Incoming Updates, html5, community hub

Frug
Site Admin
Name: Phil
Race: fool

Incoming Updates, html5, community hub

Post by Frug » Fri May 24, 2013 5:00 pm

You may notice the look of the top menu has changed a bit. I'm still tweaking things, and am updating the code to html5 and making things prettier, and hopefully a bit faster.

There are plans to move Thar to a new private server. Currently we rent space on a shared host. Our host is wonderful and the prices are excellent, I have nothing but high praise for Mike at Bell Webs (if you want to host your own RP forum, contact me and I will get you the same deal we have), but a private server is a toy I think Thar can benefit from. It will cost a pretty penny, but it will be fast. If money gets tight, I may sell space on the server or ask for some donations. If it turns out too expensive and not worth it, we'll just move back to a shared host.

Finally, there is a new play-by-post community hub project in the works. The good people at New Worlds Project (http://rpgnewworlds.com) have a non profit organization dedicated to bringing play-by-post gaming to the public (as well as supporting their own game). We will be teaming up with them and trying to join together some of the well established forum owners so that we can help eachother grow. We're making a new directory for play-by-post games that I think will be better than anything currently available (how would you like to search through a list of play-by-post games filtered by genre, rules, size, etc and not get a bunch of dead games and link spam?). More information on this when we've finished coding it ;)

PS Thank you to everyone who's been enjoying this place over the past few years. I really mean it. Not just the staff, not just those of you I talk to in chat. You folks really keep this place together and I want to make sure this place remains what you want it to be.
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Jerial
Citizen
Name: Jerial Malkyralas
Race: Elven

Re: Incoming Updates, html5, community hub

Post by Jerial » Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Intensely exciting :D

Darrik
Citizen
Name: Darrik
Race: Dwarf

Post by Darrik » Sat May 25, 2013 4:17 am

Now that all sounds damn cool!

ThunderFrugs are go!

Metarie
Staff
Name: Metarie
Race: Elf

Post by Metarie » Sat May 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Looking forward to it!
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Profile | Thread Tracking