Errands and Meetings

Between Marn and Shim, along the Ofriyu Mar river, is a stretch of dense woodland known as the Virdara Woods.
Derin Edala
Citizen
Name: Derin
Race: Human

Re: Errands and Meetings

Post by Derin Edala » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 am

Rosemary nodded. "I'll see if one of the neighbours has a shovel we can borrow, and then follow you out." Yes, ask for a shovel. Not hiding the death. Nothing suspicious. Would it be suspicious to go borrow one from Saruna, and see how the woman was doing? Probably. Nobody had come by asking suspicious questions, but she should still probably avoid Saruna. And they lived too far from each other for that to be called convenience.

"I'll see you later. Thanks for your help." It's not as if a huge man carrying a dead man through the forest would be hard to track.

KoriStronghammer
Citizen
Name: Kori Stronghammer
Race: HumanNorthernman

Post by KoriStronghammer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am

"You're welcome."

They'd need a shovel, that was true. He wasn't digging a 6 foot hole with nothing but his bare hands. He didn't really want to pick this man up with his bare hands either, but certain things couldn't be helped. Having a thought, he lifted her father and threw the dead arm around his shoulders, trying to make it look like a friend helping a friend who had had a few too many, which was a common sight with Rosemary's father. Until he realized that her father was 5'4", 5'5" tops.

"Well that's not going to work now, is it?" He spoke to the corpse, a slightly strange habit of his, as he dropped it back on the bed. He was going to have to carry him out like a sack of potatoes, in the most obvious way possible. He walked over and fetched his ax, and sincerely thought about what amount of effort it would take to chop him up into smaller pieces and fit him into a literal sack. Rosemary may not appreciate the extra cleaning she would have to do with all the blood on the ground, floor, and bed. It'd be so much easier for him though.

Kori sat on a stool and contemplated. As he thought about how he was going to get this body to the woods without being noticed, he spied the ale barrel. It was small, maybe five gallons. Liftable and holdable. Turning the tap, he lifted it up to take a swig, because he was thirsty. It was good in the way that he could taste the alcohol, but bad in the fact that the brew actually tasted like horse piss.

"Bottoms up..." He muttered as he took another swig and sat the now almost half empty barrel down. Rising to his feet a little wobbly, he placed his ax in the leather sheath that ran across his back and then walked to the corpse, and started muttering again.

"I never asked your name, but I need to call you something other than Rosemary's father, the dead man and the corpse. I think I'll call you... Smelly Bob. I hope you have no objections?"

Hearing nothing, he began to roll Smelly Bob up in a sheet, hoping to make him look like something other than a corpse. Finishing, Kori nodded and grabbed Smelly Bob by his neck and leg, and picked the man up, bending forward to lay the corpse across his shoulders. Walking to the door, he saw no choice but to kick it to open it, realizing after he did so that it was supposed to open in, not out. He shrugged, almost dropping Smelly Bob in the process, and poked his head out of the door, checking for people. Seeing none, he reasserted his load and walked out of the door. And almost immediately started swearing. He knew that woman walking towards the town. She was't supposed to be here.

"I knew that fucking bitch would betray me and come for me sooner or later."

Ducking behind the house, he headed for the only area of Shim he knew he may be able to hide. He took Smelly Bob with him, he wasn't going to dump Rosemary's father in a ditch somewhere, it wasn't fitting. He figured she had spotted him, he wasn't exactly good at hiding. He did the only thing he could do, and laid Smelly Bob down and put his back to the stone wall of his forge, and he waited. The only reason she would be here would be to arrest him.

He just hoped she didn't have that ass who threw lightning at him with her.

Fayane
Citizen
Name: Fayane
Race: Shapeshifter

Post by Fayane » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:38 pm

It hadn't taken Fay long to locate the woman who'd sent in the report. After getting the initial description Fay internally winced. It couldn't be anyone else but Kori. After all 'tall, scary and bear-like' didn't fit too many other men in Shim. Sighing and acting like the ever exasperated guard Fay waved off the woman's cautions and moved down the street. It wasn't long before she spotted Kori sneaking out of a house, looking the wrong way, then turning to her.

