When Worlds Collide

All things outside of Thar Shaddin.
Syrinia
Outsider
Name: Syrinia
Race: Dragon shifter

Re: When Worlds Collide

Post by Syrinia » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:40 am

Waking up to a bright light shining in through a nearby window and sending a warm feeling throughout the amazon’s body, Syrinia slowly opened her eyes to catch a glimpse of sunlight before quickly closing them to groan softly. She felt as though she had just been hit by a stampede of wild horses, and something was pulling her hair back in such a way that it brought discomfort to her head.

Releasing a sigh, she slowly slid her hands beneath herself, pushing herself up into a sitting position which allowed her to glance around at her surroundings. She found herself in a small, wooden room unlike any she had ever seen before. Spending most of her time outdoors in forests and old, abandoned villages Syrinia was not really used to seeing such a nicely decorated house; someone had definitely taken the time to add the details and time into making this cottage into much more than a house… it was a home, something Syrinia had never really experienced before even when her tribe was still alive. The feeling of family, it was never there; the tribe’s ancient traditions was all that really kept them together, but she had been raised this way and over time had grown accustomed to it so this did not burden her in the least. Even so, she had sometimes caught herself wondering what it would be like to be part of an actual family…

Quickly pushing her thoughts away, Syrinia focused her attention back into exploring her new environment. She found she was now sitting on a large bed with elegant, white sheets which closely resembled silk although she doubted they were actually made from such an expensive material. She noticed the base of the bed was made out of wood and several intricate patterns were carved into it all around making it quite an extravagant creation which gave her a strong urge to run her fingertips over them, amazed by how beautiful the whole bed was; she had never in her life seen anything like it before.

Looking up from the bed, she noticed there was a large, wood wardrobe just a few feet away from the front of the bed, and directly across from it stood a rounded fireplace made out of gray stones that seemed to glisten as the golden fire that was currently lid shone on them. She then directed her gaze onto her side where a small, night table could be found. It was round and constructed out of very fine wood as it shared the same complex designs also carved onto the bed’s base. Resting atop it a white candle could be found with a small cup of tea right beside it. The tea seemed freshly prepared as steam slowly rose up to the ceiling from it, warming the room even further.

Now familiar with her surroundings, the amazon began to search her body, trying to figure out what was up with her head and why her torso felt a bit tighter. She found her wound had been bandaged so as to cease the bleeding, and the pain was almost gone, a slight sting the only thing remaining when she moved around too much. She then lifted her hands up to touch her head, a slight headache now beginning to form as she noticed her hair was braided causing her eyes to instantly widen in shock.

'Who in the gods’ name dare do such a thing!' She thought to herself, a low growl now beginning to form in her throat. She quickly forced it to disperse into the rest of her body as she took a deep breath, calming herself before carefully pulling the braid apart.

Her head a bit better now, Syrinia suddenly noticed she was not alone in the room; someone was lying beside her in the bed. She instantly froze, realizing she was unarmed and wearing nothing more than a white nightgown. She quickly scanned the room to find she had missed a small, wooden table on another corner of the chamber, her armor resting on a chair neatly pushed under it and her weapons spread out over the table. This was not good. She decided to look over at the being beside her, though, and was surprised to find the young elf from the night before in a most pleasant sleep. She looked extremely tired from the previous night’s events and she had definitely earned the right to take a rest, but Syrinia found herself unable to recall everything that had happened. She could remember this woman helping her even though she had done nothing but try to frighten her away, and she also remembered an older elf taking the time to assist her as well. That was all her mind could make up of that night, though, and now, as she sat beside this enchanting elf at her side watching her peacefully sleep, she had no idea what to do.

