Marn Rebellion Metathread

For broader discussion between groups that may cover multiple plots.
Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett
Race: Human

Re: Rebellion

Post by Saruna » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 am

Alrighty, so maybe because Tamaya is new to Marn she gets in a tussle and requires healing? If we want to go about this the quick and dirty way, we could have her and Cathal meet up somehow, a guard witness Tamaya's shifter magic (somehow?) and hussle them to the justice hall for registration, where a higher-ish level official sees them and concoct a way to use them (poor naive souls that they are) as sorta-spies. Or something. They could be offered money for the job, or some other compensation. Or some other job that, once they've settled in a bit, leads to involvement against the rebellion (or it could simply secure their loyalty and they decide to fight on their own).
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.

Cathal
Outsider
Name: Cathal
Race: Half-Elf

Post by Cathal » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:36 am

This sounds perfect! Tamaya and I talked, and we got that first part sorted out, I think. We'll have the thread up and running soon. Would you or someone else be willing to NPC the government officials for us?
Cathal - Half-Elf

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:55 am

Let me do some checking to see if there's a character available, and if not I'd be more than happy to.

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Fri May 04, 2012 1:56 am

Major update of the first posts!

Tamaya and Cattle -- I haven't gotten any nibbles for government officials, so I can play the part needed unless someone steps up. What we're going to need is for them to do something that makes the guard suspicious of them or is outright cause to bring them in to the justice hall. Any ideas?

Tamaya Ayashe
Outsider
Name: Tamaya Ayashe
Race: shapeshifter

Post by Tamaya Ayashe » Fri May 04, 2012 11:57 am

Tam shifted from bear to human fairly close to the city gates, so it maybe she was spotted by a guard or a government snitch? They could then storm in to Cathal's home, or something. :twisted:

On a side note, my computer has been having issues with the new server, so if I fail to post, it's not because I've quit but because I've been overrun by 404's.

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Fri May 04, 2012 3:52 pm

In firefox go to tools > clear recent history. Doing so should make sure you're on the new server and not the copy of the old one.

Tamaya Ayashe
Outsider

Post by Tamaya Ayashe » Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Way ahead of you. ;) It's getting better, though. Haven't had a disconnect for hours.

Cathal
Outsider
Name: Cathal
Race: Half-Elf

Post by Cathal » Sun May 06, 2012 1:53 am

Saruna, if you're going to NPC the guards or whatever, I think that you can come in pretty much whenever now. They just got settled in Cathal's house, so if anybody was like watching/following them, now's probably the time that they would bust in.
Cathal - Half-Elf

Tamaya Ayashe
Outsider

Post by Tamaya Ayashe » Sun May 06, 2012 9:24 am

I concur.

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Wed May 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Alrighty, I'll get a post going today.

Navarre
Citizen
Name: Navarre
Race: Elf

Post by Navarre » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:04 am

Not entirely certain how the Rebellion plot is progressing, but Navarre is free for threads once again. Peppercorn had to leave, so our part of the plot was cut short, and it seem she won't be around for the quick conclusion as we'd originally planned.
Avatar art belongs to Deviantart's Zippora.
Navarre is THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS CEILING FAN!

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:10 pm

We're at one of those crossroads in the plot, I think, where we've had enough people leave that we can more directly manipulate where we want things to go.

Here's the current stage:

*We've established that Paragon (or someone behind the Paragon) is, somehow, orchestrating the whole thing for another less righteous purpose.

*In that vein, the Paragon is not adverse to manipulating people into doing its work (as we've seen with Egg in Tough Luck and Breda in . . .whatever that thread was called).

*The government is not yet overly worried about the rumblings in the street.

- Egg, Rue and ONE OF FRUG'S CHARACTERS WHOM HE HAS NOT YET REWORKED, FRUG are currently working towards breaking people out of the Justice Hall.

- Anther and Talion have been taken from the Justice Hall in order to infiltrate Paragon under the watchful eye of a minor official.