"I knew that fucking bitch would betray me and come for me sooner or later." Fay winced. She wasn't BETRAYING him dammit... He was stupid enough to be caught and recognized. Sighing she picked up her pace to a quick jog and chased him back to behind the house where he stood waiting, a parcel of some sort at his feet.

"Good day, Master Stronghammer." Fay murmured, trying a small smile on for size. "Don't suppose you'd be willing to have a few friendly words with m-" She was interrupted by the sound of something rummaging through something else. Frowning she held up a finger and ghosted around to the neighboring house where she saw a rather large, garbage covered beast digging through the compost.

"What in the name of the Changers...?" Fay mumbled as she drew one of her swords to lightly poke the creature's exposed rump. "What are you...?" She wasn't too worried about Kori escaping - she didn't want to arrest him anyways. Besides... if he REALLY caused havoc she could just track him... the scent of bad beer wasn't hard to pick out among the local flora...

Dragon
Citizen
Race: Domestic Eyropan Dragon

Post by Dragon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 pm

The dragon put his nose to the ground and began tracking the scent of something delicious, its flavorful odor masked with the smell of old food and waste products. He turned in a few sharp circles, heading up the main road from the house of his Female, and then turned back around some ways up with the belief that the animal he was tracking had in fact changed direction.

There was a large pile of rubbish stacked beside a new dwelling, and here was where his prize awaited him. Most of the pile did not smell particularly edible, but there was something in there, something clearly delightful that would be the perfect courtship gift for his Female. He dug out much of the discarded fruit bits and feathers from a dead chicken, sorted through dirt and some manure, picked his way through an old fish carcass until at last his tail wavered in anticipation. The spade tip swung as if to stun the prey; a relic movement from his ancestors.

Ah hah! A partial rabbit, apparently discarded because it was lacking in meat. What was left of it was grim indeed, but he barely had time to grab the sad meal before something sharp poked his backside and he spun around defensively.

Clearly New Female was wanting to steal his prize, and he simply couldn't allow that. His head raised and he bobbed his head so that she could see the danger (there really wasn't any) to his horns. He made gruff little muffled noises to ward her off, distorted by the rabbit carcass in his mouth. His tail swung and waved back and forth in what could be described as "violently" if he had posed any threat to the guard at all.

His rabbit. Get out.

KoriStronghammer
Citizen

Post by KoriStronghammer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:56 am

"Asshole."

Kori muttered as she turned away. He grabbed Smelly Bob and began to walk off. She could be distracted by whatever she wanted to, he was pretty sure it was that brain dead dragon lizard, and he would leave. She wasn't taking him to jail. He had had enough of imprisonment in his early years. As he stepped away and began to walk around the corner of the wall, he couldn't help but remember the past, the weight of his memories stopping him in his tracks.

"...Young, too young for the things he had already seen and the things he had already done with his bare hands. They couldn't let him run around the village, he was too dangerous. Many had said he needed to be put down, to be burned on the same ship his mother and father had traveled to the afterlife on. They didn't want someone who couldn't control their anger around, especially when that anger was as deadly as his was. The chieftain had made a compromise with the naysayers, and the people who said they couldn't kill a member of their tribe for the trauma he had faced. He was just a boy, and didn't know why they were fitting the heavy steal collar around his neck. Or why they were chaining it to the center of a iron cage, 6 feet long and 6 feet tall. He still wouldn't understand, even when he was freed for the first time and given a hammer and told to kill and he would be freed for good. That was the first time and last time they told that lie. He slaughtered and destroyed for them, and they locked him back in that cage. When he grew to big for it, they made a bigger one. He was an animal. They finally told him to leave, and was allowed to take his weapons, to take his one and only trade out into the world. Killing.