Annel
Outsider
Name: Annel Mithyaas
Race: Elf

Post by Annel » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:02 am

A blinding light pierced Annel’s retinas as soon as she cracked open an eyelid. Had it been any other day she would have enjoyed the bright morning sunshine…but not today, not after the night she had…

Annel groaned and slowly dragged herself into a sitting position. She sat there for a moment with her eyes still closed, trying to decide which limb hurt the least, which proved to be a most difficult task. She inhaled deeply as she cautiously stretched out her long, slender legs and arms before allowing herself to fall back onto her pillows. “I didn’t know I could feel so shitty…” Annel mumbled as she scrubbed her face with the palms of her hands.

After a few more grunts and groans and a few more completely unflattering noises, Annel noticed something…That there was a large and very awake Amazonian woman staring directly at her. She blinked rapidly and began to chew at her bottom lip, which brought a slight smirk to the lips of her human. For whatever reason, the Amazon’s smirk brought a fierce blush to her cheeks. She clapped her hand over her mouth in an attempt to suppress her giggles. “Oh, dear…did I wake you? I apologize so much if I did…”

Syrinia
Outsider

Post by Syrinia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Watching as the young woman beside her slowly sat up to stretch her apparently-aching limbs out before allowing herself to fall back onto her bed, Syrinia remained silent, not sure of what to say or if she should even say anything at all. She was completely unarmed at the moment, and even though she was pretty sure this elf was no threat, she did not really enjoy the thought of being somewhere without any form of protection. If she could only reach her weapons, but what if standing up from the bed would bring about some form of assault from whoever else resided in the house, if anyone even did. She could recall a male voice from the previous night, what if he lived here too and was actually powerful? She decided not to take the risk, and simply went along with the current situation as best she could.

Finding the woman still had not noticed her presence, Syrinia lifted an eyebrow at the elf’s profane language, finding it quite shocking how someone of such finesse and elegance could hold such a word in their vocabulary. Nonetheless, she found it actually quite endearing and allowed a slight smirk to escape her before she quickly concealed it once more, noticing the woman had now taken notice of her and was beginning to blush.

’This is no time to mess around, Syrinia! Pull yourself together!’ She scolded herself and quickly regained her previous thoughts.

“Where am I?” She asked, ignoring the elf’s question. She did not think it wise to involve herself in a conversation at the moment.

Annel
Outsider

Post by Annel » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:37 am

“Oh, yes! You’re at my home, in my room, in my bed.” Annel announced, perhaps a bit too loudly. She leaned over and propped herself up on her elbows, a silly and very child-like grin was plastered on her face as she met the scrutinizing and slightly paranoid gaze of the Amazon. The two simply stared at one another for a moment. Annel couldn’t understand why she was enjoying this so much. She rested her chin in one of her hands and twirled a strand of hair around a finger, never once breaking eye contact with the dark haired beauty, who was now narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

Despite the distrustful glare she was shooting at her, Annel could see a small hint of amusement in the eyes of the Amazon. Noticing it made her start to giggle again. “You are so…funny. You wouldn’t happen to have a name, would you? Mine is Annel and I am very pleased to actually meet you.”

Syrinia
Outsider

Post by Syrinia » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 pm

The elf’s melodious voice reaching the amazon’s ears, Syrinia fought to stay focused on the current situation instead of allowing her mind to drift off into the large pool of thoughts now pouring into her head. She realized she was now in elf territory, an area practically banned to humans, and the worst part of it was: she was not even a human to begin with! Who is to say this was not merely a distraction as she awaited her own demise which would probably arrive sometime soon. She had to gather her weapons and be on her way as soon as possible just in case; she could not risk it, not today.

“My name is of no concern to you… Annel,” Syrinia tested the elf’s name, finding the sound of her voice did not bring enough justice to its heavenly nature. She then proceeded to lower her head to glance down at the bandaged wound adorning her body.

’Why did she help me?’ The amazon contemplated for a second before returning her gaze back onto Annel, meeting the young woman’s eyes with her own.

“I must go.” She quickly stood up, ignoring the sting of pain that instantly shot through her body. “I thank you for your hospitality, but I have been here too long already.”

