Out with the Old

A busy strip along the center of marn, including the Temple, Hospital, and Justice Hall.
Ivone
Citizen
Name: Ivone Malatrast
Race: Human

Re: Out with the Old

Post by Ivone » Wed May 04, 2016 11:07 am

Ivone moved her fingers along either side of Tius' spine like a pianist running scales, practiced and sure. Tius couldn't have been more wrong in that moment, assuming her discomfort. A small sound escaped her, a laugh perhaps, through her nose. What kind of man would it make him, she wondered.

"How unfortunate, then, that I am exactly the kind of woman who finds that very attractive." Ivone stayed leaning forward, though her hands had moved to knead the muscles just above his backside on his lower back. Her smile was wry and self-aware. She shook her head. They were so much alike, but so very, very different.

"I have the luxury of not being the scion of the Descendant family of Marn, Tius. In moments like these, I can allow myself to be ... I can be present, because what is in my head has included moments like this." Not all the time, of course, but sometimes.

Ivone blinked, regarding Tius. She leaned back, hands sliding back up Tius' back and up to cradle his head. Ivone exerted the slightest bit of pressure, encouraging Tius to lean back against the ottoman and rest his head between her legs. Her fingers delved into his hair, moving across his scalp to massage and scratch.

She studied his face, cradled it in her hands.

"Tell me, Tius. What kind of man is it that you are trying not to be?"

Vicentius
Citizen
Name: Vicentius Morrington

Post by Vicentius » Thu May 05, 2016 9:21 am

Her hands were deft and sure, and he chuckled, low in his throat, as she moved him this way and that, her hands roaming in that familiar fashion, as though she was trying to touch as much of him as possible, to feel as much of him as possible. She was a tactile creature, after all, and she was definitely enjoying this. Shifting slightly for a more comfortable position, he looked up at her and wondered how to respond to her question.

"The Scion of The Descendant family of Marn," he said, watching her face as she worked.

It was always fascinating to see people when they concentrated, he felt; the emotions of the day seemed to melt away in the joy of effort and it was as though their thought processes could be read in their every motion. From one action flows the next, solve the problem, find the knot, finish, and repeat. He resisted the urge to shrug, or to make a joke.

"The kind of person who only takes," he said, "because I have seen what that does."

His voice grew quieter, yet firmer.

"Because I have to believe that we can be better than that."

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Thu May 05, 2016 11:05 am

Ivone pressed a kiss to Tius' forehead before using her thumbs to smooth gently across the line just above his brows. He furrowed his brow when he was in thought, concentrating deeply. She'd seen him. He leaned over his desk, shoulders slightly lifted, papers in one hand, pen in the other, brows knit tightly.

"Always striving to do the right thing..." She murmured, as if in thought.

Ivone leaned a little more. Her chest pressed against the top of his head as she ran the palms of her hands from his shoulders down his biceps. She shifted slightly, angling her body and lifted his right forearm. Her fingers dug in the muscles there, working down to his hand. She pressed a kiss against his knuckles before kneading the flesh of his palm with her fingers.

"Is this taking, I wonder? I am doing this because I want to, and you are letting me. Does that make me a taker, Tius?" She did not look at his face, but studiously attended her task.

Ivone had only taken one sip of her drink. She had considered having more, but realized that alcohol would cloud these moments and she did not want that to be a "reason" for her actions. She did not want to have the luxury of making excuses later. They could, of course. She could apologize and say hot whiskey always went straight to her head, but they would both know it would be a convenient lie. That could be saved, should it be needed.

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Thu May 05, 2016 2:37 pm

He tried not stiffen as she changed position, kissing his forehead, and then moving to massage down his right arm. This was moving beyond familiar now, and they both knew it, but Ivone did not seem to mind, and Tius did not want to stop her. What did that make him? The material of her dress was exquisite against the skin of his face, tickling slightly as she moved, and he smiled ruefully, shaking his head. The simple answer was that it made him as selfish as those he tried not to be, but that did not make it any easier to stop.

"I do not know," he said, "but it certainly feels like I am."

