In for Trouble

Shops, street merchants, taverns, brothels and inns situated along the busy Main Street that runs through the middle of the city.
Sisara
Citizen
Name: Sisara Kasabian
Race: Human

Re: In for Trouble

Post by Sisara » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Sisara’s head snapped back up to the girl at her words and she narrowed her eyes. On a better day, she would have added a please. On a good day, she would have apologised. On a good day, she wouldn’t have snapped at the girl.
But today was most definitely not a good day.

“Good, then you’ll be able to carry him for a bit. My place isn’t around the corner.” She would have taken Farius to his own place but with this girl in tow, she preferred not to. Besides, she wasn’t sure yet why he had fallen unconscious and she preferred to be in her own place then where she had everything at hand. She knew where everything was in Farius’ place but the man had a knack for running out of things that could be useful in these kinds of circumstances.

She didn’t leave it up for discussion. The girl would just have to follow Sisara’s lead and that was the end of it. The way back to her place seemed to drag on for ages, not necessarily in distance but because she grew edgier with every step they took. Farius didn’t react, didn’t wake up and it was unnerving. What the hell was wrong with him? She wasn’t even bothered by the fact that she was accompanied by a complete stranger and that the latter was going to enter her home, her sanctuary. All she cared about was getting Farius into bed and well again.

“This is it,” Sisara finally told the girl. “Give me a moment to open the door.” Fair warning at least, before she eased some of the guard’s weight off of herself and onto the girl so she could handle the lock and door. Once inside, she motioned towards the only bed in the place and Farius was deposited on it shortly after.

The place wasn’t much but it was enough. It had all the comforts Sisara had ever wanted in her life, or that she had ever needed and it had a lingering smell of sweet and spicy things. A tiny bouquet of flowers sat on the small table in the living area. It was cosy, in her opinion, but now with someone new and strange in there, Sisara would have felt it was a little inadequate, if she hadn’t thought only of Farius as she rummaged around the kitchen area.

“Is there anything you can tell me about how exactly he has suddenly come to pass out? What did he drink while in your presence? Did he eat something bad?” She was already rushing back to the bed with a small bowl of cold water and a cloth to put across his forehead. Not that he had a fever, so she wasn’t even sure this would help.
‘Really, Sis, get it together! Think!’

Talia Idris
Citizen
Name: Talia Idris
Race: human

Post by Talia Idris » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:27 am

If looks could kill the one she had just received would have certainly knocked her unconscious at the very least. Even with that Talia still suck her tongue out at the female guard when she wasn't looking, getting a strange sense of satisfaction from the action, childish though it was.

The walk to wherever they were being taken was much longer and their cargo much heavier then she would have liked. Talia was more then willing to blame it on the alcohol but she filled the silence as she entertained herself with her own thoughts.

Who knew those fruity drinks packed such a kick. And made her have to go to the bathroom so bad....she hoped that it didn't take much longer to get there. Looking curiously over at Sisara she wondered if perhaps she and Farius were brother and sister. Or maybe close cousins.

Talia wasn't too happy to have to shoulder the weight of a full grown man herself. He wasn't her friend, why didn't the woman just give her the keys and Talia could open the door. Her inner grumbling stopped at they entered the house. It was a modest place but certainly larger then her own little room above the bakery and had a very comfortable feel to it.

She stood awkwardly to the side as Sisara scooted around. Her hands nervously and somewhat unconsciously played with the flowers in the living room A few small blooms were starting to droop but perked up a little at her touch. Remembering that she needed to use the bathroom she was going to ask before she was promptly cut off as she was asked several questions.

Sitting down on the floor she rubbed her head as she tried to think. "He...He drank a couple beers. Not anywhere enough to get drunk unless he is a lightweight." She laughed for a moment before quickly getting serious again after looking up at Sisara. "Um...he got some food too. potatoes and meat of some sort? We had all eaten beforehand so we didn't get any. But I know what food poisoning looks like and it doesn't look like that."

She wracked her brain for anything that might help before finally shaking her head. "The only thing that really stands out was that the waitress had a crazy bad attitude. I don't think she like us very much." She frowned at the thought before jumping up, a bad idea as she staggered slightly but tried to keep from bumping into anything.

"I hate to be a bother but would I be able to use your bathroom?" She asked as she looked around the room and tried to keep herself from bouncing around.

Sisara
Citizen

Post by Sisara » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:13 pm

The girl’s discomfort didn’t escape Sisara but for the time being she really couldn’t care less. Of course, she would sooner or later have to deal with her but Farius came first for now.
The information she was provided with wasn’t a lot to go by, and she snorted at the lightweight comment. They both knew that Farius was no lightweight, even if the girl had only met him that night.

“Ah.. Katharina, I presume,” Sisara murmured. She knew most of Farius’ typical haunts and the Rat was fairly close to the confectionery where they had bumped into each other, so it made sense. Plus there was that whole story with Katharina wanting to tame Farius and turn him into her pet, which everyone but Katharina seemed to know would never work.