Annel
Outsider

Post by Annel » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 am

Annel’s silly grin faded into a slight smile of amusement as she rolled onto her back and watched Syrinia. She fixed her eyes firmly on her, studying her. Despite the falter in her gait, Annel admired the way she pulled her shoulders back when she stood and how she held her head in such a proud manner. She also detected a bit of arrogance and conceit in Syrinia, which she found extraordinarily attractive…and confounding! She wrinkled her nose and continued to watch the Amazon, whom she knew more about than she wanted to admit, even to herself. “I was already anticipating this…” Annel sighed as she rolled onto her stomach and propped herself up on her elbows, resting her chin in her hands as she spoke. “Set aside your paranoia for at least a week and rest, please. You won’t get far if you leave now. You know that…Syrinia.”

Annel tried to smother her laughter with her hands as she rolled onto her back again. She playfully tossed a pillow at Syrinia’s leg and grinned impishly. “I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have done that. You must excuse me, I’m quite silly. Tis a setback of being an elf; we love to joke…which I’m guessing you don’t like to do so much.”

Being the absent minded elf that she was, Annel had not realized that she had partially disrobed herself when she rolled onto her back the second time. The thin, fragile strap of her nightgown had slipped off of her left shoulder, revealing most of her chest to Syrinia.

Syrinia
Outsider

Post by Syrinia » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Deciding to simply observe the young elf as she giggled and rolled around on her bed attempting to extend the conversation, Syrinia ignored the desire to question Annel about how exactly she knew her name. Had she told her the night before while she was partially unconscious, or was this being actually much more powerful than her appearance made her seem? Regardless of what the reason might have been Syrinia did not think it wise to give in to what the elf wanted and simply overlooked the obvious trigger.

All of a sudden the young amazon was pulled out of her thoughts as a soft object bounced off her leg, falling to rest on the wooden floor beneath her. Her expression instantly shifted to one of frustration as she watched the woman before her practically undress herself. She kept her eyes from widening, knowing this would only bring about even more childish behavior, and she began to wonder if the sole reason she had been rescued was because her body was required by someone. Of course, it would not be the first time this happened, but at the moment she knew there were more important tasks at hand to attend to so she made sure to keep her eyes at a reasonable level while conversing with Annel.

“It seems to me your people like to do a bit more than just joke,” Syrinia uttered in a monotonous tone, hinting at Annel's now-exposed chest while doing her best to mask any hint of interest she might have had for the young elf. Now was not the time to fool around; she had to make sure no other elves took sight of her in their territory, at least until she was fully healed, of course.

Annel
Outsider

Post by Annel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:53 pm

As she rolled onto her stomach again, Annel had now completely and inadvertently exposed her bosoms to Syrinia. Syrinia’s comment went over her head and she sat there for a moment trying ardently to digest its meaning as she was unaccustomed to sarcastic remarks. She knitted her brows together and tapped her cheek with a finger for a moment before she was able to make any sense of it. “Ah! Perhaps you were trying to be funny…” Annel whispered softly to herself before announcing her findings. She pulled herself into a sitting position and pointed at Syrinia as she spoke. “I…I don’t understand what you mean. But! I think you may have made an attempt at a joke!” She declared proudly to Syrinia, wrinkling her nose at the Amazon as she wagged her finger playfully, hoping to illicit a bit of laughter from the woman.

The reaction she got was not one she expected.

Syrinia
Outsider

Post by Syrinia » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:19 am

“Nothing escapes your grasp, does it?” Syrinia allowed another smart remark to escape before reminding herself that she should not be wasting anymore time; she had to find a way out of elven territory before anyone else caught sight of her or it could surely mean her death.

Ignoring Annel’s new position and charming mannerisms, Syrinia turned towards her weapons which were neatly arranged atop the small, wooden table in the far corner of the room. As she began to make her way towards them, she could sense the elf already beginning to shift in the bed as she made an attempt to stop her from leaving the cottage. Why did she have to make things so difficult for her?

