Recoup

Factories along the northern quarter of the city for the production of goods like cloth, brewed ale, and construction materials. An old water-wheel provides power for half the city.
Dorcas Tansy
Citizen
Name: Dorcas Tansy
Race: human

Re: Recoup

Post by Dorcas Tansy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:01 am

Udorl glanced over her shoulder to Chris and blinked once in a hackneyed motion of pretended innocence. She turned a smile on to Mydjeken, who was scowling again at Chrishton. Chrishton, who had the audacity to not even speak up. "Ooookay, then." Mydjeken grit his teeth through his annoyance.

Udorl reached her right hand towards Mydjeken, who took a hold of her elbow. He raised an eyebrow at Chrishton, his eyes still darkened in a scowl. He slid his hand up to her shoulder, bunching up the thin crepe of her tunic, while keeping his gaze on Chris.

"Why, aren't you going to stay, dear brother?" Udorl said with a soft giggle. "I think three can provide even more stimulating company than two." She pushed her hand past the balled up shirt Mydjeken held at his waist. He made a noise of warning from his throat and quickly pushed back on her shoulder, causing her to stumble back slightly into Chrishton. Mydjeken caught Chrishton's eye and couldn't help but grin at the ridiculousness of his sister-in-law's behavior. He was irritated with Chris for changing his plans, but a certain good nature is inevitably forged between any two men when an overeager woman propositions them both at once.

"No-oo-oo, no," he laughed. His barkeep's composure had triumphed over his adolescent frustration. "You two can have at this . . . getting to know each other . . . on your own." The boy nodded to Chris in a businesslike manner, but the toothy grin that split his very sparsely stubbled jaw gave away his attitude. He pulled Udorl towards himself and gave her a brotherly kiss on the cheek. With his left hand, he gave her a rather unbrotherly squeeze on the rear, crooking his fingers so they disappeared briefly into a valley of fabric pushed into the cleft of her thighs. He released her and pushed her gently into the room. She rolled her eyes giddily back at Chris and tottered over to gaze at her reflection in the mirror of a vanity on the opposite side of the fireplace as the bed.

Mydjeken held up his hand to stop Chris for just moment. "Give her a second," he said a little loudly. Lewdly, he sniffed the tips of his fingers and chuckled. He spoke a little more quietly next. "She's . . . a lot of fun," he said, his manner fraternal. "Do what she wants and--fuck, she'll make it worth your effort. And, ah, if you can't handle her . . . send her up to me." Mydjeken licked his fingertips. He took a step backward out of the room and rubbed the back of his neck as he gazed rather ruefully in at Udorl's backside, bent over the vanity as she was. "Oh, and do be careful--that's my nephew in there." He grinned again, turned, and walked away.

Udorl straightened and turned around to face Chris. She had applied more color to her lips, a wine-red stain. She placed her hands on her stomach, pressing the shapeless tunic into an unusual shape: her tummy was distended--not a great deal, but in such a position as to remove any doubt as to its nature. Udorl looked down at the shape of her stomach. "He kicked . . ." she murmured, sounding bored at the very notion. The pregnancy could not have been long into its second trimester, five months at the most.

Udorl shrugged almost imperceptibly and slid her hands around to her backside, where she pulled at some hidden buttons before shimmying the long woolen skirt off her hips. She stepped away from the dead garment on the floor and walked to the bed. The long, airy tunic just barely concealed her nakedness, and when she sat on the bed, she put her hands in her lap, pressing the garment between her thighs. "I must ask you to remove an item of clothing too, sir, or I'll feel terribly embarrassed to be so casual a hostess." The dubious gift-from-above tipped her chin downward to facilitate gazing through her dark eyelashes. She was eying Chris's unusual choice of clothing and biting her lower lip. The room was very warm and pleasantly free of basement dampness.

Meanwhile, in the front room, Dorcas stared at the curtain expectantly. Kamar didn't speak up for some time, but when he did, she took a moment to acknowledge his speech.

