hands over the complex design, Though I haven’t seen this type of wood before in my life. Christof took off his gloves and strapped his magnifier to his head to get a better look at this strange box to see if he could decipher what it was made of.

”A maple perhaps, maybe some sort of pine? No no to dense to be pine, also its not a coffin so defiantly not pine, mahogany? No, oak? Well what type of oak Christof? Ha talking to myself, I’m not that old and senile yet,” he said to himself while setting out his tools.

As Christof put his bare hands on the chest, his vision suddenly faded and a cold sensation rushed up his arms. He quickly pulled his hands back letting his vision return and cold subside from his arms.

Magic he hissed putting his gloves back on, I should of known these bastards were up to something just leaving this box here, but still, what’s in it….”

Before he could further contemplate the situation, Anarawad called him and Mikhail over, showing them a message he found. Quickly scanning the letter Christof was at a lack for words, They knew I was coming? How? This is absurd, the only person who knew I could possibly come was Benjamin, unless one of these two are working for them. He thought eyeing the other two, Will need to keep a closer eye on these two, especially the little one, there’s something he isn’t telling us, and Theogios willing I will find out.

Kyon
Outsider

Post by Kyon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:26 am

Mikhail ran his hand across the wall as they ventured through the tunnel. Being in the dwarvan tunnel made him uneasy. Nothing said heinous evil like dwarves who dug too far down. Hopefully this tunnel was safe and short since Liberatus had been using it so regularly. Luckily it smelled as if they were still pretty shallow and close to the earth. Upon seeing the cave, though, his hope fell a little. A big dip into what seemed to be the living quarters made his heart fall a little more. As long as they don't depend on me to get us out of here we'll be fine, he thought.

As the three split up Mikhail started scrounging around for the note that Arilius had told him about, but became sidetracked by rummaging through the members' personal belongings. He managed to scrape up twenty Bishan from pockets and trunks. He also found a bit of food in the trunks around him. He ate everything he got a hold off, staving off the hunger shakes. He also picked up a tan bag about the same dimensions as the one he seemed to drop while running from the town guard. There was also a set of simple clothing around his size. He stuffed it into the bag and smiled at his haul. Nothing like stealing from the people you just killed.

Then he heard Anarawad. He walked over quickly and read the note over Christof's shoulder.

“What in the name of the Changers are they doing in Ayana? There's nothing there, from what I've heard. The last expedition I know of left when I was still a child, and they never returned. What could they possibly want in such a place?” Mikhail was desperately trying to understand what was going on, but there was missing information. The only way to find out what was going on would be to actually travel to Ayana. His spine tingled at the thought. Mikhail had been everywhere in Eyropa, but he had never been Outside the continent. The prospect of an all new continent to explore filled him with the deepest joy.

“Well, boys, how about a small trip?

Anarawad
Outsider

Post by Anarawad » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Ayana. He had seen crude sketches of the landmass in a book or two back home. Expeditions had been sent to discover the new land, but, from what he read, not a whole lot of them ever returned. The ones that did were...different.

Anarawad sighed at the note, shuddering at a cold breeze. The books at his father's shop had said that the travelers of the far-off continent returned quite crazed, rambling about "the other place" and other indecipherable codes. What maniac would want to travel to that place?

Tyris would. Anarawad thought, smiling with a sense of helpfulness.

"I know a captain that lives near my home town. He's a sort of lunatic, but he loves adventure. Also, from what I'm told, he's an excellent sailor. He probably would make the trek across the ocean to Ayana if we provided our own food. Actually, I know he would do it just so that he could say that he has. What do you think?"

Another cold breeze hit, snapping him out of his thoughts before anyone could answer.

"Do you feel that?" Anarawad asked, "I feel a breeze. We're close to the exit."

Christof
Outsider

Post by Christof » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 pm

”Well, that seems like a reasonable plan Anarawad” Christof began still holding the note, ”Though I do question sailing with a crazy captain into a place where no one of note has returned from, however, I could attempt to get a ship and supplies from Portis de Challey..”

Christof stopped midsentence and realized what he just said, I just offered to take a shifter and someone who may be spying for the enemy into the Inquisitorial Capitol, they would be dead before they crossed through the gate, and I need them for the moment.

”On second thought, let’s go with your original plan Anarawad, would be much safer for the two of you”

Christof let the other two banter as he went to retrieve his tools and gloves from the mysterious box thinking how in the world he was going to survive on a ship with present company.