Annel
Outsider

Post by Annel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:27 am

“Syrinia, dear…wait.” Annel slid off the bed and started towards her, keeping in mind to move slowly and not with her usual elven swiftness. “You are welcome in my home; we pose no threat to you...’we’ being my grandmother and I. No other elves have any knowledge of your being here. And besides that…you know you wouldn’t get far if you were to leave now.” She reached out her hand and placed it softly on her human’s shoulder as she continued. “Please…just a few days so you can heal. I’ll help you.” Annel could feel Syrinia shuddering beneath her hand. “I expect nothing from you except for a full recovery from your injury. You won’t have to do a thing. I’ll care for you.” She could see the Amazon’s eyes widening. “I mean it. Will you stay, dear?” She gave Syrinia’s shoulder a gentle squeeze before dropping her arm back to her side.

Syrinia
Outsider

Post by Syrinia » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:28 pm

The warmth of Annel’s hand on Syrinia’s shoulder instantly sent a slight shiver traveling throughout her body as the two women’s eyes locked on each other’s. Why was this elf being so caring and generous to her? She did not even know her, not to mention she had not really been the nicest of beings to her. There had to be something she wanted; something she would get out of it, that was always the reason for such kindness. Well, at least she bandaged her wound so it was not all bad if this actually did turn out to be yet another attempt at obtaining something from the amazon.

“I do not require your… help,” Syrinia muttered, the word quite unusual to her. “I will, however, accept your offer and remain here today, only out of gratitude for your assistance in the earlier matter, but I shall leave tomorrow during the first hours of night.”

Annel
Outsider

Post by Annel » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:12 am

Why was she so eager to leave? Annel wondered to herself as she searched the well guarded eyes of the Amazon. She wanted desperately for Syrinia to stay, for she was certain to die if she left so soon. She needed care, which Annel was more than happy to provide, but pure acts of kindness where obviously not something Syrinia was familiar with. She thinks I want something of her…and staying out of gratitude? What is that supposed to mean? She felt it best not to ask any questions, but to let Syrinia know that her intentions were not what she thought. “I know what you’re thinking, and things are not that way. My wanting to help you, and yes, Syrinia, you do need help, is because I care and I would like to see you get well. I can sense you aren’t at all used to that, but it is how I am. But…if you would like to leave…I can’t stop you from going.”

Annel did nothing to hide her misery as she lowered her eyes to the floor and turned away from Syrinia. She could see it so clearly in her mind…Syrinia dying alone in some desolate spot in the forests. “You are…you’re welcome to stay as long as you like, just so you know that. And feel free to use anything you need in my home, and if you need anything at all, just ask me. I’ll be here. I asked my grandmother to take my place at the hospice for today. I’ll be in the kitchen, okay, dear? Oh! And I’ve drawn all the curtains, so it’s quite dark. Mind your footing if you choose to come out, Syrinia.”

With that Annel turned to leave, pausing at the doorway to look back at Syrinia, who looked like a giant lost in a doll’s house. The thought made Annel smile as she started down the dimly lit hallway, hoping her human would decide to stay.

Syrinia
Outsider

Post by Syrinia » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Syrinia still could not understand why this elf was being so kind to her; her mind simply could not comprehend it. Maybe it really was ‘how she was’ but even so, there had to be something she wanted to obtain from the amazon, something, anything, but what?

Watching as the young woman turned away from her to make her way out the door and into the hallway, Syrinia studied the elegant movements the elf made as she treaded lightly over the wooden floor, almost seeming to glide effortlessly through the room. She was a remarkable being indeed which made Syrinia’s departure even more urgent as she would never forgive herself if someone caught sight of the amazon and ended up punishing Annel for attempting to assist a non-elf.

