The Enemy of My Enemy is... A Criminal?

The ruins of the ancient fort Marn along the city's western quadrant, including the Shanty Town market.
Caiomhe Feryn
Citizen
Name: Cai
Race: Human

Re: The Enemy of My Enemy is... A Criminal?

Post by Caiomhe Feryn » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:07 am

Cai nodded at the question. She didn't know what this 'klim' was--obviously it was one of those verb things that she couldn't really figure out, but kliming must mean going up the wall. She remembered that she had kilmed trees when she was little, so very high. And it wasn't that hard. Plus, it was just upwards, not like she had to scale a huge, twisting cliff or road up some gods-forsaken mountain, like she'd had to before.

She hoisted herself up the wall quicker than would be expected of a blind girl, if a blind girl even got the crazy idea to kilm. Once on the roof she lowered a hand to her new, non-sarcastially, friend to help her up, not that this cat-like girl would need it.

She couldn't resist trying out even more of her new language, even though it was hellish on the tongue and she knew it was hard to understand. "Hae es this'n 'Danoo-Boy' ye keep a'spaekin' o'?"

She wasn't worried about infections from the nasty buildings, and she passed that on as well. "I em a healer, sae donnae a'fered aboot nasties frum'a thae dirt." She didn't know how to say 'infections' so she settled for 'nasties.' She knew it wasn't the right word, but at that moment, Cai didn't really care. "Sae, where noo?"

Cimri Mayensis
Outsider
Name: Cimri Mayensis
Race: Cougar-shifter

Post by Cimri Mayensis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:13 am

It was a huge relief, and something of a surprise, to see how quickly the other girl could climb. She was still slow, but Cimri kept pace behind her on the off-chance that she lost her grip. The girl reached the top and actually extended a hand down in Cimri's direction, startling her as a thumb whooshed past her nose. "Thanks, but I got it." She hoisted herself up and over the edge, pulling the proffered hand with her.

"We're just going to sit here for a moment," she told her friend, peering down over the side of the building, looking for movement.
"Hae es this'n 'Danoo-Boy' ye keep a'spaekin' o'?"
"Danimov is a nasty piece of work. I've only heard minimal chatter on the street about him, which, in itself would either be irrelevant or very bad. But given what I've heard, it's a baaaad sign." Cimri twitched her shoulders, feeling like something was off. The rooftop was a resting point, but it wasn't secure, and she had no intention of staying long. "Rumor says he gets his rocks off torturing women. A couple local prostitutes have gone missing since around the time he arrived, and recently a con-girl I knew, who was supposed to have gone to ground while the heat was up got found."

She paused to consider her words. "Well, we found most of her. I dunno what happened to her left breast, and I heard tell that the guards found out later that her heart was missing. Can't guarantee any facts you hear about the guards though. Maybe they did it."

Pulling back from her reconnaissance, she met the other girl's vague eyes. "I don't know about you, but I sure as hell don't want Danny-boy getting his hands on me. Especially since I hear tell he's got the bish to make lots of friends real fast."

"And I'm much more worried about Nasty Danny than I am about some stupid crap from climbing a wall. Besides, my system can take it. Shifters don't have to worry so much about the little nasties."

Another peer over the wall told her that no one was approaching yet. She faced the stranger she'd saved - the target she'd almost snatched from. Nothing promised the girl wouldn't turn on her later, but hey - by that time, Danny-boy might have already made sure Cim didn't have a later. She picked up the girl's hand and shook it. "Name's Cimri. You can call me Cim, or Sin. Most people call me whatever they damned well please, anyway. Call me Kitten, though, and I'll show you my claws," she warned.

Caiomhe Feryn
Citizen
Name: Cai
Race: Human

Post by Caiomhe Feryn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:54 am

Caiomhe only understood about half of what this girl, Cimri, was saying. She certainly didn't understand what she meant by rocks, but she was astute enough to deduce that Cimri probably didn't mean rocks that one would find along a roadside. She nodded, forming her next few questions in her mind.

Cai directed a smile at the shifter girl. "Et's a nice tae meetin' ye, Cimri. Thankee fer a'noo leavin' me tae thae nasty..." What was that word? Cai fell silent for a minute and wracked her memory for the word she'd overheard a few days back, as she'd passed into the city's perimeter. "Nasty besterd. That's a word, nae? Besterd?" She knew she wasn't pronouncing it right, but her accent made everything sound strange, so she didn't particularly mind.

She carried on, though still wondering about her limited vocabulary. "I'm a'named Caiomhe, ye can a'call me Cai. Es simpler, an' ye easterners cannae say me name sae well."

She would look over the edge and try and keep a lookout herself, but... that was rather pointless. There were times she almost forgot she was blind and acted the idiot because of it. She settled for a light sigh instead and leaned back against a propped-up bit of roof. "Yer frum aroond here, nae?"