Introduce Yourself!

All other out of character discussion and chit-chat goes here.
Look for people to write with and introduce yourself here.
Tanya
Citizen
Name: Tanya Silvermead
Race: Born Human

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Tanya » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:06 am

Hello to everyone!

I just joined today and waiting for my character's approval before posting a rp so decided to have a deeper look - see. I grew up listening to my folks and their friends playing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, falling asleep late on summer nights to their carrying on in some tricky dungeon or fighting off legendary creatures in all sorts of amazing places.

Between all of that and the fantasy stories I grew up reading, it's no wonder that I got into PBP roleplay! I love creating stories with others and seeing what will unfold from everyone's imaginations. The characters everyone creates are so unique and detailed, pact full of life and personality that it makes me want to get typing right away!

I hope I get to write lots of fun and crazy adventures with everyone.~

•Tanya
Each life has its own worth. Each life has its own cost.

Saruna
Staff
Name: Saruna Rischett
Race: Human

Post by Saruna » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Decado - nice to meet you and hope to see your character to completion! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

Tanya - What a lovely way to grow up! I've often wished my parents had similar interests to mine. I bet that was a ton of fun having storytelling going on all around you as a child. :) While I'm not back to active staffing until Monday, I did take a peek at your character and she looks quite interesting. Looking forward to seeing your rp!
#biologicallyconscientious||Characters and threads.

The Rivan King
Outsider
Name: Duncan Blackthorn

Post by The Rivan King » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Hey, I'm kinda new.. Well I'm really new considering I just signed less than a minute a go, so yeah. This seems like anice place, looks like fun
The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.

Gia Rilan
Citizen
Name: Gia
Race: Werewolf

Post by Gia Rilan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:44 am

GUESS WHO'S BACK

this lady.
rent-a-werewolf

Frug
Site Admin
Name: Phil
Race: fool

Post by Frug » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:19 am

Gia Rilan wrote:GUESS WHO'S BACK

this lady.
Wb!
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Xavier
Outsider

Post by Xavier » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:26 am

Hello people! I'm new to this particular site though I have been writing and role-playing for quite some time. I specialize in imagery and character interaction, or so I've been told. I just made up my character on the spot, incorporating a magic and weapon set that I've been wanting to try for quite some time but had yet to make a character to fit the bill. Anyway, I hope to be role-playing with you all relatively soon!
Creation, destruction, potatoes.

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:49 am

Hey Xavier! Heheheh, I look forward to reading your character sheet! Sometimes those off the cuff characters turn into the ones that are the most fun. :) In the meantime, sit back, put your feet up and welcome to Thar!

Talia Idris
Citizen
Name: Talia Idris
Race: human

Post by Talia Idris » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:30 am

Hello y'all

I'm really excited to be joining you all here! I have often felt out of place in this crazy era of ours, I am pretty sure I was born several hundred or so years too late, give or take a century. Or maybe I was just born in the wrong universe! Either way I have enjoyed role playing in medieval type lands. I haven't been active in the past couples years (yay life) but my schedule has opened up (yay?) and I wanted to get back in the saddle! Sadly my old sites weren't up to the standard I needed so I went searching the great wide web and stumbled upon this magical land!

I am currently waiting for my character to be approved. She isn't very significant (yet) so if she get approved and you need a body someplace let me know! Or if you simply want to help a new girl start her life I will be ever in your debt!

A bit about me: well my character currently located here (http://www.tharshaddin.com/rp/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3143), is a lot like me, minus the super long hair and magic stuff. I love gardening, I make a mean batch of sugar cookies and other sweet treats and of course I love writing! I don't quite have the attention span for writing full novels (god knows I have tried), I get too lonely cooped at a desk! So what's the next best thing? Role playing with others!

I hope to get to know you all! Feel free to ask me questions!

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Heee, I bid you welcome into this collective of sometimes obsessive nerds! Growing characters, from the drones in the system to the ones manipulating it, is all what we do here! I look forward to seeing you around and we'll find your character a home once we've gotten you approved. :) Nice to meet you!

Cyndell
Outsider

Post by Cyndell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 am

Hii! I'm Devon, and...I suck at introducing myself. It's not really a reflection of my writing abilities, I just get bored with discussing myself. I'm a Texan, a harsh noise enthusiast, and a psychonaut. I have brief experience in PbP roleplay, but mostly have been immersed in MUDs and chat-based freeform roleplaying. I'm really kind of boring, albeit strange...though odd doesn't necessarily equal interesting.
Woo yay! That's over with...

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Hehe, don't worry, I usually suck at introducing myself too! My first experience with rp was on a MUD, so if you need any pointers or reassurances (I promise the strangeness goes away after awhile!) I can definitely offer a few! I look forward to seeing your app and don't be afraid to hop into chat to get to know your fellow strange writers!

Ambrosia
Outsider
Name: Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:45 am

Um...hiya! I'm Amy (Or Ambrosia, call me what you want!) Gallus told me about this place, it looks awesome and I can't wait to get my character app in! I've been roleplaying around two years now, mostly post by play sites. The sites I have been on are quite strict, I'm looking forward to trying freeform!

So yeah, that's my roleplaying experience. Me? I'm sweet sixteen, a gamer working a game design internship, writing a fantasy novel and I have a strong love for roleplaying. What else...umm...I love music, all kinds but at the moment I'm into mainly metal, hard rock and movie/game soundtracks/classical music. Also, Led Zepplin, They're a genre of their own...Yeah, it's safe to say I'm a total nerd, music, movies and games.

Oh, also I'm Australian, and homeschooled so that's why I'm online at weird hours. For the record.

I can't wait to start rping with you all and getting to know you all!

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Allo allo again! Sounds like you keep yourself busy eh? Cool stuff. :) If you have any questions or need any help with your app don't hesitate to pm one of the moderators or hop into chat! Big welcome to Thar and looking forward to your application!

T'sun
Outsider
Name: Tsun Karn
Race: Werefox

Post by T'sun » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 am

Hello~

I'm new here, have done alot of roleplay on video games and such and a tiny bit of forum rp a while back. Looking forward to seeing what's going on!

Saruna
Staff

Post by Saruna » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Hey there! Feel free to hop into chat to get to know the members or ask any questions you might have! We can be a rough crowd, but just don't be afraid to speak up and you'll do just fine. Also, the way we do apps is we wait until players feel that their app is complete (otherwise we might be suggesting changes to stuff players had intended to change!), then it gets moved to the character application forum. In the meantime, if you want to ask questions or get clarifications on the setting you're more than welcome to do so!

Welcome to Thar, I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay. :)