Unexpected News

The region of Tian Xia (the Eastern empire).
Vicentius
Citizen
Name: Vicentius Morrington
Race: Human

Re: Unexpected News

Post by Vicentius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:20 pm

He had struck a chord there, and it showed in her eyes. She reached for his buttons, and after that everything seemed to blur together in a wondrous rush of motion. Perhaps it was the effect of the revelations they had both made, the release of that stress, or perhaps it was the combined exhaustion from travel, but the feel of her then, in that place, was a revelation to him. He was unable to keep his hands off of her, taking the time to explore her anew, even as he let her explore him. In the end, they lay tangled across one another, the sweat and aches from travel supplemented by a much sweeter set of aches. He would have liked nothing better than to lie there with her for hours, but they did have some social obligations to meet.

Still, he couldn't quite bring himself to disengage from her yet, and as he trailed his fingers over her bare flesh, his hand once again strayed downwards to rest protectively over her abdomen. It was a heady feeling, and he could barely begin to imagine how she was feeling about it. Kissing her brow, he adjusted his position as unobtrusively as possible, and snuggled closer against her.

"How are you feeling?"

Ivone
Citizen
Name: Ivone Malatrast

Post by Ivone » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Ivone smiled dotingly as Tius lay a proprietary hand over her belly. She adjusted easily to his movements, snuggling with him. Looking up, she lifted a hand to cup his cheek.

"In love with my husband."

There were so many other things she could have said, or she could have responded to his question in the way it was meant. But, that was true and she needed to say it it.

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:57 pm

He smiled, kissing her gently. She was more than warm to the touch, and the affection in her gaze, and it was affection, was humbling in its honesty. He still couldn't fathom that he'd voiced the same sentiment; it was such a foreign thought. He adjusted his grip and kissed her again.

"And I feel in love with my wife," he said, "and the mother of our child."

He chuckled at how...homey...it sounded, settling in beside her.

"But, are you enjoying your adventure?"

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:33 pm

"I am enjoying it immensely. Especially now that I know I am not dying of some horrible disease I contracted from eating goat-curd dumplings."

Ivone covered her mouth with her fingertips and tried not to think about that dish. Just thinking about it made her feel a little green.

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:58 am

He laughed, even though he should not have; after all, he made the same mistake. Sensing that her stomach was rebelling at the idea, he rubbed her belly gently, hoping to calm her.

"You ate them too?"

He cleared his throat, then started again.

"They do that to everyone," he said, "to see what you'll do. They feel it is funny. I fell for it on the way out, but not so much on the way back. Once bitten and all that."

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:49 pm

Ivone laughed with him.

"Yes." His gesture was sweet and endeared him to her further. "So, I gathered by the amusement of everyone in the room, but me. I did manage to keep it down and take the good natured ribbing. The latter was harder than the former, though." Ivone's eyes widened and she grinned. She wriggled a little, to rest her head in the hollow of his shoulder. Silence fell between them for several moments.

Ivone let her hand idly run the length of his chest and abdomen.

"This is a good look for you." A reminiscent line from their prior encounter and just as loaded. If she leered a little, would he forgive her?

"I am a fortunate woman."

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:16 pm

"No more fortunate than I," he said, "and while I hate to deny things to those I love, I will have to wash and clothe myself eventually."

He was looking forward to the former more than the latter, truth be told, and as Ivone caressed his torso, he continued his gentle massage of her stomach, not entirely convinced by her professions of comfort. If he were honest with himself, he was struggling to keep his hands off of her too, for fear that she , and all of this, would prove to be a wishful dream. It felt like a dream. But, here she was, in his arms, and here he was, in hers; it was real. And in less than a year... He stopped that line of thought, snuggling closer to her, and took a breath.

"Have you considered any names?"

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:37 pm

Ivone chuckled in acknowledgement. "We both do. A pity socializing and clothing is not optional." Her expression turned thoughtful.

"I have not. I am afraid to grow more attached than I already am for fear I may lose it. Do you have any names you'd like?"

She slid her hand along Tius' arm, until her hand rested on his, bringing it down to below her belly. Sometimes she felt flutters there; Proof of the life that lived within. She whispered, soft.

"I can feel it move even now. In a few months, you will, be able to as well."

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:55 pm

"I understand the fear," he said, kissing the top of her head, "it's too good to be true."

He chuckled, growing still as she moved his hand down once again, his hand roaming slightly to feel as much of her as possible. Even though he knew it was impossible at this stage, he still longed to feel the life there move as she did; to feel that what they had created was real. He berated himself for the thought before it had finished crossing his mind. That was not the only reason why he was here. and heady as the feeling was, he had to remember that she was what had drawn him in, not her ability to reproduce. He pondered her question, taking a breath.

"I was sort of hoping you had some ideas," he said, honestly, "Ticen for a boy, maybe, and... Bloom for a girl?"

He paused, thinking, then raised an eyebrow and looked at Ivone once again.

"Or, is that too cruel, do you think?"

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Ivone nodded. At the lower curve of her belly lay the scar that traveled from hip bone to hip bone. The scar was whitish-pink and raised slightly.

