The Fox and the Hound

The quiet, southern part of the city, where the residents have their homes.
Shade
Citizen
Name: Shade Corrin
Race: Werewolf

Re: The Fox and the Hound

Post by Shade » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 am

Shade frowned hard at the two bumps, making a face when he'd heard the tying ears part. No, not if they could avoid it he wouldn't. It hurt to have ones ears pulled down for long and he was certain the boy knew that as well. He glanced around the room before pausing, staring at his sheet for a second before casting a big grin on his face.

"So, you know about those rumors that got started not long ago...? Why not put them to use?"

----

"I will need to leave you soon. I have... people I need to inform of my maybe lengthy leave." Drayel said grimly as he began to stand and looked at Gia pointedly. "I'm trusting you to look after things. Shade can't go against the word of a guard and by the looks, the boy isn't good at fighting. You're the only one who can kill if this house is threatened. Understood?"

Gia Rilan
Citizen
Name: Gia

Post by Gia Rilan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:33 am

Of course he had to leave. Humans. Not taking care of what was really important - the pack and the territory. Not that she was pack with these strange shifters. The fox she wouldn't mind so much, and he could certainly benefit from the guidance of an older shifter (not that Gia felt up to that, but she was certain she could find someone who could help the kid with his problems), but that damn wolf... And the humans were certainly not pack. She had lived with some humans in a pack once or twice and had served many of them, but they couldn't know what it really meant, not these humans, not anyone who would collar a wolf.

Gia nodded sharply and then let a feral smile spread over her face, baring entirely too many teeth to be considered friendly at all. "Anyone who comes here who should not be here will meet my fangs," she promised.

Kitan
Staff
Name: Kitan Valyra
Race: Fox Shifter

Post by Kitan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Kitan removed the hood and scratched the back of his head, not looking Shade in the eyes. While he was grateful that he wouldn’t have to wear the cowl and make his ears hurt, he had to admit the alternative was equally lackluster. “I’d really rather not. I mean uh, whatever you’re thinking would probably work but I don’t really... um, yeah.” He was having trouble articulating his response, but he really wasn’t enthused about pretending to be a cross dresser.

If only he could shift, this wouldn’t be a problem at all. His little hands balled up into fists with frustration, dearly wanting to hit something in frustration but knowing better than to act on such urges. “I could cast an illusion to make it look like a normal hood, probably. Actually, no. That wouldn’t work cause my ears would still stick through the illusion.” He thought for several moments. “I could also make it look like I’m a hunter, and the fox ears are part of a pelt I am wearing.”

Shade
Citizen

Post by Shade » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:25 am

"That... may work." Shade said rather surprised by the idea. "I like it though, how long can you hold it for? That and the illusions may cause you to freak like the last couple times. That wouldn't be the greatest either...."

Shade grumbled as he rubbed his nose. This was all risky despite his wanting to avoid danger, knowing full well that Kitan wouldn't survive a guard fight. He needed a plan for escape if they got caught as well and if he 'wore' a hunter then maybe... maybe he could run away using the same illusion. The drawbacks they could deal with later on but for now.

"It's your skin boy, you choose."

---_---_--

Drayel caught the foul expression she'd sent him at the words of 'leaving' and he grimaced a smile.

"I understand your disapproval but truly this is no different than looking after pack in your case. The boy is mine therefor meaning I must after him as well. Who knows, perhaps you will meet him." Drayel chuckled lowly as he went to the door and grabbed the handle. He paused for a moment, looking back at Gia with a grim smile. "If you do kill however, hide the body if you can and try not to let them scream. We don't want attention after all."

With that Drayel nodded his goodbyes and walked out the door, closing it firmly behind him.

Gia Rilan
Citizen

Post by Gia Rilan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:54 am

"We are not a pack," Gia muttered as Drayel walked out the door. She glared after it and would have put her ears up if she'd had them... maybe a change of form would be a good thing. But no, she needed her human reasoning tempered by the wolf's senses, not the wolf's instincts flavored with a bit of human logic.

And the idea that she wouldn't dispose or hide her kill was just silly. As much as she would like to put the man's head on a spike for all the world to see, Gia did recognize that that was probably not the best idea in Marn. So discreet it would be, if discreet it had to be.

She shot a glance at where Shade and Kitan had disappeared. They were taking longer than fancy ladies did to get ready, and Gia sighed heavily. She would much prefer to be out and away from this house. Staying in one place was a bad idea if they were being hunted.