She looked at him as if she had been stirred from a daydream to answer a question in a particularly hated class. "Plans?" she repeated slowly, her eyes screwed into reluctant concentration. "Ehhh," she sighed.

Dorcas fidgeted with her mug. She bought herself time by testing the temperature of her drink with a slurp. "Well . . ." She brought herself back to her comfortable rhythm of insolence with a drawn out "l." "As far as plans go, I do believe he plans to make the lady of the house--" this was uttered with venom--"squeal like a sow. That should keep him occupied for some time, and I shall not attempt to hinder him at this." She gazed at Kamar levelly, though her upper lip twitched ever so slightly with mirth.

The teenaged girl gave a curt laugh and shook her head at him. "How d'ye think I'm s'posed t'have plans to . . . hinder or help ye if ye won't breathe one word about one, what ye're up to, and two, what's so 'llegal 'bout it?" She put her hands down on the table and sighed. "I don't care if it's illegal, ye know. So then how 'bout you tell me what your plans are an' I can give ye an estimate of whether I intend to bother?"

Kamar Deythal
Citizen
Name: Kamar Deythal
Race: Half-elf

Post by Kamar Deythal » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Kamar merely looked at the girl as she gave a short laugh, ignoring her mirth without even a tiny twitch of his lips. He waited for her to speak, and when she had finished, he nodded thoughtfully.

"Well, in you response, young one, you have answered my question. The less you know about what is happening, the safer you will be in the long run," he said, tapping a fingernail lightly on his wine glass for emphasis.

His eyes darted to the window, gauging the dying sunlight. It was full dark now, the time he liked best, and he had things he needed to take care of. Kamar was a creature who liked to keep his fingers to the life pulse of a city, even one as obviously corrupt as Marn. He needed to remain in touch, and had been out of touch for much too long now.

Kamar stood, smoothly pushing the chair back from the table as he offered a short bow to Dorcas. "Ye'll 'ave ta 'scuse me, missus. I mus' be off ta get me some sleep."

He paused looking down at her, losing the accent as it was almost just the two of them in the place. "I do, however, need to know where it is I'll be laying my head down, my dear." He offered Dorcas an exaggerated wink, though one obviously not sexual like anything as overt as what had passed between Chrishton and his new wench.
You’re gonna find out you’re already dead, and I was the world coming down on your head.

Chrishton Radu
Citizen
Name: Chrishton Radu
Race: kitsune

Post by Chrishton Radu » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:28 am

Chrishton stood there with his mouth shut and his eyes continuously studying the same nondescript corner where the wall met the ceiling as Mydjeken went on his little tirade, convincing Chris that he could be so entirely devoid of class or respect that even a brute like himself could be disgusted. The kid needed a lesson taught, bluntly and ruthlessly, but Chris was not going to cause a scene and disrupt the entire place with the sound of Mydjeken hitting things head first unless he had more of an excuse. So he stood and waited for the lad to push it too far, and was prepared at a moment's notice to grab his face and hammer the wall with his skull, but the moment never arose.

He did finally look at Myjdeken, just as he was about to walk away. He heard what he said, something about a nephew, but it didn't much register. His look and expression didn't change at first. He was going to throttle the snot out of him at the first good opportunity, and he was going to enjoy it tremendously. The mere thought of it brought a hint of a smile to his lips. It was a different Chrishton that was standing there then. An entirely serious, vengeful, and surprisingly quiet man.

Being manly was serious business when it came down to it.

He looked back to Udorl once Mydjeken was out of sight and there it was, perhaps one of the only things that could turn him off about a beautiful woman like her enough to make him pass on sex.

She was with child. But it was not this fact that repulsed him. Chrishton was a father (an absent father but a father) and had his own paternal appreciation for pregnant women. That detail wouldn't stop him from helping her to enjoy the night for an instant.

It was the look in her eyes, of complete lackluster disinterest at the thought of the baby kicking that repulsed him. The woman had no business raising a child, and something much more foul about her personality shone through that he couldn't see past at that moment. It was no place to raise a child and the kid was not going to have a great first few years. There was nothing wrong with being a bit of a nympho, but the whole situation there just became to rotten for him to keep a hard on.

