Seeking Magic

Rotiku
Outsider

Re: Seeking Magic

Post by Rotiku » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:50 am

Right, sorry. Im just getting around to posting now. I discovered the magical world... of warcraft. I joined up with some of my friends and it is a pretty cool game. Anyway, Ill go make that post now then.

Also, Garfane. I am just reading your post now. You made a minor error. I think you wrote a small part from memory about Ro drawing demons. Since I did not want anything revealed and I could not auto it, I eliminated that part. Please reread it and fix you post accordingly. It is not a big enough error to stop me from posting, but it should be fixed.

Garfane
Outsider
Name: Julius Garfane
Race: Human

Post by Garfane » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm

A bit shocked Ro pulled back. Sharm had seemed so long ago, in truth it had only been a few days. "No, the village was attacked by demons. I had no hand in it whatsoever. I escaped from the massacre with little wounds. Let's not linger on the subject."

Nope it was mentioned mate look above :D
'You can never have too many socks.' - Albus Dumblebore

Rotiku
Outsider

Post by Rotiku » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:55 am

Umm, no I mean Ro did not draw the demons. He quickly mentions them though.

Im tired right now, so my post would have so many things wrong with it if I posted now. Ill wait until I have a chance tomorrow.

Lylessa Uluki
Citizen
Name: Uluki
Race: Duskling - Fae

Post by Lylessa Uluki » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:15 am

No problem, Ro; take your time. :)

For both of you: We've discussed merging this plotline with Curious Troupe, and there's an issue I wanted to bring up about it... but I don't want to spread the discussion of it over two threads, so please see the linked post.

http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic ... 948#p18948
"When you feel like you can't go on, love heals.
Hold onto love, and it will lead you home. Love heals." -Rent

Lylessa Uluki
Citizen
Name: Uluki
Race: Duskling - Fae

Post by Lylessa Uluki » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

Ro, I don't mean to be a spoilsport, and I don't want you to have to give away any fun secrets that you have planned, but I'm concerned about the object you had Ro find in your post.

In the setting, guns should be pretty rare, and not the sort of thing a character could just find lying around. Having such a weapon would also be a major boost in power level for a character.

If you're adding a weapon that important and unique to Ro's arsenal, you need to add it to your character profile and have it re-approved. It's not kosher to have your character sheet approved and then find something that gives your character a huge unlisted advantage a couple of posts later. That isn't really any different than using an unapproved power.

I don't want to spoil anything you have planned, but this is something you need to discuss with a member of staff, as it really stretches the setting and could throw off the game balance. It doesn't have to be me if you don't want to give away your plot ideas to someone in the storyline, but this does need to be approved by a staff member before you proceed.
"When you feel like you can't go on, love heals.
Hold onto love, and it will lead you home. Love heals." -Rent

Frug
Site Admin
Name: Phil
Race: fool

Post by Frug » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:00 am

I must strongly agree with Lyle's position here and emphasize that this is not the way to have your character acquire rare and powerful items.

Unless this has been planned and incorporated into the overall plot in a way that gets approved by a moderator, it's equivalent to summoning an item when it's convenient.
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Rotiku
Outsider

Post by Rotiku » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:13 am

Nothing secretive. It is essentially just a piece of junk. It is not actually a gun, but it has similar features to a gun (Mainly it's shape.). If I decide to actually use it as a weapon of any kind, I will let you know. It will also have the basic gnomish errors such as explosions and such.

The object itself was something I came up with while doodling. Basically it fires a clamp like object which retracts. Essentially it would be useless since it is too small and not strong enough to actually pull anything average sized in. I like to incorporate different things that I draw and such, and I liked the idea of it, so I chucked it in there. Nothing too big, but it is supposed to look nifty so that Rotiku can actually sell it for a bit.

If you want the whole section totally removed, just give me the word.

Garfane
Outsider

Post by Garfane » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:34 pm

hi guys my best friend is getting married this week end so i wont be posting sorry about that but i will be posting on monday evening after work.

Garf

Rotiku
Outsider

Post by Rotiku » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 am

That's fine. It gives me a few days to suddenly realize I made a really crappy post in which I broke a few rules which needs to be changed. Instead of just changing it I will totally rewrite the whole thing.

I really have to stop posting when I am dead tired, those posts get me in trouble all the time :P

Rotiku
Outsider

Post by Rotiku » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:22 pm

*Sigh* Well... I might opt out of this plot. Since this is one of the faster moving plots I might just opt out of Thar Shaddin in general. I have school coming up and if I ever get deeper into plots or anything I dont want it to become a distraction really.
I dont think it is my style really. I dont know. I might still hang around here, but I will have to think about it.
Give me a few days before you just cast me out of this plot. I have to make up my mind...

Jasmina Apsara
Citizen
Name: Jasmina

Post by Jasmina Apsara » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Hey Ro, no rush to decide. We've enjoyed having you here, but I know Thar is a very different style from what you're used to, and if that style isn't one that works for you, that's totally understandable. I also understand real-life commitments make it hard to commit to being able to post too. So yeah, give it some thought and decide what's best for you.

(I'm the same person as Lylessa Uluki, I'm just posting with my other account. :))
"When I can't find a single star to hang my wish upon,
I just move on..." -Chicago

Garfane
Outsider

Post by Garfane » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Ro if you leave its up to you mate I can wait around for you to make your mind up its no big deal but if its not for you then I wish you all the best :D

Jasmina Apsara
Citizen

Post by Jasmina Apsara » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Ro, I don't mean to pressure you, but you really need to come to a decision about whether you're going to post or not-- at least for this round. It's been almost five days since we've last heard from you, longer since we've had a post, and the plot really needs to be able to move on, for the sake of your fellow players.

Even if you aren't yet sure about staying at Thar long-term, can you please let us know if you plan to post in the current round?

If there's anything I can do to help make this smoother for you, please let me know. But it's getting to the point where a decision really needs to be made one way or the other.

Thanks!

Jasmina Apsara
Citizen

Post by Jasmina Apsara » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:57 pm

I think it would be a good idea for Garfane and the Curious Troupe people to discuss how he can jump into that thread. It seems like this would be a pretty good time. :)

Hornwood is still available if needed, but I won't be playing him actively until such a time.

Garfane
Outsider

Post by Garfane » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:56 pm

If any one has any ideas how i could Jump over that would be really good? PM me or just leave a note here :D