Kitan
Staff

Post by Kitan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Kitan smiled and flicked his hand. Immediately he appeared to be wearing a few pelts. He looked down and realized his messenger’s symbol was still showing, and poked it once. A rabbit pelt appeared draped over it.

Kitan’s ears were larger than a regular fox’s, but the disguise was very convincing otherwise. Beneath his tunic his tail wagged. “I can keep it active for as long as I can think about it, and I’ve been doing this for a while. It’ll only drop if something really startles me.”

He pouted at the mention of his delusions. “They usually aren’t that bad, really. It’s just been strange lately.” He thought about that, and respectfully nodded, implying that it might not have been the best idea. “I don’t know what’s causing the change,” He admitted, “Or even if there is a cause other than chance.”

He listened to a cart roll by out on the street. Every once in a while his ears noted a yawn over the rolling crack of wood on the stone street. “We should head back down. We’ve probably spent too much time here already.” He started for the stairs.

Shade
Citizen

Post by Shade » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 am

Shade walked after Kitan with a grunt, coming to a stop to sneer at Drayel only to realize him missing. Startled Shade glanced around before looking at Gia with a frown. "Where's tin can? Did he run off already? Ah well. Come on, we're heading to old Tinny's farm. I know the way and it's out of sight."

Shade paused to glance at Lucy. "You stay out of trouble though, right? No men in the house?"

"None." Lucy promised. "Except for the handsome ones. Go on, go where you're going. You've been here too long anyway. Rebbecca and I will be just fine. Good luck and Kitan? Here. I made a lunch for the three of you. I doubt that big lug fed you yet and I don't doubt you'll soon get hungry."

Gia Rilan
Citizen

Post by Gia Rilan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:09 am

Gia almost snarled when she saw Kitan wearing the pelts, then bit it back when she realized it was a good disguise. If a bit garish, really (who wore pelts around like a hunter, anyway?), but she supposed he would blend in well enough. It was an offense punishable by death in Zhaltev though, and though she hadn't been born there the unwritten laws of the shifter city had been deeply impressed onto Gia.

Tearing her eyes and emotions from the furs, she looked at Shade. He was stupidly protective of this human, but she knew he was probably confused because of the collar. It made him like a dog and so he must be forgetting that he was truely a wolf who should grovel to no human. Gia knew she too had served humans before, but they were always powerful and had great visions, and they certainly weren't requiring her to defend them from suitors. That was a little sad to her.

"The guard left," Gia explained. She walked over to the door and opened it. "Lead the way, wolf." She couldn't help but perk up a bit at the idea of a farm. Maybe there would be a chicken she could chase. That would relieve some of this tension at being around a collared wolf... and being inside... and being hunted by a mad guard... A chicken would be good.

Kitan
Staff

Post by Kitan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Kitan respectfully turned to Shade and let the werewolf walk ahead of him. He hadn’t the foggiest idea where they were going, after all. Once the werewolves walked through the door he followed behind eagerly, his bouncing steps only slightly diminished by the need for subtlety.

When they reached the stone street, the sun had risen over the buildings to glare angrily down at them. Kitan paused for a moment and closed his eyes to listen. He heard a wagon in the distance, a dog bark and someone sweeping the floor in the building across from them, but no distinctive clangs created by mobile steel. “I think we’re good to go. I don’t hear anyone important coming.”

Shade
Citizen

Post by Shade » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 am

"Alright, we're off!" Shade stated puffing out slightly. "We head towards Shim for now. With some luck, we'll get there without any hassles. Gia, you keep an eye out behind us. Kitan, I want you ready to hide at a word. We don't want any other guards to know where we are. Yeah?"

He gave his companions a once over before snorting heavily.

"Alright." He growled taking the lead and starting towards the direction of the gate. "Let's hope this works."

Gia Rilan
Citizen

Post by Gia Rilan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Gia inhaled deeply several times as they exited the house, closing her eyes and concentrating all her focus on her nose in order to smell better. There were human smells aplenty, but not the smell of steel overlaid with fear that she was searching for. She could still smell Drayel and his armor but the scent didn't have the reek of hate and fury she was looking for, and so she gave a satisfied snort and nodded. "Nothing," she murmured. "Let's go."

She trotted after Shade and vaguely recognized places as they passed, but she was still focused on sniffing out the Bad Man and his potential friends. Gia thought about half-morphing, giving herself some ears and her wolf nose, but recognized that that would not help with being sneaky... and was exactly what Kitan had had to cover up.