His eyes followed the skirt as it dropped to the floor, and then looked back at her, suddenly filled with the same level of disinterest she had toward the kicking.

"Fuck, an' here I thought he was a dirtbag. I dun think there's a damn thing in hell ya could do ta look like a much worse hostess at this point."

He put a hand on the wall to ease the pressure on his foot, and turned around to make a hobbling exit.
You are confusing bets and marriages, Madam. One must always honour a bet.
- Valmont

Dorcas Tansy
Citizen

Post by Dorcas Tansy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 am

Udorl gave a girlish grunt as she rose from the bed. She cradled the soft swoop of her pregnant stomach with her left hand, pressing the fabric of her tunic against the lower side of the convex curve. She walked back to the doorway in a series of sashaying steps that got her to her destination surprisingly quickly.

Her stomach was nowhere near big enough to obscure the view of her pubis now afforded with her tunic lifted. Even the triangle of dark auburn hair seemed to glow radiantly in the firelight. She paused just behind Chris in the doorway and moved her right hand down to palpate her dark triangle. "Oohh," she murmured, amusement in her tone. Whether she was amused by her own hand or Chris's behavior was not clear.

"Forgive me for being a poor hostess," she sighed. She reached for Chris with her left hand and placed her soft grip on his sleeve. She curled her fingers against him and sighed once more. "I didn't even bother to properly make introductions." The heat from the room radiated around her and wafted forth the aroma of tea and sweat.

At the opposite end of the hallway, Mydjeken looked back from the foot of the stairs and clenched his jaw at the sight of Udorl naked from the waist down. His eyes followed as Udorl slid her right hand up from her vulva and along the curve of her stomach, pushing the fabric right up past the bump of her navel. Mydjeken gave a short cough into his fist and turned away, paused with one foot on the bottom stair.

Udorl stepped forward to brush against Chris's side with her tummy. She chuckled through closed lips and shook her hair once so it fanned out over her shoulders before settling down her back. Her breasts remained unexposed, but she was displaying herself from the sternum down, the fingers of her right hand playing with the soft olive skin of her midriff. "Yoo-dorl," she whispered up up at Chris. "May I apologize for not introducing you earlier to my son, who will be born at the end of next season."

The time for playing demurely was up; it was beyond obvious what Udorl was after, and yet she still stood before Chris poised and smiling with sultry sweetness, her thighs, pubis, and swollen stomach bared. She pulled gently on his sleeve as if to urge him back into her room.

Dorcas Tansy
Citizen

Post by Dorcas Tansy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Dorcas was nearly distracted with her continuous glances over to the curtain at the back of the room. She was expecting someone to reappear.

She did, however, look at Kamar and give him a look of bored exasperation when he tried the accent on her again. He cut that out, and her good nature was almost piqued, to the point that she actually stood and raised her eyebrows in an expression that was not unfriendly.

"Ye'll have a room upstairs," she said as airily as she could pull off. "Unless ye're goin' to try and get in on the fun downstairs." Dorcas laughed quickly as if to dismiss this notion before it could be given consideration. She strode to the back of the room, her heavy soles rattling the floorboards, and then pulled the curtain to the left to reveal the staircase on the right.

"Go up to the top, turn right, and it's the first room on yer right. Just off the parlor. The girls're up there an' ye c'n take one if she'll have it. Not the second room, that's Kenny's. If ye need t'wash, I'll get ye hot water, and please be confinin' yer mess to yer own space." Dorcas finished her list of instructions and looked up the dim staircase. From the landing, a soft yellow light filtered down, and the gabbling and laughter of a few women could be heard from an unseen spot around a corner.

Kamar Deythal
Citizen
Name: Kamar Deythal
Race: Half-elf

Post by Kamar Deythal » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 am

Kamar followed Dorcas as she swept aside the curtain. He gave her another mocking bow and a half-smirk, and turned to walk up the stairs. His cloak flared as he turned and took the stairs two at a time, making barely a sound. Even the stairs didn't creak, since Kamar kept to the extreme right hand side of the stairs, where the nails were more secure and the boards were better supported.

