Azuel Apologizes

Communicate with players you are currently writing with here.
You should check your plot discussion topics regularly.
Kitan
Staff
Name: Kitan Valyra
Race: Fox Shifter

Azuel Apologizes

Post by Kitan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:25 am

Availability: Ask and we'll see what we can do

Posting Speed: Hopefully pretty fast!

Characters Involved: Azuel, Ivone, and Vincentius

Thread starting date: June 18, 122 PW

Summary: Azuel had a nasty breakdown upon hearing about his grandfather's death, and he took it out on Ivone. He has since come to regret venting his fury, and is going to make his best attempt at apologizing.
The Dreaded App Assassin

Vicentius
Citizen
Name: Vicentius Morrington
Race: Human

Re: Azuel Apologizes

Post by Vicentius » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:50 am

Vicentius is also available for political shenanigans.
A villain is in control. A villain is a mask of elegance and style, behind which, is a whirring and brilliant intelligence.

Metarie
Staff
Name: Metarie
Race: Elf

Post by Metarie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:13 pm

*clicks "like"*
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Profile | Thread Tracking

Metarie
Staff

Post by Metarie » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:43 pm

Should we hold the funeral as a thread/post?

Perhaps a Marnwide announcement of a day of remembrance? I can assure you, with Khayyam being a Judge, that'd need to be kind of a big deal. ivone needs to play the part of dutiful widow after all...

Ivone would order a recommissioning of the guardsman statue that got blown up in Khayyam's memory.
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Kitan
Staff

Post by Kitan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:24 am

I was wondering that myself... I could modify my post to start an in-thread flashback, if that'd help?

Would Vincentius attend the funeral? Azuel's grandfather was one of the few judges to publicly endorse foreign trade, which sounds like something he'd agree with.
The Dreaded App Assassin

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:13 am

Well, of course he would ; it's the proper marnian thing to do, though he'd be respectfully unobtrusive about it, at the same time. :)
A villain is in control. A villain is a mask of elegance and style, behind which, is a whirring and brilliant intelligence.

Metarie
Staff

Post by Metarie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:28 am

@Simon - Kit's call out is a great point. I think Vyaduka and Tius could have had some dealings.
I'm looking forward to the divergent political views

Metarie will be there.

Jacel should be there.

Nasku Oslun should be there.

Sofi Oslun should be there.

Luca should be there.

Camulous should be there.

The Judges should be there - Moryldar...

Battlemages should be there.

Which is why I am thinking it might need to be it's own thread. Let's do that? And shake some trees to get the owners of those characters to brush off their keyboards? I know some won't be able to post, like James, who is still in flux. But Luca could always be noted as being there and surprisingly not quite as glib and more earnest than his usual self.

I've put up a Daily Tattler special edition for the funeral. do either of you want to take a stab at a few more articles? Progress of resuming the wall?

In the meantime -- while we organize that -- we can fluid time this thread. Most of it should be interactions and oh sorry for your loss and he was a great man and thank you for coming sort of things.

Timing of this thread can still be 2 weeks after the funeral, so call it late June?

Kitan
Staff

Post by Kitan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:56 am

The funeral thread is ambitious. I'm not certain we could sustain anything like that; our prior freeflow threads centered around guards and the gala, were miracles and came at high points of activity. I do like the idea, I'm just concerned about adding what might become another dead thread into the mix.

If I'm reading you right, you want this current thread to be two weeks after the funeral? I think that should work fine, though I don't have all the dates in my head and am in too much of a rush to do research. (Scrambling around finals week, I'll be done Wednesday!)
The Dreaded App Assassin

Metarie
Staff

Post by Metarie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:51 am

Good luck on finals!

Clarification - Funeral should be its own thread. Agreed that would require some poking and activity. For this thread, we can reference as flashback.

Was thinking the funeral would've been two weeks after his death because of Maalik's dithering. The body could be preserved in a cold storage after embalming, so hopefully it'd be safe. Closed casket, yes. I think so.

This thread could be 2 weeks after that. which would put it Mid-July PW 122. Trust me. I have a timeline. :P

Kitan
Staff

Post by Kitan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Sorry for the short length of my responses! I'm finding myself floundering until conversation begins in earnest. Azuel can be much more difficult to write than some of my other characters! I figure you'd rather have a short post now than wait for me to discern how to write a longer one. I don't see Azuel starting his apology in earnest until they both have tea, and I'm not comfortable making up the living arrangements of another person's character so I didn't want to describe the kitchen.

I can give it another go if you'd like more to work with!
The Dreaded App Assassin

Metarie
Staff

Post by Metarie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:02 am

Not to worry :)

All good!

The kitchen's been described in another thread with Aurelio, but you'll probably want to avoid that thread. ;) will describe it in my next post.

Shorter posts for dialogue works better IMO.

Vicentius
Citizen

Post by Vicentius » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:32 am

Hmmm, trying to think of when Tius could reasonably be involved, here... It doesn't seem like the right time.

Azuel Vyaduka
Guardsman
Name: Azuel Vyaduka

Post by Azuel Vyaduka » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:28 pm

I might need to object at Azuel looking "more constipated than usual" because while he doesn't have many strengths, controlling his expression in social situations is one of them. I can see where you'd have gotten the idea though; the last couple weeks have been emotionally extreme enough to ruin that for him, and he probably didn't hide his contempt for Ivone in the immediate wake of his outburst, which I now realize could be where that comes from. However, he does not generally appear uncomfortable, like you implied.

Metarie
Staff

Post by Metarie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:49 am

And I might argue that trying to remain stone-faced might look like one is constipated. :)

Regardless, I will edit!