It was more than that. How could he be enjoying this and not be taking from her? He'd known that he was crossing a line from the instant he agreed to come inside, but did it change things that she had invited him? He did not know, but he knew that lying to himself would serve no purpose. He sat up, turning to face her, certain that he should say something, but not entirely certain of what that was. Reaching up, he cupped her face with his hand, his eyes searching hers for any sign of disapproval. Marvelling at the softness of her skin, he ran his thumb along the line of her cheek, then lifted her hand to his lips, kissing it gently without ever breaking eye contact with her.

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Thu May 05, 2016 3:31 pm

"I'm sorry you feel that way."

And that showed in her expression, which was a combination of several. Disapproval was not one of them.

Ivone watched as Tius pressed his lips to her fingers. The sensation made a riot of her senses. She tilted her face into his hand, nuzzling her cheek against his palm. Her gaze never left his. She sought no promises or declarations from him.

This, she thought, is where he makes his excuses and leaves.

"Because, from my perspective, you are doing the giving, and I am the one who is taking. Must there be such labels between us?"

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Fri May 06, 2016 9:18 am

Her eyes widened slightly as he kissed her fingers, but she made no move to pull away, in fact she pressed closer against him. This was it, he knew, this was the moment that the whole night had been building towards. He should have gotten up and left. He should have never let it go this far. But he did not stop, and instead began to kiss his way up her arm, towards her shoulder. Did there have to be labels between them? He did not know the answer to that. Maybe there did not, but labels were a part of everything now, and many more would be applied after this.

"There need be no words at all," he said, rising to look her closely in the eye.

His other hand still stroked her cheek, but now it moved to support her head slightly as he leaned in.

"Not if you do not wish it."

So saying, he closed the distance and kissed her.

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Tius turned, rising to his knees before her and it seemed the room got suddenly warmer, though Ivone knew it was the rush of attraction that did it.

He didn't pull away or make excuses, and that thrilled her in ways she didn't want to think about. Especially when distracted by the feel of his lips, so warm, against the skin of her wrist. When Tius reached her shoulder her skin pickled and she exhaled a breath.

Ivone reached up to cup the hand that held her face. Turning her face, she pressed her teeth in to his palm, his wrist before kissing each in turn. Then, she pushed his hand down the line of her throat and pressed it against her breast. Ivone wanted to leave no doubt that she wanted him to touch her. Her skin tightened there, responsive even under a dress and corset.

Her other hand lifted to rest on his chest. Tius' heart pounded in his chest, just as hard as hers did.

At his kiss, she melted into him, returning it in kind.
Last edited by Ivone on Sat May 07, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Fri May 06, 2016 8:59 pm

She was soft, and yielding, and when he kissed her, she melted into it. It was an exquisite feeling, and it terrified him, but at the same time he did not want it to end. Once again, every recrimination that he had ever leveled at himself came back to haunt him. How could he not enjoy it, they reasoned; wasn't this what he'd been after all along? He pushed those thoughts away. There would be no second guessing himself, not now; that wasn't what this was about. But then, the voices asked, what was it about? He did not have an answer to that one, and he felt that perhaps he never would. He broke the kiss, resting his brow against hers, and looked her in the eye.

""What would you label that?"

It was almost uncomfortably warm now, in spite of the chill that lingered around the edges. The smell of her perfume was everywhere, mixing with the scents of cloves and hot whisky, and she was warm and soft beneath his hands. Kissing her again, softly, he took a deep breath and stood, pulling her with him.

"Come to bed."

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Sat May 07, 2016 12:50 pm

There were so many words she could use to describe, to label: exquisite, passionate, hungry, perfect. The only word that escaped her, though, probably would make little sense on its own. But, perhaps, because he was who he was, Tius would understand her.

"Right."

Perhaps, though, he would not feel the same. That thought almost eclipsed the exhilaration and beauty of the moment. So, she shoved it away and chose to be in the moment and not question it. Particularly because when he kissed her again, she was certain he knew it to be true.

Ivone rose to her feet easily. Neither led the other to the bedroom. They undressed each other, discovering warm skin and physical scars. Tius was perfect in his imperfection and beautiful. There were whispers of admiration, gasps and shuddering breath, the loudness of pleasure, and finally languid, loose-limbed comfort. They slept, tangled with one another.