He quickly reached the door to his room and opened it. He glanced around quickly, dismissing the room out of hand. No one would be staying here anyways.

Stepping in, Kamar closed the door behind him and locked it. He strode across the room, checking the window. He reached down and grabbed the handle, lifting it slowly. The wood, warped from the rain the evening before, made a faint screech as it moved less than an inch. Kamar paused, listening for any noise, but could only hear the faint laughing of the girls Dorcas had mentioned. With a whispered word, and a wave towards the window, Kamar went back to opening the window. Thanks to the spell, the portal now opened silently, and Kamar was soon crouched in the sill over the dingy back yard.

With practiced ease, Kamar drew his rope and grapnel from its pouch, and gave it an easy flick. It caught on top of the roof, and Kamar carefully put his weight on the rope to test it before starting up. He hung from the rope by one hand, his feet clamped together to help keep him in place. Reaching across the short space, he managed to lower the window back down until it was fully closed. Then he climbed nimbly to the rooftop and crawled on to the roof. Quickly unhooking the grapnel, Kamar swiftly recoiled it and slipped it back into it's pouch. With a last glance into the backyard behind the building and the streets in front of it, Kamar darted across the roof and into the darkness of the night.

He had certain things to attend to.
You’re gonna find out you’re already dead, and I was the world coming down on your head.

Chrishton Radu
Citizen

Post by Chrishton Radu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:13 am

Chrishton stopped when Udorl held his arm. He was not good at casually ignoring a woman's request, be it for sex or otherwise. Mydjeken and her had succeeded in deflating his libido until he no longer felt any drive to bed the woman. She was still attractive, and he was still Chrishton - male slut extraordinaire and layer of women everywhere. As much so in his late 40's as when he was younger.

But Chrishton's experience also meant that he had had women like Udorl before and he did not feel any particular desperation to have her now. For a one night stand, he preferred to find someone with a clean slate, who did not have a rather foul bother in-law beating off in Chrishton's way and generally walking around glaring and making Chrishton want to rearrange his face... As Mydjeken was doing right then and there.

It was already too complicated and the waters were too muddy for his liking. There were choice women throughout the place who could give Chrishton a care-free night of fornication with none of whatever the hell Udorl was selling on the side. It was too late for her to fulfill his otherwise simple desires.

"Udorl," he had no trouble pronouncing her name, "I wish ya an' yer son all th'best, but if I'da known 'bout this shit upstairs I'da said no on th'spot."

He looked her in the eyes and his seniority shone through. He was nearly twice her age, and was being brutally honest. "I ain't interested. Find yer husband."

With that he shook her off and walked away, in Mydjeken's direction.
- Valmont

Dorcas Tansy
Citizen

Post by Dorcas Tansy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 am

In the doorway to the warm bedroom, Udorl sighed once more; she was like a fleshy, gentle bellows of perpetual sighs. With this exhale, she acknowledged Chris's refusal of her charms. She leaned back against the door frame and rolled her shoulder blades back, tipping her head up and squinting at the ceiling. She scratched a less metaphorical itch there on the door frame. With her hands clasped onto the fabric of her tunic, she placed her fist under her chin and watched Chris's back thoughtfully. The bottom swell of her breasts threatened to fall past the superfluous cover of the garment bunched up to her sternum; no modesty would be lost.

"I am not going to go find anyone," she said after Chris, a hint of flirtation even still lingering in her lowered voice. "You will know where to find me."

Mydjeken had been paused on the stairs to see the backlit figure of Dorcas pull the curtain momentarily for Kamar's passage. The quick, silent shadow of Kamar passed above, and then the curtain was closed again. When Mydjeken looked back over his shoulder, his expression was softened into that of faint adoration with which he regarded Dorcas. He saw Chrishton coming his way, though, and his eyebrows rose in surprise, perhaps almost panic.