- Kori has been broken spiritually, and though he is supposed to spy on those who would harm the government, he has declared himself neutral (I'm not sure what Kori-the-player's plans are, but there's a lot of room there for character and plot development).

- Fayane, Jerial and Saruna are dedicated towards breaking the government's back. Breda is less sure about her plans, but she has ties to Fayane. Saruna plans on getting into Paragon, maybe through Breda. Tanobi is an outlier, who could eit her be friend or enemy. . .or neutral.

- Navarre is a powerful ally of the government who has the capability of swaying the masses towards her tune.

- Ryxa is a powerful ally of the government, who has no qualms about doing anything to get her way.

- Tamaya is new to the city, and a shifter. She might be swayed to the government, but at what cost to herself?

- Tasza is a guardsman who is extremely devoted to the Captain and his city. He will do anything to keep it in one piece.

- Metarie and Guile are both for the government, but while Metarie wants to keep the peace, Guile wants more power.

So, we want to place people where they can effect plot and character development, and conflict. So here's some what ifs:

What if Melagone's ravaged body is found within the forest by some mix of the HLHW thread characters?

What if Ryxa is sent to collect Kori after news of his doing nothing becomes a concern, or he or another character is blamed for Melagone's death?

What if Navarre happens upon Tamaya/Metarie/Guile/Tasza in the hospital, and decides to use them as her puppets, and begins to infiltrate the government?

What if Egg/Rue/FRUGS CHARACTER succeed in creating enough of a scene to cause a Navarre-inspired government to crack down, implementing some form of checkpoint/curfew? What if gnomes, as a result, get rounded up?

What if, maybe, in the backlash from that Anther/Talion infiltrate one of the Paragon cells and there are public executions?

What if Ryxa, hopped up on sadism, maybe goes a little murder happy because of it?

What if, in the wake of that, Saruna/Fay/Jerial/Tanobi/Breda/Kori discover the web of lies behind the Paragon, and that if the Paragon succeeds the city is doomed?

What if, maybe, Rutenchioth or some other yet unnamed character behind Paragon really just wants to wake up the power beneath Marn to pierce a hole through to the Astral Plane, without realizing (or not caring) that the city will be destroyed in the process?

What if Bela has a showdown with said character (I really don't care who plays it -- must be admin approved -- or who makes it, I just want an awesome counter), with all the other characters struggling to survive (Ryxa hunting some, Navarre enslaving others, fighting in the streets etc)?

Thoughts?

Metarie
Staff
Name: Metarie
Race: Elf

Post by Metarie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:23 am

Sounds interesting. Especially that FRUG CHARACTER yet to be named
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Profile | Thread Tracking

Fayane
Citizen
Name: Fayane
Race: Shapeshifter

Post by Fayane » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:28 pm

eee! Sounds exciting! Goes from Rebelion involving 2 different groups of people to a possible collaboration to save the town the people love/hate? Actually it feels like something that almost needs to happen :3

Suggestion on some of the earlier what-if's if we're to tread down that path. Fay, Jerial, Breda and Saruna (maybe Ran as well?) can head back to Marn - Saruna has business, Fay's looking after Breda, Breda just wants to get home, and Jerial's following because of Fay. They stumble upon a dead Mela and send someone to warn Kori? -shrugs- Might make the character wary enough to "join" even if only partially, Saruna's cause.

Fay also (should the need arise) could have the ability to act as a double agent. The government would love an assassin, and Saruna could use the info that Fay could pass on? Just as a suggestion of course. Kaleb (my spirit medium) can also join either side, so I will actually leave that decision up to you Kat.

Think that's it for my suggestions at the moment... X.x
The time has come my friends, to sharpen our blades and wit, and to allow the ice of our fore-fathers to run through our veins. The time has come, my friends, for war.

KoriStronghammer
Citizen
Name: Kori Stronghammer
Race: HumanNorthernman

Post by KoriStronghammer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm fine with any way we work this, but I do warn you Kori is going to surprise you. And I'm keeping what is going on with him as secret as possible for now.
Through the gates of hell, as we make our way to heaven, through enemy lines, Primo Victoria!