Yet, she had made a promise, and if Syrinia valued anything in this world it was her word. Living as an amazon all her life, Syrinia had been taught the many codes the tribe held dear to them, and she vowed to never break a single one. She would remain in this small cottage until nightfall of the following day, then she would set out in search of whatever fate held in her future. She did not really have a specific destination; she never did as she was a wanderer, possessing no true home or place in the world. She did not mind this, though, but for once in her life she actually felt… wanted, like she actually maybe belonged somewhere.

Shaking those thoughts quickly out of her head, she stepped forward, following Annel through the corridor of her house, unsure where exactly they were headed, but she wanted to see more of this place, more of the elf that had saved her life.

Annel
Outsider

Post by Annel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 am

“You won’t be able to sneak around this house, Syrinia dear. Your feet are far too large and the floor is far too creaky.” Annel said with a playful smile as she glanced over her shoulder at the Amazon, who shot a glare that would surely kill her if she didn’t find the look so charming. Annel smiled again as she rounded the corner to the kitchen, which was usually the most cheerful room in the cottage. Due to the circumstances at hand, Annel had drawn the heavy damask curtains tightly, leaving the house devoid of any sunlight, save for the small stained glass window above the front entrance. “I’m so sorry for the gloomy atmosphere, dear. Every morning I throw open the windows and let the fresh air and sunshine dance throughout the cottage...but having you here is an equal trade, I think.” Annel chirped as she turned to look at Syrinia, who was leaning against the wood-framed entrance to the kitchen with her strongly muscled arms folded across her chest, her face unreadable as she stared back. “My…if looks could kill, I would surely die where I stand…melt right through this very floor…” An unfamiliar clenching in her stomach brought forth a gasp, or rather…a squeak. Annel could feel a heady blush creeping into her fair cheeks as she smiled timidly at the Amazon, who, much to her despair, cocked her head to the side and arched a brow in response.

Annel snorted and turned sharply on her heels and began placing logs into the fireplace. She could still feel Syrinia’s eyes burning to her back as she worked, which caused her to fumble nervously about the kitchen. “Syrinia, dear, would you like to sit down?” She asked in a shaky voice as she attempted to light a fire. She glanced uneasily at the Amazon, who smirked and waved her hand at the offer, a bemused glint in her previously flat, lifeless eyes. Annel bowed her head to Syrinia and continued her quest for fire. After managing, somehow, to make the fire, Annel had regained enough of her composure to converse once again with her human. She stood and brushed the soot from her hands as she spoke, “Perhaps I can make you something to eat? I know you must be hungry, dear.”

Syrinia
Outsider

Post by Syrinia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 pm

As Syrinia continued to follow the young elf through the corridor and into a small room which resembled a kitchen, she was shocked as the woman offended her feet. Who did she think she was saying such remarks about an amazon, not to mention one that was definitely much more agile and powerful than her fragile body would ever allow her to be? Syrinia could easily tear right through her delicate figure and leave nothing but a large puddle of blood on the so-called ‘creaky’ floor. Nonetheless, the amazon decided to simply shoot Annel a nasty glare, cutting right through her frame like a sharpened dagger which was much more than any amount of aggressive words could ever do in this situation.

She instantly noticed when the elf caught sight of the anger now flooding through Syrinia’s veins and turned to begin tending to a fire nearby. The amazon decided to simply lean against the entrance of the kitchen and watch Annel’s morning rituals take place, listening intently with her keen hearing but choosing not to answer as she hoped this would keep the young woman questioning what exactly was running through her head. This was something Syrinia really enjoyed doing: playing with people’s minds. She found it fascinating how a simple moment of silence could send someone into a state of panic, grief, or wonder depending on the situation.

Finally, after a long moment of receiving no replies from the amused amazon, Annel seemed to demand a response as she approached her, questioning her about breakfast. Hmm… well, she was rather hungry… why not?

“What do you have?” Syrinia’s voice was at last heard, her expression unchanging.