Introduce Yourself!

All other out of character discussion and chit-chat goes here.
Look for people to write with and introduce yourself here.
Jiressa Stern
Outsider
Name: Jiressa Stern
Race: human

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Jiressa Stern » Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 pm

HI, folks! I just signed up and am working on getting my character's history out of my head and into the profile.

First off, this site is beautiful. Just really well done on so many levels. It's obvious a lot of devotion and serious hard work went into developing this world.

I am curious about how many players are active in the game right now. There doesn't seem to be a lot of recent posts. Is the "last post date" function not working properly in the forums, or has the site just hit a slow patch?

Cheers,
Ran/Jiressa Stern

Talia Idris
Citizen
Name: Talia Idris

Post by Talia Idris » Sat May 20, 2017 5:27 am

Glad you are enjoying the site so far!

Honestly activity varies. For example I (and a couple others) pop on the site on an almost daily basis but we don't always get around to posting or have people who are not as frequent responders. That being said a lot of us sadly live grown up lives that take over once in a while. But we always welcome fresh blood to liven things up a little!

Feel free to ask questions - there generally is someone around who knows whats going on!

Jiressa Stern
Outsider
Name: Jiressa Stern

Post by Jiressa Stern » Sat May 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Understood. Having watched 50 recede in the rear view mirror, I know a bit about the intrusions of real life :)

Prince of Elsewhere
Outsider
Name: Poe
Race: Rogue Astral Form

Post by Prince of Elsewhere » Tue May 08, 2018 5:20 am

Hello fellow denizens of the internet, I am Prince of Elsewhere, Poe for short (or sometimes Elsewhere). I used to PBP a good many years ago and have fond memories of almost getting expelled from wizarding school and dancing until the world ended. It has been some time since I've flexed these creative muscles and a RL friend of mine advised me to getting around to flexing them again.

I have a very creative mind and I enjoy creating characters. I have been enjoying playing D&D since 3.5 and enjoy theory-crafting characters. In recent years I've become less impressed with the later systems (D&D 4 and 5) but from what I've heard Pathfinder 2e is going to be quite interesting. I have also been part of a (New) World of Darkness role-playing club for some time and have enjoyed the more story based style of that system. Of all the creatures in that world my favorite is Changeling: the Lost.

A character that has been bouncing around in my head for a time that I have not been able to create in the more rigid systems is that of a sentient thought construct/astral form. I did imagine an implementation of the character that could exist in a x-men or other superhero sort of universe, but I have found the Thar Shaddin implementation of the astral plane to be an even better vehicle for the existence of such a character.

I do however realize that this concept may be a bit too high power level for a beginning character and so I plan on implementing the character as the unbound astral form of a human, so that there is the normal unmagical human that I can play for a time until I can take the training wheels off or what-not.