He was drawn out of his memories by feelings of his slightly elongated canine teeth biting through the meat of his lip. Shaking his head, he continued his walk into the forest to bury Smelly Bob.

Fayane
Citizen

Post by Fayane » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Fay stared down at the baffling sight before her. A rather large lizard was trying to be threatening... why? Usually animals had no issues with her... of course she HAD just interrupted whatever he was doing (likely looking for a bite to eat). She hadn't missed Kori's growl, and smiled wistfully. This wasn't to be easy. Looking between Kori's retreating figure and the small dragon she quickly made up her mind. She'd simply bring to silly thing with her.

"Come here, little one." Fay murmured as she crouched, one hand digging into her belt-pouch for the jerky she'd taken to keep there. Smiling easily at the dragon she carefully held out a gloved hand, a strip dangling between her fingers.

"I mean you no harm." She really doubted if the thing could understand her... but calm soothing tones would relax the beast (hopefully) enough she could either put a leash on it or simply carry it. Fay's ears, shifted discreetly beneath her hood, swiveled slightly to follow the sound of Kori's heavy plodding. Though his lack of discretion and stealth often annoyed and baffled her, it was handy at the same time. She doubted if she could lose his trail, though that was an interesting thought.

Dragon
Citizen

Post by Dragon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm

There was something people didn't really seem to realize about being blissfully unaware of exactly how complicated situations were, as the dragon was all the time. The problem being that he was also confused 99% of the time, if not a little more than that. He never understood what was going on and to be entirely truthful he didn't really care either. So long as his next meal time was somewhere in the future it didn't matter how much or why he was dragged around all day by strangers; none of it really mattered because right now the only thing that mattered was that New Female was trying to steal his rabbit. That was something he simply could not tolerate. Everything else was ignored.

Of course when she pulled food out of her hip-thing (it seemed nearly everyone these days kept food with them at all times there), he couldn't be arsed to threaten her any longer. He chewed roughly on the rabbit fur, delighting in its rotten fleshy taste until she held the piece out for him to grab. With one stupidly quick movement for his stocky self, he dropped the carcass and snapped the piece out of her hand, barely missing her fingertips with his needle teeth.

She was a weird thing, a weird female, but it wasn't as if he'd ever learned how to be picky and choosy. Still, he should really have been getting back to his Female so he grabbed his rabbit skin and started walking past the weird female.

KoriStronghammer
Citizen

Post by KoriStronghammer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Kori lifted the cover on his forge and looked at the coals. He didn't feel like digging, and fire would do just fine. Just needed more wood. He dumped Smelly Bob on the ground and began to cart in more and more logs. As he finally built the fire to a higher heat, he just picked up Smelly Bob and dumped him in, covering and all. If anything, Smelly Bob smelled worse now, a rancid cooked pork smell. Kori sat down heavily next to the log pile, dragging the beer barrel over to him.

Taking a small hammer and smashing the top, he lifted it and took three deep pulls.

"Here's to you Smelly Bob!"

Fayane
Citizen

Post by Fayane » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:22 am

Fay raised an eyebrow as the small reptile attempted to move away from her. Seeing as she didn't see a formal collar or papers materializing from thin air, it was safe for her to assume the dragon was unregistered; which was something she couldn't let slip. Bending she scooped the small reptile under her arm and deftly tied its muzzle shut.
"Sorry little one, but I have no intentions of being considered your next meal." She informed the apparently enraged creature. Grunting with slightly effort, Fay moved through the woods to where she smelt something that had her retching - burning flesh. Coughing and covering her sensitive nose with a gloved hand, Fay moved hastily to the drinking Kori, her eyes watering from the pungent smell of burnt flesh, alcohol and such other things.
"Master Strongerhammer, you know I have no desire to bring you into the courts, have I have little other choice. Someone in the village recognized you, and if I don't bring you in this time, I will lose what little trust the guard has in me. Changers knows I need that trust to stay within the guard." Grunting and setting the small dragon down with a handful of jerky to occupy it, Fay looked up to the drunken giant.
"Please don't make this any more difficult than it already is Stronghammer."

