Crediting artists

All other out of character discussion and chit-chat goes here.
Look for people to write with and introduce yourself here.
Breda Dreaughan
Citizen
Name: Breda Dreaughan
Race: Dwarf

Crediting artists

Post by Breda Dreaughan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:57 pm

So, we had a chat in the chat about crediting the artists of avatars and character portraits. I'm aware that our Copyright page states that we claim no ownership of the images here, but I think it'd be at the very least good manners to give credit to the original artist. Especially now with the Character Classifieds, people are pulling a lot of images from dA and other similar sites. I know a lot of fantasy artists in those pages are absolutely fed up with people using their images for RP characters all over the place with no credit, and I'm afraid it'll give Thar a bad name if we get a reputation as one of "those sites".

Even if you search your pictures from Google, Google gives you the link to an original site. You can also type the picture's current url into Google Image Search, and it will find you the closest matches. I know that you can't always find the original source, but, please, at least link to the page you took the image from. If an image has no credit whatsoever, it can be interpreted as you trying to pass it off as your own. Not every frustrated artist necessarily reads our copyright page.
Never sigh for better world,
It`s already composed, played and told.

Metarie
Staff
Name: Metarie
Race: Elf

Re: Crediting artists

Post by Metarie » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:13 am

:) love it. I kept heise's name on Piao Bai's avatar and vow one day to send her money.
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Profile | Thread Tracking

Brokk
Citizen
Name: Ren Brokk
Race: Human

Re: Crediting artists

Post by Brokk » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Agreed I'll be updating my character profiles with the artist credit.
We're the knights of the round table!
We dance whene'er we're able!
We do routines!
And chorus scenes!
And Footwork impeccable!
We dine well here in Camelot!
We eat ham and jam and spamalot!