"What--did she say--" Mydjeken stammered hastily as Chrishton approached--"It's not mine." He backed up a step on the stairs and gave a quick glance to the closed curtain above. "It isn't mine, okay? So go to her!" He backed up another step, nostrils flared. The boy spread his arms for a moment as if he wished to block Chris's passage up the stairs, but then he pulled his hands back in to point in Udorl's direction. "Just--do it! See to her!" he hissed as he took another step backwards and up the stairs. "Leave her alone." Mydjeken rolled his gaze back up to the curtain, and it was apparent he was indicating Dorcas, not Udorl. "Go to my sister, and leave her alone," he said finally, plainly. His shoulders were shaking slightly.

Chrishton Radu
Citizen

Post by Chrishton Radu » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:50 am

Udorl left him with some promises he ignored with a shake of his head. It was nice to hear the words from a beautiful girl, but he thought highly enough of himself not to be very surprised. It came off like begging and wasn't going to work.

Chrishton was not angry when he approached Mydjeken. Anger was just not an emotion that came easily to him. Violence, as a distinct and separate thing from anger, did however come on a whim and Mydjeken was already walking on the very thin line separated Chrishton's relative civility from barbarism. He wanted to beat the boy up for spoiling his mood earlier, but was not pushed far enough to do so.

Mydjeken played some strange games which were confusing at first. He insisted on some defenses regarding the child's origins, which Chris didn't much care about. It was a pathetic display, with Mydjeken starting off yammering, briefly blocking Chrishton's path, and then apparently reconsidering that option. It was like he was afraid of Chris, which was good, because it discouraged Chrishton from getting rougher to prove a point.

"Go to my sister, and leave her alone"

His apparent fear saved him from a full blown beating, but the asinine little twerp was too late with the caution. Chrishton swung a strong hand up to slap onto the side of Mydjeken's face and continued with the motion to carry him into the wall of the stairway. His movement was graceful and swift, despite his size, and aimed with the precision of experience. It took more effort not to cause serious injury when his face smacked the wall than it did to put him there in the first place.

He held the younger man's cheek where it was with enough force to make it hurt, and didn't budge an inch. His thumb pressed up just under Mydjeken's eye. Facing the young man, he leaned in so that they were looking eye to eye.

"I dun't like yeew," he almost pronounced the word 'you' properly, "'n I dunno what yer goin' on about. But if ya get'n m'way again, I'm gonna break yer nose. Got that?"
- Valmont

Dorcas Tansy
Citizen

Post by Dorcas Tansy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:29 am

Mydjeken hardly had time to react, but reflexively, he made a move that, while hardly impressive, was probably the best to his advantage he could make. Sensing imminent acquaintance with the wall, he had thrown his palms toward the packed earth and made initial impact at breastbone level with his hands. This cushioned the impact of his face ever so slightly, and possibly prevented the fracturing of a cheekbone. He gave an anguished grunt as one side of his face was pressed into the hard dirt and his opposite cheek was manhandled by Chris.

At the end of the hallway, Udorl reacted with surprise. She dropped the hem of her tunic again and immediately traipsed over to the foot of the stairs. Her face was a picture of innocent bafflement, with her darkly stained lips poked out in an 'o,' her eyebrows arched, and her eyes pooled with white. For a moment the only movement was the residual sway of her breasts, and as that slowed, she gently tipped her head to the side. Her bafflement softened into the less geometric expression of confusion.

As Chris lectured Mydjeken, the adolescent lifted his upper lip in a sneer. His throat rumbled with a very male roar of frustration that was muffled when the taste of dirt discouraged him. The only eye that could see anything but wall was being squeezed into having a very limited field of view. He appeared to eye Chris levelly as he spoke, though, without any visible sign of an outburst building. Mydjeken continued to breathe in heavy huffs through his nose, but his breaths slowed slightly over a few moments.

Udorl's gaze shifted slowly between the older man and the younger and a smile tinged her pout as it became evident the imminence of real damage was gone.