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Tue May 10, 2016 9:21 am

Right, she said, in response to his question. Right. He wasn't sure if he could agree with her on that, but he couldn't bring himself to call it wrong, either, and when he kissed her again, all uncertainty washed away. He wanted this, no, needed this, and if her reaction was anything to go by, she did too. Whatever else happened, they were both adults and they had made this decision. Helping her to her feet, they made their way upstairs in a tangle of shed clothing and wandering limbs.

What followed was, for lack of a better word, perfect, and almost endless. Each found something about the other that they more than liked, words were uttered and lost in the melee, and for a time, the house was filled with the sounds of life and love. This went on, and on, until, utterly spent, they fell asleep.

It was still early when Tius awoke, a habit borne of early mornings and long days, and he was aware of the weight of Ivone's body, warm against him. Wrapping his arms around her afresh, he debated getting up to eat, but decided that this once, he would linger, because she would enjoy it, and he was too. The cool light of dawn was creeping in through the windows, bathing the room in elongated shadows and pale shades, and he wondered what state their clothes were in, after such careless disrobing. Looking down at Ivone's sleeping face, a thought occurred to him, and he smiled.

"Happy birthday," he whispered, pressing a kiss to her brow.

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Tue May 10, 2016 11:50 am

Ivone was burrowed against Tius. Somehow, they had managed to stay cuddled up together even in their sleep. This despite the fact, or perhaps because of it, they usually slept alone. In the chilly pre-dawn hours and minutes, Ivone was wrapped up tight around Tius. Her head rested in the crook of his shoulder. Her arm and leg was thrown over his body. It was the warmth of his body that brought her slowly awake; the warmth, the kiss, and his soft whisper.

He’s still here…

Ivone smiled sleepily, hugging against Tius. Her voice was tinged with sleep.

“Thank you.”

For so many things, the night previous and its culmination; for still being there when she awoke and for the birthday wishes. Ivone’s hand roamed over Tius’ chest, his hip, and lower still. Her fingers stroked over him. He was already firm, probably a common occurrence. She didn’t question why or how he knew it was her birthday. Ivone knew, being who he was, he would have made inquiries about her. The knowledge didn’t bother her. In fact, it was nice that he knew and cared enough to give her well-wishes.

“When is your birthday?”

This was asked as she slid across him. She sucked in her breath through her teeth as she moved on him. Ivone sat upright, letting the chill air and the blue light of the dawn expose her to his view.

"I must go," he said, Even as his hands dug into her hips and his hips lifted.

"I know," she said, even as her fingers dug into his chest and she found her pleasure on him, with him

After that, there was not much call or need for conversation, at least for a little while. They discovered each other anew, there, where they could see each other in the early light of dawn.

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

At his words, her eyes fluttered open, still foggy with sleep, but obviously pleased to find him there, and she smiled, muttering her thanks. She hugged him tighter, and he returned the gesture, careful not to cause her discomfort. He opened his mouth to say more, then stopped as her hand strayed, raising an eyebrow at her. He moved to face her, but she was already rising and sliding across to straddle him, and his breath caught a moment, feeling her warmth against his.

"April sixth," he said, groaning as she positioned herself.

As nice as this was, they really did not have an abundance of time; some things still had to be set in motion, and they needed to stay ahead of the rumour mill. That did not mean that he could stop himself in this moment, they had gone too far for that already, but he did have to protest. His hands gripped her hips and he began to move, watching the way her hair shimmered in the light.

"I must go."

"I know," she said, not ceasing her ministrations.

Chuckling low in his throat, he leaned up to catch her lips, and lost himself in the moment, giving her as much or as little as she wanted and moving to grant her greater access by turns. It was her birthday, after all, and he wanted this gift to be memorable.

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Sat May 14, 2016 1:53 am

Ivone lay breathless on Tius’ chest, reveling in the aftermath of the pleasure he’d given her. The sun was actually peaking over the horizon now, not just lending light to the clouds.