KoriStronghammer
Citizen

Post by KoriStronghammer » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 am

"I believe the correct terminology I'm looking for is..... Fuck you, you fucking bitch."

Kori burped and went to stand, promptly falling down and smashing his head against the anvil. As he lay on the ground, waiting for the stars to go away, and shook his head to clear them quicker. With a growl, he threw himself up again, only to turn to quick and fall over, this time hitting his head on the solid oak wall post. As he lay there, he couldn't help but laugh in his head as the blackness closed in. She would never be able to pick him up to move him. Ever.

Dragon
Citizen

Post by Dragon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Like a small crocodile, his mouth was suddenly shut with a thick piece of rope so that he could do little more than struggle with his muscular legs and make weird little aggressive growls, muffled tremendously by the rope. He didn't like this female, as he was convinced she was going to take his rabbit away from him. Perhaps this was female rivalry; but alas, he had already chosen his Female and this one was not her. Not to mention she smelled like something very edible.

Rather than taking the rabbit, she simply took him away from the rabbit, either so she could eat him or so she could drag him off to have her way with him and then return to eat the rabbit later. Neither option was one he particularly looked forward to except for the possibility of sexual gratification, but if afterward he would succumb to her appetite then he simply wouldn't have it.

As usual, he took very little interest in what was happening around him. The smell of burning flesh and alcohol tore the inside of his nose and he snorted accordingly. When the female set him down in front of a small pile of jerky he was very bothered, as she forgot to remove the ties on his mouth, or else she was simply intentionally torturing him. He rolled around on it, snuffed his nose in it, and let drool dribble onto his chin while he wrestled trying to free himself. He picked at the tie with his talons and it frayed at the edges. He squabbled over it and as the giant fell he freed himself, ate the jerkey in one mouthful, and ran in the direction they had come all in under a minute.

Screw her. He wasn't going anywhere.

Fayane
Citizen

Post by Fayane » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 am

Fay was too preoccupied and dumbstruck by Kori to even notice the small dragon scuffle about and leave. She'd feel bad later, but for now she was simply stupefied. Kori Stronghammer, the bloody man who could withstand Melagone's magic-based attacks, was lying unconscious at her feet due to his on clumsy, drunken state. Shaking her head to try and dispel any more random thoughts she eyed the big man critically. HOW the hell was she going to move him? She was sure she could - in her half form... however if she came to Thar in that state... she huffed out a breath before bending at the waist and working at stripping him of his heavy clothes... so basically everything but his pants and jerkin. Panting at the effort she managed to pull both his jerkin and mail over his head and arms and tossed the mail to the side for now.

Carefully leaning the bear-man back against the post, rather than against her, she knelt and tugged off his boots. That done she gathered the heavy metal garments and looked around, trying to find a safe spot to hide them for now. Spotting a particularly sturdy-looking cupboard she grabbed a clean cloth she found and wrapped the metal in it to avoid rust before stashing it in the cupboard. Now for the hard part... Pulling her hood up further and the collar of her shirt up as high as it would go, Fay managed to mostly hid her face as she shifted. She grew for a moment, mostly because she was balancing on her toes, before she crouched. Her fur rubbed her clothes and knotted, her tail was cramping around her waist... this was clearly not to be a particularly pleasant trip...

Bending she picked up Kori's arms, turned so they were pointing in front of her and knelt. She pulled hard, pulling the giant onto her back, before typing his hand in front of her with a chain.
"I am sorry, my friend." She murmured to the unconscious man as she hefted him and managed (barely) to lift them both off the ground... well, she managed to get him high up enough she could just drag him. She looked down for the dragon she'd only just remembered and saw the broken leather. Smiling slightly she looked up, her ears pointed in the very muted sounds of his walking.
"Good luck little friend." She called before trudging towards Thar, grunting and growling every so often. This was not going to be an easy trip... bloody man.