Mydjeken waited a few moments after Chrishton finished speaking. The boy had been subdued, as either of them would be aware. Mydjeken took the natural next step of twisting his face towards the wall, beneath Chris's slightly loosened grip, and ducking out of the hold. If there were any chance he'd have fought back at that point, he knew he wouldn't have been given opportunity to loose himself. With one side of his face smudged with earth, Mydjeken stared at Chrishton from below a scowling brow. Ducking out of the hold had put him below Chris on the stairs.

He balled his hands into fists and averted his gaze from Chris to look down at the meager weapons. He spoke through clenched teeth. "I . . . will not get in your way in your pursuit of what--pleases you." With the last words, he caught Chris's eye again and flicked his gaze to its periphery where it could almost catch Udorl. She was smiling coquettishly at Chris and did not appear fazed at all by Mydjeken's small beating.

Mydjeken closed his eyes and spoke again, almost under his breath. "But you will have to break more than my nose to get to Dor."

Above, the oblivious scuffle of Dorcas's boots through the front room could be heard from beyond the curtain.

Chrishton Radu
Citizen

Post by Chrishton Radu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:03 am

"Hah!" Chrishton's customarily booming voice was enough to reach Dorcas anywhere in the house.

Rather a forceful, sarcastic laugh, it was spattered with his ever present tincture of insanity. When he realized what Mydjeken was talking about, it was comical to him. The man could snap at any moment, and did not care what Dorcas heard. Rather than reassure Mydjeken, he decided to play along and see where it would go.

"I come down'ere'n find ya beatin' off ta this whore, 'n yer fuckin' tellin' me I'm s'posed ta stay away from Dorcas'? Cause'a what? Ya don't want sloppy seconds?"

He leaned forward and placed his chin easily within striking distance of the younger man without any intention of moving if an attack should come his way. It was a dare. His personal confidence was overbearing.

"I happen ta like Dorcas. An' I'm thinkin' now yer the one should keep yer hands ta one fuckin' woman at a time ya noble little shit fer brains."
- Valmont

Dorcas Tansy
Citizen

Post by Dorcas Tansy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:44 am

Chris's words boomed over Mydkejen's head, dampened by the earthen walls. Udorl rolled sloe eyes upward and giggled, as if the disparagement had nothing to do with her. She ran her palms from the collar of her tunic downward, smoothing the material against her torso, all the while batting her eyes slowly at Chrishton. She parted her lips and seemed to lean forward on her toes in anticipation of his next move.

" . . .yer the one should keep yer hands ta one fuckin' woman at a time ya noble little shit fer brains."

With the impact of Chris's words, Mydjeken's head jerked to the side and he shut his eyes, his lips visibly twisting with unspoken words of anger. He exhaled harshly and looked back at Christon, cringing to see his face so close. Mydjeken scooted his foot back on the stair as if to step backwards, but to do so would give Chris even more ground on him. He shifted sideways on the stair instead, putting only a few more inches laterally between himself and the bigger man.

Mydjeken rubbed the sore side of his face with the heel of his hand. He dropped his jaw slightly and wiggled it side to side, testing for injury. Finally, he lifted his hand to sweep his hair from his forehead. Tinged with sweat, the shock of black stood almost straight up from his paled face.

"I . . ." he faltered and sighed, a heavy groan from the bottom of his lungs. " . . . I hand you the fittest screw in the city. No problem. Fucking--hospitality. I thought we were clear from the start about one thing--Dorcas is hands-off." Mydjeken closed his eyes and held his palms up toward Chris as he said this last part.

Mydjeken's words were quiet; only Chris's booming voice could have been heard from the front room. While Mydjeken was speaking, the sound of Dorcas's steps had changed. There was only a slow, rhythmic creak of floorboards during his soliloquy, which ended with a final loud creak at the landing of the stairs above. The curtain pulled open and Dorcas's face appeared above, backlit. Her expression was of worry; she had been drawn by Chris's loud outburst that was followed by quiet.

"Wot's . . . goin' on?" she called down the stairs, her hoarse voice carrying over the heads of Chrishton, Mydjeken, and Udorl, in turn.

