Monthly Member Meetings

All other out of character discussion and chit-chat goes here.
Look for people to write with and introduce yourself here.
Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett
Race: Human

Monthly Member Meetings

Post by Saruna » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:47 am

Next Meeting
July 11th, 5pm PST
We are presently conducting monthly meetings for Thar's small community. These happen through Google+ Hangouts on the first Friday of every month. Meeting days and times are subject to change and will be announced at least (hopefully) a week in advance to the actual meeting. These things are informal, meant to provide some real time feedback to ideas and questions members might have. If interested, you are more than welcome to join in!

How To
  • 1. You will need a Google+ account.
    • - You DO NOT need to use your real name.
    2. PM (on the forum or in chat) Saruna, Katona, or Stella with your G+ email.

3. Check this thread for the set date. If you want it on another date or time, put it in this thread and we'll mess with the schedule. We'll try our best to please the majority.

4. On the day of the hangout a hangout invite will be sent out. The link to the hangout will also be posted into chat.

5. Using hangout might require a download; if you have issues getting it to work let one of the mods know. Frug, in particular, is the best for helping to figure out how to make the newfangled thing work.

6. Have a fresh understanding of crazy.
If there's anything you want to see discussed that you think you might forget, put it in here! Please note this is not a definitive list, more just some ideas to help get the ball rolling.

Agenda
Britain (UTC+0): 1AM, July 12th
Australia (UTC +10): 11AM, July 12th
  • The bombing. I want that to go off in at least the Gala thread. I WANT THAT POST DONE BY TONIIIIGHT. So we can talk about it, and stuff.
  • Talk once more about guard reactions and shit. Pre-plan some post-bomb guard threads as well as where respective paragon members are.
  • DWARVES because I like beating dead things.
  • Concerns/questions/ideas regarding Marn.
  • Any concerns/questions/ideas for the forum in general.
  • Eyropa.
  • HEY MATT HOW'S TZAL GOING.
  • Browbeat kat into getting things into the wiki, finally
  • cry a little
  • drink until passing out
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.

Saruna
Staff

Re: Member Meeting!

Post by Saruna » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:07 am

September 6th notes

Have a soft cap on the number of kitsunes in rp, as they're supposed to be a rare type of shifter. Use in-rp reasons to keep them from getting to be too many.

Have a soft cap for shifters in Marn. Shifters are not openly welcomed, even if they are accepted; it is impossible for a shifter to get citizenship.

In order to better protect against shifters, guards should have a silver tipped item added to their standard kit.

Upper class behavior in Marn:

are into drugs/alcohol behind closed doors
relaxed about sex
in public sorta victorian -- have masks
in private they can be a bit wild
it can vary a bit
They're basically spoiled richlets who all think their opinion and views are better than everyone else's. Usually they work together as families, but it varies. The binding force holding them together is Bela.

New anti-rebellion poster telling shifters to get spayed/neutered? :D

A stickied ideas-for-plots thread

Future discussion: How marn interacts with foreign magic goods -- black market only. Use Anja?

If the black market is in the sewers how/where do they operate with the orcrats also staking territory? Sewers map some day? Under which parts of the city do each operate? Some below others?

Opium is the highest grossing illegal drug. Create the drug that inhibits the imaginative part of the brain to reduce magical ability. General masses wouldn't have or take it. Some sort of smoke/incense? Sometimes it is a false positive.

astracide
magos pestem
Valvur
iotuastine
artetoxakin

http://cen.acs.org/articles/90/i3/Drug-Names-Come.html

Bela actively using agents to discourage trade on northern trade route. Marn used to piggyback off the trade route until bela started discouraging its use.

Marn timeline with links to wiki articles

City at-a-glance stats
20000 ish total
60% human

Niabi
Staff
Name: Niabi
Race: Deer Woman

Re: Monthly Member Meetings

Post by Niabi » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Oct. 4th notes
  • Discuss the orphanage- Yes, Marn has an orphanage. The orphanage is run by the government. At any one time the orphanage can hold about 250 children, with the majority being human children deemed "attractive enough" to be adopted. Maybe a couple dozen "exotic" children can be found at the orphanage for the wealthier family looking to take in an underprivileged minority but these children are most likely kept in the back rooms and only brought out when specifically ask for. The orphanage doesn't knowingly take in shifter children.

