For discussion and development of the world of Pal Tahrenor
Metarie
Staff
Name: Metarie
Race: Elf

Marn Hospital [NEEDS CHANGES]

Post by Metarie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:19 am

Hi all,

A thought -- A sub-board for Marn Hospital? I am happy to NPC post any of the the Marn doctor's I've made up - Rosalie Gerunkind (Head Doctor, gnome); Michael (Resident, Human); and that other one whose name I can't remember at the moment.

The hospital, the Justice Center, and the University may all need sub-forums to help manage the threads that go on within these areas.

Also, here is a proposed layout for the Hospital

A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Profile | Thread Tracking

Stella
Staff
Name: Zaskia
Race: Human

Re: Marn Hospital

Post by Stella » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:39 pm

I don't think we have enough threads to really justify putting in subforums. I sort of like only having the five main forums in Marn. Maybe when we have ten simultaneous threads all happening at the hospital but as it is I dunno.

I do love your layout of the hospital, although the children's wing is pretty big. Hee, I like the little cushy sofa icons.
(09:20:49) Kahmari: and can't even specificly put what their lore is from then complains when someone knows the lore of their char
(09:21:13) Stella: I too enjo specifcly lore chars.

Metarie
Staff

Post by Metarie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 am

What do you think about the segregated waiting rooms? I think that when the building was first built, that was probably common - to have magic preference separated from non-magic preference. Perhaps, I should redo the layout so the magic preference area is smaller...

I didn't finish out the children's area - thinking that a central play area would exist, where parents who were being treated would be able to let their children play.

In any case, I think this gives us a reasonable idea of the layout? Figure, that along with emergency type treatments, there will be the regular, well-check type activities going on as well. Perhaps there are too many rooms for the size of the city...

I'm thinking the appointment type activities are scheduled during the hours of 8-6, with ER type services available 24x7.
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Metarie
Staff

Post by Metarie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 am

Another thought is that the ER type services are on ground floor and private rooms/extended stay is on the second floor. A ramp would be part of the architecture to enable rolling of gurneys up to 2nd floor.

Stella
Staff

Post by Stella » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:55 pm

I like the idea of having extended stay rooms on the second floor. I also like having segregated waiting rooms, but I think you'd have to run something like that by Frug (I'll get him in here tonight).

There does need to be a larger room, perhaps on the second floor also, for surgeries. Guile is probably the most practiced surgeon at the hospital and has installed dozens of metal plates in people's skulls.
(09:20:49) Kahmari: and can't even specificly put what their lore is from then complains when someone knows the lore of their char

Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett

Post by Saruna » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 pm

I'd suggest putting the surgery areas away from any area with frequent traffic. They have a pretty good grasp of cleanliness, I think, and would be likely to try to avoid any contamination if they can. I like the ER where it is. The private exam rooms are awesome.
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.

Darrik
Citizen
Name: Darrik
Race: Dwarf

Re: Marn Hospital [NEEDS CHANGES]

Post by Darrik » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:37 am

Bumping due to the prospect of new RP/characters pertaining to the hospital in the aftermath of the Gala+Wall bombings.

I would love to see a better idea of the hospital's max capacity, services known to be available, and staffing levels (Existing NPCs, and how many unfilled npc slots there are which could be filled with PCs)

As a layman, with no medical knowledge beyond what google could provide me, it'd be nice to have a bit more info about the hospital in general so I can know what the average citizen would know about it

(I'll get around to re-reading 'The Doctor Is In' but it'd be nice to not have to read a thread of that size to understand how visiting the hospital might work if one's character might have visited there in their history)

UPDATE: Ree has already started updating the Wiki - http://www.tharshaddin.com/wiki/Marn_Hospital

Stella
Staff

Re: Marn Hospital [NEEDS CHANGES]

Post by Stella » Sat May 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Given the Physician Heal Thyself follow-up thread, I'm going to assume for now that there is an operating theatre on the second level, away from the ramp.

Metarie
Staff

Re: Marn Hospital [Wiki-entry created]

Post by Metarie » Sun May 10, 2015 11:59 pm

Yes, good call.

We have a wiki entry on the Hospital now, so feel free to update. Link in Darrik's post above.