Forgotten Faces

Current events, from the local sources. Newsletters, gossip, propaganda.
(To discuss plots and find players, use the Player Communication forum.)
Drake
Citizen
Name: Drake Istalii
Race: Half-Elf

Forgotten Faces

Post by Drake » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:59 am

Okay, this is going to be the discussion thread for my little storyline "Forgotten Faces." Basically, it is my character Drake trying to fill in some of the gaps from his mysterious past. Not sure how I'm going to go about it, but the storyline will change locations a bit, so if you're a mod, don't close the Forgotten Faces threads as I may carry the story back to that place, and I don't want to clog the forums with a new thread every time the setting changes. I'll say something if I'm done with that place.

It is pretty much open to anyone, but please be nice and ask first. I'm not sure how my cohort(s) will take random jump ins. J/K, but seriously, ask first. It would be nice to be able to work any new characters into the plot in a graceful (for lack of a better word) manner.

I will update this list with any new threads, but right now there are threads for:

The Woods near Shim- http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic.php?t=1088

Downtown Marn- http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic ... 0455#10455

Residential Marn- http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic ... 0715#10715

Industrial Marn-http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic ... 0780#10780

The Red Chalice Inn-http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic ... 0970#10970
Last edited by Drake on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Drake
Citizen

Post by Drake » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 am

Just for those of you that happen upon this thread or randomly check in on them:

As of my signing in earlier tonight, Forgotten Faces was up to a total of 74 posts. Not sure if that sets records or anything, but I felt that it was worth mentioning.
“Where there is much light, the shadow is deep”
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"You know, it wouldn't hurt to think like a serial killer once in a while." -Foamy The Squirrel of Neurotically Yours

Frug
Site Admin
Name: Phil
Race: fool

Post by Frug » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:22 am

Nice, that's a fair bit of writing. I'll take a read through it.
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Drake
Citizen

Post by Drake » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:08 am

Alright, some of you have asked for a summary. Here it is.

Drake arrive in the area.
Upon arriving in the area Drake is assaulted by a group of highway robbers. He tracks them to a small clearing in he woods. After some time, and a short argument with a voice in his head, he takes his revenge in a most vicious way. He leaves the camp with his stolen belongings and a good bit of loot.

Drake makes it to the city.
Having sold his loot from the bandits' camp, Drake sleeps comfortably in the Central Inn. While there he has a dream, which reveals visions from a distant memory. Seeking answers he goes to the Drunken Rat tavern to find someone that might know of the place he saw in his dream.
While Drake is in the tavern, Cody comes in. Drake gets the strange feeling that he knows Cody, but can't remember him. He invites Cody to his table.
After establishing that they have not met, the two begin to talk. They talk of their troubled pasts and many other things. After some time Drake asks about the place he saw in his dream, but Cody proves to be of no help. He does, however, offer to help Drake search the city.
Drake decides to break a few rules and show Cody his magic. After seeing all of Drake's powers, Cody fesses up to his own magical background. Wanting to talk more, but fearing the notice of the guard, Drake invites Cody back to his room at the inn.
The two talk over food and eventually decide to go speak to the merchant that Drake had sold his loot to about the place in the dream. Drake confesses to being in Marn because of losing a big chunk of his memory. He also confesses to Cody that his soul is split into two separate halves. He does not tell Cody that the other half still resides in him as a separate persona (a.k.a. the voice in his head, his "friend"). Drake invites Cody to stay with him in the inn.

The search begins.
After breakfast the two go to consult the merchant. They are told that the place they seek is the power plant. On the way Drake notices Cody's habit of shying away from women. He takes Cody back to the tavern to discuss the odd habit under the guise of stopping to have a drink. Cody reveals his former master's widow's treatment of him.
Upon trying to leave the tavern two men attempt to start a fight with them. Drake quickly dispatches them, and once outside has to chase after a fleeing Cody.
After catching his new friend, Drake leads the way into the industrial district. Drake reveals his wariness of gnomish inventions. They find the power plant. A gnome claims to have seen Drake before and points them in the direction of the home of one of Drake's former acquaintances.
They discover a female gnome living in the place. She says reveals that the last time Drake was in Marn, he commissioned her deceased father on a piece of work. She also reveals that he was in the service of a mage, who has been spotted in Marn recently, at the time of his last visit. As the two are leaving her home, she gives them the name of someone that might know where to find the mage.

The Attack.
Drake and Cody stop back at the inn for something to eat. While in the room a man attempts to attack them. They escape through the use of one of Drake's spells and hide out in the school until night.
After nightfall the two sneak out of the city and head towards Shim. The only person they meet on the way is an elderly man. Drake feels the same odd energy from the graveyard that scares off faereys. The wind up spending the night in the edge of the woods near Shim.
The two decide to go back into Marn to find the person the gnome told them of.

Ok, that's as far as we've gotten so far. I had to skip over a lot of the minor details to make it a summary, but there's a lot more to the story than that. Sorry if I missed anything, but it's a little hard to keep track of minor details when you've made this much progress this fast.

"You know, it wouldn't hurt to think like a serial killer once in a while." -Foamy The Squirrel of Neurotically Yours

Lylessa Uluki
Citizen
Name: Uluki
Race: Duskling - Fae

Post by Lylessa Uluki » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:11 am

Actually, that's perfect. We can read the threads to get the minor details. It's just helpful to have it all laid out that way so we can see the order things go in and how the plot spans the various threads.

Thanks. :)

Julen
Citizen
Name: Julen
Race: Human

Post by Julen » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:29 am

Yes, thanks for writing this. It helps a lot! :D
Shim -- where the men are men, and the livestock are scared.

Drake
Citizen

Post by Drake » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:11 am

Ok, this is a continuation of the above summary.

Hamgrint the mage

Drake and Cody go back into Marn to track down the blacksmith the gnome told them about. They find the person only to discover that Maximo (blacksmith) is a woman. Cody is obviously upset. She gives them directions to the cave in which the mage named Hamgrint lives.
They leave the city, Cody allowing Drake to ride him in horse form. Cody guided them along the route described by Maximo.

The ring and the forest

They first area they came to was a clearing occupied by a ring of stones. The wildlife and nature seemed to avoid the ring of circles. Cody confirmed that there was a strange feeling about the stones. Cody and Drake continued on their way.
Drake tired of the thick underbrush. He decided to teach Cody to use the trees to get around. The tree climbing lessons ended fairly dismally. They continued on with Drake in the trees and Cody on the ground.
They eventually came along a large area filled with large rock formations. The large rock formations were surrounded with rings of smaller stones like the ones in the previous clearing, but these were not tainted. The two eventually discovered the opening of a cave beneath one rock formation.

The cave and the mage

Drake and Cody enter the cave. After travelling through it for a short time a door is sealed behind them. They are attacked by a reanimated skeleton. After defeating the skeleton the enter the next area to find the mage busy at something.
It is revealed that the mage recognizes both Cody and Drake. The mage reveals the truth of Drake's "friend" (the other half of his soul) to Cody. The mage also reveals the process of Cody's creation, which involved some foul deeds by Drake. Drake attacks the mage and believes he has killed him.
The remaining skeleton guards attack Drake and Cody. Cody shifts into horse form and manages to kill a few. Hamgrint used the distraction to retrieve a powerful potion which he uses to collapse the cave. Cody and Drake manage to survive by fleeing into the previous room. They then escape through the large hole left by the explosion.

The End.

Yes, that's where Forgotten Faces ends. If you're actually following along, be very afraid. Another Drake and Cody one is coming, just as soon as Beth decides to use her brain for more than three seconds at a time.