Setting You Want to See

For discussion and development of the world of Pal Tahrenor
Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett
Race: Human

Setting You Want to See

Post by Saruna » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Have you ever looked through the setting and thought, "Man, I really want to know more about this subject, but there's nothing on it." ? This is the place where you can let us know. As we work on updating the setting and including new bits of the setting, if there's something you want to know or want to see but perhaps don't desire to tackle yourself -- this is the place to ask.

Likewise, if there is a piece of setting you want to develop but need some feedback or aren't sure where to go or get started, ask here!
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.

Darrik
Citizen
Name: Darrik
Race: Dwarf

Re: Setting You Want to See

Post by Darrik » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:01 am

Ni Hao! Tian Xia? :D

(My Nagfu is strong)

Azuel Vyaduka
Guardsman
Name: Azuel Vyaduka

Post by Azuel Vyaduka » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 am

I don't know anything about religion or how religion works in the real world, but for a community of puradynes I've always felt that the puradyne faith is very underdeveloped. If anyone wants to build specific rituals, hierarchies, and the like, I would be very appreciative; I am interested in building more sympathetic puradyne characters in the future, and having consistent culture would be a huge boon to the setting in general.

Something I'm interested in personally expanding upon is probably a bit unexpected, but down in the depths of the world development section are the Baruk, Kori's orcs. Can anyone tell me if he would mind if I took up that project?
Last edited by Azuel Vyaduka on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katona
Staff
Name: Nashandra Katona

Post by Katona » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 am

Azuel Vyaduka wrote:Something I'm interested in personally expanding upon is probably a bit unexpected, but down in the depths of the world development section are the Baruk, Kori's nomadic orc tribes who live out on the plains. Can anyone tell me if he would mind if I took up that project?
Kori's still around, so I'd suggest just sending him a pm asking about it. :)

Jerial
Citizen
Name: Jerial Malkyralas
Race: Elven

Post by Jerial » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Azuel Vyaduka wrote:If anyone wants to build specific rituals, hierarchies, and the like, I would be very appreciative;
Actually, a couple of us have that in the works. It's going to be *great*. :D
Ancladar wrote:I read something about a fox shifter who wields two swords or daggers, and was once part of the guard and had or has a phoenix shifter love interest who has some control over fire and another ability I can't recall at the moment.

Soneya
Citizen
Name: Soneya

Post by Soneya » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Oooh good good! Can't wait to see because I'm actually still a little confused myself on everything Puradyne despite having a puradyne character.
I didn't lose my mind. I just put it down somewhere... and forgot where.

Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett

Post by Saruna » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:21 pm

- Defining marn seasons, which months are which seasons. That'd be useful, eh?
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.

Jerial
Citizen
Name: Jerial Malkyralas
Race: Elven

Post by Jerial » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Oooh, yes, as well as some basics on climate during those seasons...how often it snows in winter, rains in summer, etc.
Ancladar wrote:I read something about a fox shifter who wields two swords or daggers, and was once part of the guard and had or has a phoenix shifter love interest who has some control over fire and another ability I can't recall at the moment.

Brokk
Citizen
Name: Ren Brokk

Post by Brokk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

I do have some monstrous races I'd kind of like to add to the North and to the Sooqui plains, if that's alright?
We're the knights of the round table!
We dance whene'er we're able!
We do routines!
And chorus scenes!
And Footwork impeccable!
We dine well here in Camelot!
We eat ham and jam and spamalot!

Katona
Staff
Name: Nashandra Katona

Post by Katona » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 am

Brokk wrote:I do have some monstrous races I'd kind of like to add to the North and to the Sooqui plains, if that's alright?
Sounds awesome, of course! If you already have the ideas for the monsters, definitely put up a world dev for them and get the process rolling that way. If you're meaning you just want to see other people develop monsters on that area, tell us more about what you wanna see -- maybe some people will be inspired!

This hasn't quite been put together properly yet, but in the south of the Sooqui plains there is a large area where monsters -- most often megafauna-like creatures -- roam the lands. The human society is a hunter-gatherer nomadic type of culture and they're well known for their specialized skill at hunting (and sometimes taming) giant beasts. If that strikes your fancy at all, you can post in this thread: http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3354

Brokk
Citizen
Name: Ren Brokk

Post by Brokk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:30 pm

What I have at the moment is a general profile I've had lying around for a while. They need a major work over in terms of integration and culture before they'd fit in properly here. I'll get right on it thanks!
We're the knights of the round table!
We dance whene'er we're able!
We do routines!
And chorus scenes!
And Footwork impeccable!
We dine well here in Camelot!
We eat ham and jam and spamalot!

Manuel
Citizen
Name: Manuel Aknin
Race: Black Mamba Shifter

Post by Manuel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:12 pm

I was thinking of expanding on the demons of the astral plane, to actually make them playable as characters.
Also thinking of making a golem race that originated somewhere in Tian Xia, or maybe even another one of the Thar's; like Thar Fain or Thar Keia.