Zou visits the Drunken Rat Tavern

Zou
Citizen
Name: Zou
Race: Goat spirit inside a drum

Zou visits the Drunken Rat Tavern

Post by Zou » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Availability: Open, but please ask here first before dropping in.

Characters: Zou, Caiomhe*, Ra'Nali*, Aura Thesin, Jaspenellar*, Julian Daniels*

*no longer involved

Plot So Far, Future Directions: Ummmmm, let's see... We're drinking and talking shit. I would like it to go somewhere further than that. Help us!
Last edited by Zou on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom begins in wonder, whereas ignorance begins in a will to change things. Our will is a function regulated by reflection; hence it is dependent on the quality of that reflection. And mortal reflections will never match infinite wonder.

Zou
Citizen

Re: Zou visits the Drunken Rat Tavern

Post by Zou » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:01 pm

And I would like to instate a 1 week wait rule, which means that if it's your turn to post for a week straight, and you don't, then you give up your turn until next round. Julian. :wink:
Wisdom begins in wonder, whereas ignorance begins in a will to change things. Our will is a function regulated by reflection; hence it is dependent on the quality of that reflection. And mortal reflections will never match infinite wonder.

Jaspenellar
Citizen
Name: Loen
Race: Half-Elven

Post by Jaspenellar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:18 am

I like your char Zou! May I come and play? We have met un-officially, but this sounds like a great place to start my char for real. ^_^ Oh, and by the way, ironic coincidence but the board on which i created Lo'en, she started out with two Swedish guys, lovely chaps really. I miss them.
"She who can laugh at herself will never cease to be amused."

Aura Thesin
Citizen
Name: Aura
Race: Human

Post by Aura Thesin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:24 am

I would also like to join this thread, mostly because I'm scared to start a whole new thread, which is what I was told I should do. :?

Anyways, I don't know where it will go, but I do know we will have fun getting there!
Life is a journey. Which direction will you take today?

Zou
Citizen

Post by Zou » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:35 am

the more the merrier! it's a freakin' bar, who am I to stop you from pulling up a chair? :wink:

Xyon_of_Calhoun
Guardsman
Name: Xyon
Race: Xenetian

Post by Xyon_of_Calhoun » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:22 pm

My apologies for flaking out recently.
I have to jump.

For even if I fall, for a moment, I will fly.

Zou
Citizen

Post by Zou » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:31 pm

lol, I'm just bugging you man, no stress. we're in it for the kicks, right?

Ra'Nali
Outsider
Name: RaNali

Post by Ra'Nali » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Mind if I join Zou? Like you said its a freaking bar, more the merrier right?

Zou
Citizen

Post by Zou » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:59 am

rock'n'roll mate hehehe

Caiomhe Feryn
Citizen
Name: Cai

Post by Caiomhe Feryn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 am

Ooh, look at all the peoples... potential sacrificees? Who has the prettiest eyes...?

*slaps Caiomhe* They are friends. We will all be friends and have a fun time.

Anyway... Currently, I have no idea where this plot could go. Caiomhe's only goal really is to get her vision back, but I'll think on some plot ideas.

Welcome new people!

Zou
Citizen

Post by Zou » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:22 pm

ok, with our most recent addition, Ra'Nail, I think we're going to have to cap it off. This is a whole lotta people hanging out doing nothing, guys!

Caiomhe, glad you have a goal at least. Maybe we could all post our goals and brainstorm a cool direction in which to take this. Either that or one of you buggers do something crazy and start a bar fight or something...

For my part, I don't have any goals connected with the tavern, except maybe recruiting new customers for my little renegade mentor gig, or maybe jamming with Julian. (My ooc goal is to learn all these bloody long new characters :wink: )

Aura Thesin
Citizen
Name: Aura

Post by Aura Thesin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:30 am

Well, I guess you could say Aura's ultimate goal is to find her way home, but if she does that, I don't have a character to play!

So, barring that, she wants to find a way to live in this world mostly unobtrusively.

A good plot twist which can happen further down the road in either this plot or another:

Aura is completely non-magical, and any spells that target her will always fizzle or simply not work. Any magical lanterns, weapons, or various other items will stop working. I don't know if they will lose their magical properties altogether (that would be bad for player characters who have magical items and Aura touches them), but perhaps it their magic wouldn't work for a period of time. Actually, I like that better. I should add that into my character application.

Now, if the guard hears about someone with the talent for stopping magic spells and items by touching them, then they may decide they need to study this individual! Friends Aura may have made could try to prevent her being taken, perhaps petition to have her released... Oh, I don't know! It's your turn to think now, people!

I doubt this would happen right away, since she's only been in town since noon on the same day she's in the tavern. She hasn't gotten herself into trouble, yet!
Life is a journey. Which direction will you take today?

Sir Karsimir
Citizen
Name: Karsimir Von Greyssen
Race: Reichvolk human

Post by Sir Karsimir » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:57 am

Excellent idea Aura!
My faith protects me, my kevlar helps.

Jaspenellar
Citizen
Name: Loen
Race: Half-Elven

Post by Jaspenellar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:21 am

Strangely coincidentally similar to Lo'en, Aura, but for completely different reasons, of which I am not willing to disclose so quickly :evilgrin: I will, however, say that Lo'en has no apparent goals at the moment other than finding a job, temporary that it might be, to gain some Bishan. She is keeping her ears open for some information, which I will be elaborating on in the next day or so by posting a back story. Other than that, she's along for the ride and will no doubt try to adapt to anything that comes her way.

If we really come to strife for a purpose, I am sure I can brainstorm up something, but I'd prefer to be an accessory for now. :mrgreen:
"She who can laugh at herself will never cease to be amused."

Sir Karsimir
Citizen
Name: Karsimir Von Greyssen
Race: Reichvolk human

Post by Sir Karsimir » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Aura Thesin wrote:Actually, I like that better. I should add that into my character application.

If you wish, I can unlock your character profile so you can make the adjustments you like.
My faith protects me, my kevlar helps.