"It is." Ivone laughed.

"Ticen is a good strong name, but Bloom is mine. I won't share it. What about Laurentius or Iona." That doting, inward expression returned.

"I hope it's a boy."

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:52 am

"If you do not have to share Bloom," he chuckled, "then I not have to share Tius."

He let his fingers trail over the Scar, unable to process how such a small thing could have such a large impact on them.

"Theo, or Raemon maybe," he said, "I like Iona though."

He chuckled at her words, still caressing her abdomen.

"That would make things easier," he said, "but I will be happy with a healthy child, so long as I have you."

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:35 pm

"Theo Morrington," she mused. Tilting her head up, she smiled at Tius.

"Theo or Iona, it is." Ivone lifted her hand to Tius' face, drawing him down to hers for a kiss.

"Thank you, Tius."

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:25 pm

He kissed her deeply, smiling into the act, and turned, wrapping both arms around her securely. He knew it was unwise to grow attached to something that was little more than an idea at this point, but that did not make it any easier to do. Ivone would be an amazing mother, he had no doubt about that; she cared, deeply, beneath her exterior, but he was less certain about his own prospects as a father. He was determined to do his best, of course, but the spectre of Raemes lurked in the background of his thoughts. HE would not want his child to define themselves the way he and his siblings had. He broke he kiss, chuckling.

"Somehow," he said, "I don't think you'll be thanking me as much before this is over."

Glancing around at the, now quite cold, tray of tea, he kissed her again, and rose reluctantly, trailing a hand over her soft form and fighting the impulse to take her again then and there. No, they had some duties to perform, and the sooner that they faced them, the sooner all of this would begin to approach normal. Crossing to the tray, he took a mouthful of the tea, pleased that it was lukewarm and not quite cold, and offered a cup to Ivone, his gaze lingering over her the way hers had over him.

"We must wash and be good guests," he said, smiling, "no doubt there is more good natured ribbing in store for us both."+

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:32 am

Ivone happily let her self be wrapped up in Tius' arms. A stir of passion tickled. She wanted him. Near constantly it seemed. With Tian, her first husband, she'd been uncomfortable nearly the entire pregnancy. With Tius' child, though, she reveled in the fertility of her body. Perhaps that was the difference.

Ivone chuckled. "We'll see." Women liked to tell their war stories about birthing children. Ivone birthed her first child while unconscious. The subsequent surgery had been an attempt to repair damage done to her insides and the violet expulsion and impact. When Tius slipped from the bed, Ivone eyed him boldly and with a possessive eye.

Her husband.

She also lay wantonly among the covers, exposed and not, all at the same time. The look Tius gave her and the stir of his body was a reward. She smiled languidly at him as he passed her the tepid cup of tea. Taking a sip, her lips curled up in that coy, demure smile he knew well.

"I look forward to it."

And she did. Ivone would make sure that anyone who looked at Vincentius Morrington would know that his wife adored and doted on him, thought the world of him, would do as he bid without a cross word or glance, and desired him above all others. Ivone slid from the bed. Her body wasn't so ungainly pregnant yet that she couldn't move with grace. She embraced Tius from behind, hands drifting in ways better suited to when they had more time. She pressed a kiss against his back. The scars were part of him and just another reason for her to dislike Raemes.

"You mentioned something about bathing having a ritual? You'll have to teach me."

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:24 pm

“Oh, you do, do you?”

He raised an eyebrow at her boldness, aware that the way she luxuriated in her position was uniquely provocative, and in fact provoked a unique response from him. She saw it too, and it only seemed to encourage her further, fuelling that smile of hers as she sipped the tea. He turned to fetch gowns for them both, and she embraced him from behind, the motions of her hands causing his breath to hitch.

“Keep that up,” he said, almost groaning, “and we’ll never get there.”

Thankfully, the Tian Xian tradition of purity of body had translated into a greater appreciation for personal hygiene and bathing than was often the case in Marn and Eyropa. Washing away the cares of the day became synonymous with purifying one’s thoughts, and so expansive bath houses were not uncommon, and even the guest rooms of the Gardens had access to what Tius and Ivone’s contemporaries would have considered quite a luxurious bath, so that the family could relax privately in their own home. Thankfully, with the arrangements made, they would not need to share it for now, and Tius hoped to take full advantage of it.

“Well, there are two, really,” he said, “though one is simply an evolution of the other, and is only done at the hot springs.”

He pulled out the two sets of loose robes, handing one to Ivone and drawing one on himself, and opened the side door of the room, guiding her down the corridor to the baths. The room that met his eyes was little changed from what he remembered, but changed enough that he had to look twice for things. The steamy air was pleasantly scented in a way that he knew she would find interesting, with the floral scents of the bath salts mixing pleasantly with the lemon scent of the timbers, while the ceiling opened and gave a wonderful view of the sky. The bath itself was deep and welcoming, though he was not about to get in just yet. Gesturing to a low stool by the bath, he filled a bucket with the scented water and waited for Ivone to disrobe and take a seat, ready to help her if need be.