A look crossed the girl’s face and Sisara was about to call her on it, but when she jumped up and asked for the bathroom, the guard pointed her in the right direction, using the time to turn her full attention back onto her friend, who still lay unmoving in bed. “What did you do?” she whispered to him as she gently put the damp cloth on his forehead and brushed a few strands of hair out of the way. It was a good thing he was unconscious because she was probably being far too worried and mushy for his liking. He hated it when she worried so much, but she couldn’t help herself. Plus, he gave her reason often enough to worry, probably more often than he was even aware of.

The sound of the girl stepping out of the bathroom wiped Sisara’s warm and almost tender expression of her face, leaving behind only worry and a slightly weary look. “You seemed to have some kind of suspicion. Please spill. You may call me Sisara, by the way,” she added as an afterthought. She hadn’t realised that they hadn’t even exchanged names, but there had been no time for such so-called pleasantries, and she wasn’t really interested either. It would merely facilitate matters if she had something to call the girl by.

Talia Idris
Citizen

Post by Talia Idris » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:24 pm

Talia sighed in relief as she completed her business, feeling a lot better. After washing her hands she splashed some water on her face and neck. Sighing at cool feel she did what she could to make herself look a bit more presentable and a little less like a silly tipsy girl before heading back out trying to prepare herself for any more questions or accusations.

She was a bit surprised at the slightly friendlier woman but wasn't going to argue the change in attitude. She slowly nodded a greeting before introducing herself speaking slowly to make sure that she didn't trip over her tongue that currently felt too awkward in her own mouth. "Nice to meet you.....I'm sorry we met under such...well unfortunate circumstances. I am Talia, um Idris."

Talia rubbed her head again. "I work with food you see so I know for certain that it's not food poisoning and he wasn't drunk when he met us and didn't drink enough while with us to make him so. But that doesn't mean someone didn't slip something into his drink or whatnot."

She sat down again and swallowed nervously, shaking her head. "Bah, why did this have to happen." She groaned to herself. "But I suppose it could have been worse." She couldn't help but shoot Farius a slightly suspicious look. Her fuzzy mind was starting to clear up and she was a little bit ashamed that she had been following such an obvious player around like some love-sick pup...with two other women moreover!

Sisara
Citizen

Post by Sisara » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 pm

When Talia introduced herself, Sisara nodded and listened to her reply. Alright, so the girl knew food and was certain it wasn’t food poisoning. The guard had come to the same conclusion and he’d definitely didn’t smell enough of alcohol for that to be the reason. Considering the amount he had been drinking in Talia’s presence, it definitely didn’t account for passing out, and Farius wasn’t one to drink like a madman in the middle of the day – not when he was planning on chasing after a skirt later in the day.

Sighing, Sisara got up from the bed and moved into the kitchen to brew some tea. The girl needed something to drink to clear her head and if Farius woke up soon, she’d force some of the tea down his throat as well. It’d do him good. For safety measures, she’d put a bowl next to the bed, just in case the tea hit a sensitive stomach the wrong way.

“Don’t worry. He has that effect on women,” Sisara stated as she saw the look on Talia’s face. The girl didn’t need to voice her thoughts for Sisara to be able to read the expression. She had seen it on quite a few women who had spent time with Farius. One fine day, it was really going to get him into trouble, trouble she wouldn’t be around to get him out of. But did he listen?

As soon as the water was boiling, Sisara threw some camomile tea into a couple of mugs, poured the water over it and set one of them down in front of Talia on her way back to the bed where she left the other one for Farius.

“I apologise for my rudeness earlier,” Sisara said after a moment of silence while she wet the cloth again. “I just don’t like things happening to people I care about.” Her expression grew gentler again as she looked at her best friend, repositioning the towel on his forehead.

Talia Idris
Citizen

Post by Talia Idris » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:18 am

"I suppose he does." She said dryly as she continued to shoot the unconscious Farius dirty looks when the mood stuck her. True part of it was her own fault, she really aught to know better then to drink, she never did have the tollerance for it and that hadn't changed.

"Apology accepted." Talia smiled as she willingly accepted the tea, blowing on it between small sips, trying not to burn her tongue. "I suppose I had been rude too, alcohol doesn't excuse my behavior, especially in the presence of a guard....well I suppose two guards." She looked doubtfully at Farius, uncertain if she was angry or just disappointed that he seemed to sully the honorable role of the guards.

"Is he your brother?" She asked. "I am sorry, I don't mean to pry." She said a bit embarrassed at her forwardness. Although it was clear that Sisara cared a lot about this man and she was curious as to why. Clearly they weren't lovers, and if they were it was certainly an unusual relationship.

Sisara
Citizen

Post by Sisara » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 am

Repeating the words Talia had used, Sisara said: “Apology accepted.” They had all behaved like idiots, truthfully. And she should not have acted the way she did, especially as a guard, never mind the fact that neither Farius nor her had been on duty. A guard was a guard, and that didn’t change in situations that required a cool head. She rarely lost her cool like that, but Farius...

“No, he isn’t my brother,” Sisara answered the girl’s question after a short moment of contemplation. It was none of her business, true, and she had said so herself, but it seemed as though they were stuck with each other for the time being – Sisara could hardly throw the girl out in her still rather drunken condition. She did not want to have a rape or a mugging on her conscience, especially not one she could easily prevent by keeping the girl safe inside.

