Snake Charmer

Shops, street merchants, taverns, brothels and inns situated along the busy Main Street that runs through the middle of the city.
Alaya
Outsider
Name: Alaya Enkarie
Race: Human

Re: Snake Charmer

Post by Alaya » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:00 am

She nodded along pleasantly with his talk, following his words whilst leading him through the street.
When he asked her where they were going, she laughed in response, in a tone that could be mistaken for mocking but, was not intended that way.

She walked through the labyrinthine streets with him by her side, making idles small talk before moving onto a more interesting topic, "So, why did you come and talk to me in the first place?"
She had wondered for a while, pondered over every option she could think of but came up with not a single conclusive idea. She was certainly intrigued, not that he was a particularly interesting man, it was strange, she didn't often take an interest in men, especially those who approach her at work, but, he had caught her attention and persisted, maybe she felt she owed it to him, or maybe she was genuinely enjoying herself.

She gazed in his direction awaiting a response, her eyes meeting his, staring right through him as if into his very soul, but more accurately his mind. Though she had refrained from probing his mind so far, she felt like she might as well now, there was nothing to lose, or at least she thought.

Manuel
Citizen
Name: Manuel Aknin
Race: Black Mamba Shifter

Post by Manuel » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:21 am

She had laughed at his question. A bit suspicious on her part but not terribly so, he was still inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't everyday that one got invited on a walk with a pretty girl after all, so he was content to get drawn along for the ride. They talked about meaningless things as they went on, simple rambling to fill what should have been a rather uncomfortable silence, the kind of talk reserved for strangers or acquaintances. Alaya appeared to tire of that soon enough though, and moved on to more probing talk.

"So, why did you come and talk to me in the first place?"

Manuel stared straight ahead, observing her only in his peripheral vision. He simply shrugged as he pondered why he had approached her. Something had drawn him to her he supposed, something subtle that he had barely noticed, tugging his senses towards her. Granted he wouldn't have paid it much attention but she was human, he generally didn't socialize with humans as a rule, not unless they were customers. So how exactly had he found himself here with this girl? His pace slowed somewhat as he thought, but whatever he was trying to remember was rather elusive, playing just at the edges of his memories. Manuel reached into the pocket of his coat and pulled out a shiny small purple gem, gently rubbing it. It wasn't anything special, but doing that calmed him in the same way that other people may be calmed by sleeping, or stroking a dog, or cuddling a loved one.

He turned to face her, a small frown playing over his face. His body language radiated caution, the kind of behavior a trapped animal may have exhibited.

"I don't know why I came to talk to you........"

Manuel stopped walking and stuck his hands in his pockets, still rubbing the purple gem. He puffed out his chest and stood straighter, drawing up his hood over his head, small ways to make himself look like less of a target. His eyes were calm, but the snake was agitated and wanted answers.

"Why don't you enlighten me Alaya. Tell me why I came to you, tell me where we are going"

Alaya
Outsider
Name: Alaya Enkarie
Race: Human

Post by Alaya » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Alaya was taken aback, all had been going well but he had just turned on her, she took a few steps back, suddenly remembering the dagger hidden on her person, hoping it didn't come to that.

"I don't know, you approached me remember?"
By this point the fear had dissipated from within her, she was ready for anything, or so she thought.
With one quick motion she drew back up to him, though noticeably smaller, she was clearly not going to back down, she had done nothing wrong.
She awaited his offer, staring into his snake-like eyes while her glared her way, his frown shaping his face from jaw to brow.

Why did this always happen to her, the one time she actually finds someone she finds genuinely interesting and no, it is ruined by, all of this shit that started her off. Why couldn't she have just been born normal like everyone else.
She asked herself that almost every night now, when guilt over what she had once taken pleasure in had stolen the dreams from her sleep and kept her up every night, haunted by the faces of those she had wronged.

Manuel
Citizen
Name: Manuel Aknin
Race: Black Mamba Shifter

Post by Manuel » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:37 pm

When Alaya drew back Manuel was rather confused, he had legitimately thought that she was hiding something from him, but her reactions all pointed to her being just a confused as he was. Manuel began to move towards her, seeking to clear up whatever misunderstanding he had caused, but then she drew back up to him. Alaya had moved close to Manuel, invaded his personal space with no thought of what could had happened to her. The confidence she showed startled him and he delayed before responding, resisting the urge to put some distance between himself and the rather annoyed human. For all his posturing though, his movements made it clear that having her so close to him made him uneasy.

"Yes......I did." He shook his head like he was trying to rid himself of fleas "I didn't mean to come off like that....I just want to know where we're going"

Manuel shifted his weight, the uncomfortable silence seeming to stretch forever.