“You’re right,” she sighed out. “We have things we need to do.” Ivone peered up at Tius and smiled at him, radiant in the dawn. He was beautiful. She stroked her hand over his face, which was rough with a night’s shadow of reddish-golden beard.

“I think I like this look the best, Butterfly.”

She slipped from the bed, skin prickling in the chill air, thighs glistening from him, and reached for a silken morning robe. The silvery scar that linked her hipbones together was more visible as was a tattoo of a blue butterfly on her left hip. That, she’d obtained on a drunken grief-filled wild night. Some travelers had come through. There’d been violins, bouzoukis, and the gypsy fortune teller who’d marked her skin.

“The Butterfly is the key, Chavi. You wait. You see. You know.”

“Do you have time for tea before the gossip-mongers spot you?

Ivone knew he didn’t and reached for his undershorts and held them out to him with a less than proper look on her face. He’d have to exit the bed to reach them, allowing her one more look at him. She’d not bothered with tying off the robe. What was the point in hiding what he’d seen, touched, felt, and tasted just recently?

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Sun May 15, 2016 11:13 pm

"Oh? Do you?"

He chuckled as she slipped from him, passing a hand over the rough stubble. He would need suitable excuse for not having shaved, should he be seen, of course, but he was confident that he would think of something. He sat up slightly, the sheets shifting with him, and swung his legs over the side to sit up fully. The thought was tempting, as were all thoughts born of vanity, but he pushed it aside, knowing that the time was not right for that.

"Perhaps some day," he said, "you shall see the look you favour. For now, I must shave."

He paused a moment, admiring her as she stood, uncovered and unashamed. Silk too, he noted, as befit her love of touch, and he raised an eyebrow at the sight of the tattoo. A butterfly, he thought, chuckling at her boldness; how fortuitous for him. Rising fully, he let the covers fall away and stepped towards her, giving her the view she was after. The floor was cold beneath his feet, but he crossed the distance quickly, one hand reaching for his undergarments, and the other wrapping around her hip to pull her into a kiss.

"I do not," he said, "sadly. But shall take you up on that offer again."

Whenever that might be. He left that unspoken, but he would not run from her either, so he dressed unhurriedly, trading quips and fleeting touches, and when he departed, it was with his head held high.

Ivone
Citizen

Post by Ivone » Mon May 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Tius surprised her, in a good way, when he drew her into another kiss. Emotions welled up and Ivone shoved them down. They were not appropriate now, and probably never. She trailed after Tius, helping him collect his things and picking up her things. She stood back from the door, within his view, but not from the outside, still in deshabille, as he left. They kissed again, more than once.

After he left, Ivone collapsed, crouching down and wrapping her arms around her legs. She pressed her forehead to her knees and took deep breaths. Tears dripped down her thighs. Tius had been her constant companion, her source of strength, her friend, for over three months. She was going to miss him.

Ivone inhaled a deep breath and put up her head. Exhaling, she stood. She had to get ready and go to meet the caravan, or they would leave without her. She wondered, briefly, if Tius would be able to make it to see her off, to bid the driver to make sure she was safe. Ivone was ill-prepared to defend herself from a small dog, much less whatever beasts and men made the Sooquoi Plains their home.

In the shower, memories of the night's and morning's activities returned. Unlike that morning three years ago, she was not ash and soot. Now, she was a bloom, a flame...

Ivone took the caravan driver's hand and settled herself on the seat. She wore a traveler's clothes, pants, vest, shirt, a warm coat, a hat to cover her eyes, and other things to keep her warm on the trip. Winter in Marn could be chilly, sometimes with snow, but for the most part Marn was temperate. Further East, could be colder, much colder.

She'd packed things to keep her skin from burning or chapping, kept those near at hand. She would be expected to pull her weight on the trip. She packed pen and paper, too. And her books on the Tian Xian language and protocols, to practice it. Ivone started by crafting scarves for the driver and the men who guarded the caravan, hoping kindnesses would endear her to them, but not encourage them.

Ivone trusted that Tius had selected trustworthy men, but the trip was long. There were... possibilities. Always. Her gaze searched the crowd of people in the Market, hoping to see that familiar pair of blue eyes, as her fingers deftly looped and perled the yarn.