“He’s a good friend of mine,” she explained as she got a blanket out from under the bed and spread it over Farius. When she sat down again on the edge of the bed, words continued pouring out of her on their own volition. “He saved my life once. A long time ago. But ever since that moment, we’ve been friends. Best friends, I guess.” Yes, that cut it better than ‘good friend’. After all, Farius was so much more than just a good friend. He felt like her brother, and that deserved a better definition. Then again, could their relationship really be defined in any kind of normal sense?

“I just couldn’t bear the thought of something happening to him. Not while I have any say in it.” Her hand had unconsciously been smoothing over the blanket, a gesture that was repeated over and over again in slow motions as if she hoped it would bring Farius back into consciousness.

Clearing her throat, Sisara stopped what she was doing and turned on her perch so that she was facing Talia. “So, tell me about the evening you’ve been having before this mess happened. How did you come across Farius? And who were those two girls who were with you?”

Talia Idris
Citizen

Post by Talia Idris » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:33 am

Once again the female guard surprised her. Talia didn't expect Sisara to be so open, she would have been less surprised if she had snapped at her again."He is lucky to have someone like you in his life." Talia said quietly. Over the past couple years she had managed to gain a few friends, but certainly none that could even rival the kind of loyalty and companionship those two had. She couldn't help but be a little jealous.

Talia rubbed her forehead with her free hand as she tried to remember how the whole evening had been started. "Well the smaller girl I met because I kind of helped her out of a sticky situation. A few guys were surrounding her and a sack of flour can be used in more then one way." Talia couldn't hide the smirk at the memory before continuing. "The other woman we sort of just ran into and she offered to take us out for a night on the town. She was bored or something I suppose." Talia shrugged, she never really understood that woman. She also maked sure she left out some parts, like stabbing someone with her small dagger. Probably would be a very good thing to tell someone like her that little tidbit.

"As for your friend there. We ran into him outside a jewelry store after an....incident and he offered us more entertainment. I am ashamed to say we were already fairly out of it. Probably what made us such perfect.....targets?" She couldn't quite find the words to explain but she assumed that Sisara would understand, from the sound of it this didn't seem to be such an uncommon occurrence, minus the passing out part.

Talia found herself staring at the two of them as she finished talking. She had had this strange feeling about the guard all night. As if she knew him from somewhere, although she had pushed it off as just recognizing him from seeing him on patrol or something. But that couldn't be it.

"Do either of you...does he shop at Bepa's Buns? The bakery?" Talia randomly blurted out. Perhaps it wasn't the wisest idea to tell Sisara where she lived and worked after all the trouble that she had gotten into but this was starting to bother her, like an annoying tickle or itch.

Sisara
Citizen

Post by Sisara » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 am

“Yeah, well...” Sisara waved off Talia’s comment about the friendship she could simply not put into words, suddenly feeling silly for having mentioned it. Then again, she didn’t often get a chance to really try and explain who Farius was to her and it felt oddly good to be able to put into words that he was the most important thing in the world to her. Even if she hadn’t said it quite like that. Not in front of one of his almost-conquests.

As she went over the story again, she couldn’t help but wonder if there had been a set-up somewhere in all of that but if so, it hadn’t been directed at Farius, thus, she decided not to bother with it. It was probably just her guard-brain seeing things where there was nothing to see. A bored girl who wanted to have a good time had invited other girls along because they had happened to stumble upon each other through a weird train of events. Nothing wrong with that.

“It d...” Sisara stopped mid-sentence when Talia suddenly blurted out a completely unrelated question. “Does he what?” Frowning, she looked at Farius and then back at the girl at her table. “Maybe? Not that I really know of. Why do you ask?”

Talia Idris
Citizen

Post by Talia Idris » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Talia put her mug down and rubbed her face with both her hands. "I just thought he seemed familiar." She sighed and picked up her mug again, taking a sip before resting her face in her hand. "I thought maybe he came into the bakery and that's how I knew him." She shrugged and went back to sipping her tea.

A million questioned rested on the tip of her tongue but Talia bit them back. She had already been rude enough to the lady and she didn't want to impose on Sisara anymore then she had already. And it was getting late. It would probably be best if she excused herself and headed home to get some sleep. She couldn't remember if she had the day off of work tomorrow or not but it probably would be safer to assumed she did have to work and perhaps some sleep would get rid of that pounding sensation in her head.

"Well thank-you for the tea. I probably should be heading home now. I hope your friend feels better soon." Standing up slowly so she didn't topple over, Talia walked over to shake hands with Sisara but ended up staring at Farius again, a hand hesitantly reaching out to tenderly brush a bit of his hair back. She jerked her hand away laughing a bit awkwardly when she realized what she was doing and how silly she probably looked.

Why had I do that? She wondered to herself as she turned back to Sisara. Talia offered a shaky smiled and held out her hand. "Sorry for my imposition, feel free to stop by the bakery anytime and I'll gladly return the favor with some bread or something nice and freshly baked."