Chrishton Radu
Citizen

Post by Chrishton Radu » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:50 am

Chrishton narrowed his eyes dangerously and listened, not budging from his position. He let Mydjeken back away and did not look as though he was going to give in to another violent outburst, although with a man like him it was impossible to be sure. He was studying the young man, and trying to figure out what could be going on in his head if he thought he could claim Dorcas while sleeping around. He was not genuinely upset. Even his annoyance was starting to wear off, though he kept up the facade and wore it as naturally as a pair of old pants.

The young man was being immature, that much he knew. He was vulgar in ways Chrishton might also be, but he hadn't earned the right and was unable to back up his attitude with action. Hell, he wasn't even going to try to back it up because the match was so uneven.

" . . . I hand you the fittest screw in the city. No problem. Fucking--hospitality. I thought we were clear from the start about one thing--Dorcas is hands-off."

"Ya didna hand me nothin', boy."

Chrishton got the words in before Dorcas arrived, speaking a little quieter so it would be hard for her to hear clearly. There was a little time for them to sink in.

"Wot's . . . goin' on?"

The burly man smiled and straightened up, still looking Mydjeken in the eyes and full of challenge. One hand braced against the wall to ease the pressure on his foot. There were little streaks of blood around the floor at the foot of the stairs, but it was difficult to see in the lighting.

"Nothin', girly. The company down 'ere's gone sour is all.'

Udorl might as well not have been there.
- Valmont

Dorcas Tansy
Citizen

Post by Dorcas Tansy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:44 am

Bits of Dorcas's uncombed hair rose about the crown of her head in flossy tangles that glowed in the light shining from the front room behind her. The dim light left shadows in the hollows under her high cheekbones, and her brow furrowed with the effort of trying to make out what she was looking on. The effect of the light and her broad-shouldered stature combined to accentuate her Norse heritage. Standing above the three in long blue dress, Dorcas was the image of an unlikely Valkyrie.

Her North English speech arrested the illusion. "I could'a towld ye that it orlready was rotten, but ye had t'have a taste for yourself," she said sourly in response to Chris's comment. She couldn't hide, however, the small note of pleased airiness that rose at the end of her speech.

Mydjeken nearly stumbled back when Dorcas appeared. It could have been either the effect of Chris's words--
"Ya didna hand me nothin', boy."
--or being caught in a compromising situation by the girl that threw off his balance. The two youths shared a look over Chrishton's large form.

Mydjeken made as if to step up to her. He moved forward with a brief ducking of his head, as if to squeeze by Chris, but he stopped short and straightened up. He cleared his throat and gave Chris a tight, unfriendly smile. "'Scuse me now. You're in my way," he said. Apparently his machismo was piqued now in the presence of a girl he actually cared about impressing.

At the same time as Mydjeken was speaking, Dorcas covered the few steps down to bring her one step away from Chris. Her expression was dull and she wouldn't meet Mydjeken's eye again.

"Don't!--go near him . . ." warned Mydjeken. His tone bordered on panic, and he glanced quickly from Chris to Dorcas.

Chrishton Radu
Citizen

Post by Chrishton Radu » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:56 am

Chrishton gave Dorcas a sardonic nod in admittance that yes, indeed, she did essentially warn him about the people here. That much he had picked up on and still ignored in favor of following where his gonads took him. Now, because of his carelessness he had to go looking elsewhere... And his foot still hurt, and was still bleeding.

Mydjeken started trying to get past Chrishton, and suddenly the boy was also getting on his nerves once more. He wasn't going to let himself be pushed aside. Surely Mydjeken knew that, so why he would presume to even ask Chrishton to move was a mystery.

He wanted to elbow him in the face, break his nose in the process, and then leave to make a point... But Dorcas was now there, and as brazen and seemingly psychotic as Chrishton behaved, he knew better than to go beating up the hostess' friends right in front of her.

"Boy thinks he can tell me where to go." He said to Dorcas with a subtle wink. "I think 'e should let us do whatever we want, 'n keep his hands ta one woman."
- Valmont