As far as adoption goes, perspective parents will have the easiest time if they are human, have a good deal of money and come from a family of good reputation or social standing (locals and non-magic users). Elves, Gnomes, and Dwarves are still able to adopt children but they often have to jump through many more hoops and paperwork to complete the process. Known Shifters are prohibited from adopting, to insure the safety of the children.
  • The Asylum- The Asylum houses both the general crazy people unfit for living among the normal population and magic users too dangerous to live among the normal population but who haven't committed a crime that warrants sending them to Justice Hall. These two groups are kept completely separate and never interact. Most people have no idea that any magic users are housed at the Asylum. In rare circumstances a particularly powerful child may be kept in the asylum for their own safety as they are trained to be a future battlemage.
  • New wiki writeups- We got nothing but positive reviews of the wiki updates. We asked if we should focus on developing Marn further or spend more time developing the rest of the world. It was generally agreed on that Marn should be the main focus, but some expansion in the outside world can help.
  • World Dev Dumpster Diving- We went through World Dev and decided what we would keep and incorporate into the wiki and what would be archived, never to be seen again.
  • Contests- We briefly talked about contests; what they were, how they worked and if we thought we should bring them back. We decided to hold a contest to name the Providences of Eyropa and you can find the contest here.
  • Subforum for journals/written stuff- We talked about using letters and journals in rp; if anybody would use them, what their thoughts were and if they thought we should have them. We decided to try them out for anybody that would like to use them. The subforum will be found under Town Crier.
  • How long do political positions in Marn last for? Ministers/Judges/etc?- Marn has a pseudo democracy in which all government officials go up for election every five years. However, the choice of candidates are severely limited to the same wealthy families who always run for office.
Killer of Squirrels

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 pm

As a reminder, the meeting will be this Friday (Saturday for Europe on over) at the same time as the previous ones. If you want to try a different time or day don't hesitate to speak up! Things don't change without someone saying something first. :) That said, hoping to see a good number of you during the meeting!

Metarie
Staff
Name: Metarie
Race: Elf

Post by Metarie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Sorry, can't make it!
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Profile | Thread Tracking

Stella
Staff
Name: Zaskia

Post by Stella » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:13 pm

I will be unable to attend unless the meeting stretches past 7pm PST/10pm EST. I have a nanowrimo write-in to attend :)
(09:20:49) Kahmari: and can't even specificly put what their lore is from then complains when someone knows the lore of their char
(09:21:13) Stella: I too enjo specifcly lore chars.

Jerial
Citizen
Name: Jerial Malkyralas
Race: Elven

Post by Jerial » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Great Scott, Batman, I forgot about NaNo!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I know what I'm doing the rest of this week.
Ancladar wrote:I read something about a fox shifter who wields two swords or daggers, and was once part of the guard and had or has a phoenix shifter love interest who has some control over fire and another ability I can't recall at the moment.

Kitan
Staff
Name: Kitan Valyra
Race: Fox Shifter

Post by Kitan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 am

I've got a narrow window of time on Friday. I might not be able to make it, I can hopefully have something more definite soon.
The Dreaded App Assassin

Soneya
Citizen
Name: Soneya

Post by Soneya » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:39 am

Seeing that I'm currently homeless (works being done again, this time in my bedroom so I had to move, but the last now!! hopefully) and back at my parents', I'm not really able to voice-chat in the middle of the night. I could possible do the early morning thing I usually do but no guarantee, sorry.
I didn't lose my mind. I just put it down somewhere... and forgot where.

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Thoughts to moving to sat around noon pst (sun early eve for aus and .......what,sat eveni g for europe?) Or around 10am pst?

Kitan
Staff

Post by Kitan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:53 pm

I have plans 'till around two saterday but I could come in on the aftermath
The Dreaded App Assassin

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Now looking at starting the meeting at 6pm PST on Saturday and keeping it running for a good long while, after talking to some folks in chat. So about an hour later than the usual start.

Metarie
Staff
Name: Metarie
Race: Elf

Post by Metarie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 pm

You know what we need?

A visual of the tapestry in the Guard Headquarters. That would be cooooooool!
A story is like a tapestry; it is never finished until the final thread is sewn.

Profile | Thread Tracking

Kitan
Staff

Post by Kitan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:20 pm

With Puradyne religious symbols, probably pulling double duty as Marn's flag... ;) I want!
The Dreaded App Assassin

Niabi
Staff
Name: Niabi
Race: Deer Woman

Post by Niabi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Metarie wrote:You know what we need?

A visual of the tapestry in the Guard Headquarters. That would be cooooooool!
That would be cool, but the tapestry spills secrets about the setting and I like the idea that people must hunt for the description for an idea of what these secrets may be.
Killer of Squirrels