Jerial
Citizen
Name: Jerial Malkyralas
Race: Elven

Tzalxochitl V2

Post by Jerial » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:32 am

Alright, I'm starting the hell over.

The Continent of Tzalxochitl: For Real This Time

I will be listing basics in the beginning and then expanding on each topic in its own separate post below. I'll probably plug links at some point, but you know me.

Ecology of the Continent

The main, most densely populated parts of Tzalxochitl are composed primarily of tropical rain forest and other deciduous forest, with the exception of a large region on the west-central region of the main landmass, a scar of the Changer's War which fades from a xeric, edaphic savanna saturated with latent magic near the coast to gradually blend with the rest of the rain forest in the east and the great volcanic Antar mountain range. [appriximation: Bolivia]

The climate, as one can assume, is generally rather wet, but a dry period exists in the winter that can extend up to 4 months long. If you're really, really interested, it follows what is described here http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/ad652e/ad652e18.htm above the 25th parallel and excepting the Plain of the Sun (mentioned above).

Locales & Places of Note (Including maps! Soon™)

Given the nature of Tzalxochitli government and culture, most societal hubs are based around areas of strong magic which the founders of the Old Tribes used as ritual sites and upon which are built the major ziggurats. The largest of these, and consequently the capital of the modern Tzalxochitli civilization, is located in the center of the above mentioned plain, a huge center of magical, cultural, political, and economic strength known as Qualhuaticlan. At its heart is the Ziggurat of the Sun, a colossal artificial mountain, a testament to the Tzalxochitli devotion and zealotry and a sort of Mecca for its adherents (read: everybody. almost. and the exceptions aren't really welcome).

Chutlaclana- Situated in the Antar at the convergence of two mighty rivers, this former capital of a pre-Changer society was one of the first to be resettled because of its strategic location and bountiful resources. It remains an unofficial capital of sorts, a living relic of the early united Tzalxochitli people.
Otherwise notable for its school of earth divination, Chutlaclanatuq, and the great, ancient stone fortress at the center of the city.
Last edited by Jerial on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:31 am, edited 11 times in total.
Ancladar wrote:I read something about a fox shifter who wields two swords or daggers, and was once part of the guard and had or has a phoenix shifter love interest who has some control over fire and another ability I can't recall at the moment.

Jerial
Citizen

Re: Tzalxochitl V2

Social aspects: gambling, pottery, illegal slave trade (all slave trade govt regulated), strange taboos (physical contact? homosexuality? certain foods? ways of cooking?[see Chinese fish customs])
Last edited by Jerial on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancladar wrote:I read something about a fox shifter who wields two swords or daggers, and was once part of the guard and had or has a phoenix shifter love interest who has some control over fire and another ability I can't recall at the moment.

Jerial
Citizen

history: chachapoya, starts in mountains, where start again after war

Capital City in the Antar: convergence of Bulanca (north) and Utcubamba (south) rivers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl

relations with Wokou in western capital

three realms- celestial, outer shell (Pal Tahrenor), true earth

Gran Pajatén

Chihuahuas- hunting packs
Last edited by Jerial on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:51 am, edited 5 times in total.

Jerial
Citizen

Post by Jerial » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 am

4chan told me i was pretty

Jerial
Citizen

Post by Jerial » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 am

don't mind me, just savin' a bunch of posts that I'll probably not use

Jerial
Citizen

Post by Jerial » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:34 am

Alright, that should be enough.

Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett
Race: Human

Post by Saruna » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:39 pm

<3
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.