Pretana Fae group discussion

For broader discussion between groups that may cover multiple plots.
Ximeno
Outsider
Name: Ximeno
Race: Human

Pretana Fae group discussion

Post by Ximeno » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Setting info - http://www.tharshaddin.com/wiki/Fairy#Pretana_Fae

A few of us are starting to get excited about the idea of kicking off into some kind of RP regarding the Pretana Fae.

I'm creating this group discussion for folks to brainstorm ideas and post them

Ximeno
Outsider
Name: Ximeno
Race: Human

Re: Pretana Fae group discussion

Post by Ximeno » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Personally, I'm all about the Unseelie. I'm a fan of Powries/Redcaps

My random character notes thus far:

===Donnchadh Brùideil the Powrie and his bonsai dryad partner====

(14:06:23) (AFK_Housework_James): And then you have trees carving up humans in revenge for all felled trees over the course of history
(14:07:09) (AFK_Housework_James): Oh fuck yes. A crazed bonsai dryad living in a house of bones and flesh

-

(02:21:01) Ximeno: Maybe I'll make the Dryad the Powrie's partner

"I'm home, darlin'. Brought yer sumfin' special-like." Donnchadh Brùideil tossed a damp hempen sack onto the rough bone planking of the kitchen table.

His partner hissed in delight as the scent of fresh blood wafted from the sack. The tiny dryad's jagged thorn talons tore into the hessian to remove her prize: the head of the travelling tinker Donnchadh had waylaid to restore the blood dye of his cap and ensure another year of life. The sound of skin being shredded from bone assured the powrie he was home at last.
--

(21:28:52) Ximeno: Powries are the best
(21:29:50) Ximeno: I've already got a basic idea of the Thar-centric rationale for the red-cap schtick
(21:30:02) Katona: Oh?
(21:31:08) Ximeno: Aye. So the redcaps aren't particularly well adpated to the material plane. The only way they've found to revitalise the astral essence of their fae nature is the old ritual of keeping their cap red with the blood of humans
(21:31:31) Ximeno: They have to do it at least once a year. More often if they want to use their fae abilities regularly
(21:32:35) Ximeno: As a result, they tend to be few in number and rarely live as centralised communities to ensure they don't over-hunt an area and bring down mobs upon themselves

==============================

--Current challenges--
(23:28:44) Ximeno: Well, I'm thinking Donnchadh Brùideil will be the main Pretana Fae character I'd use for interacting with RPs.
Where I'm drawing a blank is what kind of RP I'd want him in
(23:31:14) Niamh: That's where I'm drawing a blank too, really.
(23:32:02) Ximeno: Part of that, though, is we don't have a lot of info about the day-to-day of the Pretana setting
(23:33:08) Katona: All the humans do is fish and be uneducated.
(23:33:15) Katona: Afaik.
(23:33:33) Niamh: True. And I don't really know what's been thought of other than what's in the setting info, which isn't much.