New Girl On The Block

All other out of character discussion and chit-chat goes here.
Look for people to write with and introduce yourself here.
TemptressFate
Outsider
Name: Lorelei Templar
Race: Elven Human Mix

New Girl On The Block

Post by TemptressFate » Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Hello everyone I'm Brittany. I stumbled across this lovely place while searching for a start to get back into Roleplaying. I'm 21 and a good ol' southern girl. I do work most days but I try to get some free time in the evenings after I get off and cook dinner. Feel free to ask any questions or hit me up for a roleplay as I am in the process of fleshing out a character.

Elihai
Outsider
Name: Elihai
Race: Human

Re: New Girl On The Block

Post by Elihai » Sat May 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Hey, there, Brittany!

I'm Jay, and I'm new, too.

I was looking around to see this site's activity level, and brushing up on the setting and culture stuff, but I'm feeling a little confused and overwhelmed by it all.

I can't wait to see what you post for your character application.

TemptressFate
Outsider
Name: Lorelei Templar
Race: Elven Human Mix

Post by TemptressFate » Sat May 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Nice to meet you Jay. I hope to see you around on the boards.

I'm trying to get a feel for it all as well but I'm hoping that i'll soak it all in.

Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett

Post by Saruna » Sat May 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Hey you two, welcome to Thar!

The first step is to take a breath and do not feel like you have to do everything right now. Thar is an old site with a big setting that's been added to by its players over the course of a decade. There's a lot to look at, which means a lot of places to try to figure out where you want your character to be and who you want that character to be. However, most of the players on the site are open and willing to help answer any questions you might have, and can direct you to site staff if you need help to see if something might conflict with the setting.

Most of our ooc communication happens in chat (which can be found to the upper left of the shoutbox), though typically if it's not a tabletop night you won't find a lot of people in here on the weekends. You'll find that most of the membership does work or attend school, and so we all very (sometimes painfully) realize that real life comes first. As such you'll find people who can (and do) post daily to people who only post weekly to those who sometimes take hiatuses to deal with whatever is happening in real life.

We're all a bunch of nerds here, who take our nerdishness seriously, and so you might notice in some of the discussions that we can be exacting about story and setting (though we do get silly, as can be found in the chatquotes thread). However, so long as you're willing to collaborate with others, take constructive criticism, and dive in, you'll find yourselves well at home (though, do note, joking around can be rough -- if you tease or bait someone, you will get it right back!).

So, if you have any questions you can ask them here or the next time you see someone in chat. I don't do app reviews on the weekend (I don't think anyone does at the moment), so if you don't see any replies on your apps until Monday or Tuesday, trust me that you're not being ignored -- the staff all have work, jobs, or both, and so sometimes it can take us a little bit to get to things (usually if we're in chat talking we're also doing other stuff, too).

That said, I hope to see you both around, and I hope you enjoy your stay!
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.

Brokk
Citizen
Name: Ren Brokk

Post by Brokk » Sun May 03, 2015 10:11 am

Hey! Always good to see new faces around here! If you have any ideas for games that you want to run with, feel free to hit any of us up and we'll do what we can to make it happen.

Looking forward to gaming with you!

Brokk
We're the knights of the round table!
We dance whene'er we're able!
We do routines!
And chorus scenes!
And Footwork impeccable!
We dine well here in Camelot!
We eat ham and jam and spamalot!

Stella
Staff
Name: Zaskia

Post by Stella » Sat May 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Kat talks too much.
(09:20:49) Kahmari: and can't even specificly put what their lore is from then complains when someone knows the lore of their char
(09:21:13) Stella: I too enjo specifcly lore chars.

Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett

Post by Saruna » Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Stfu
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.