Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

Seeking Magic

Re: Seeking Magic

Post by Rotiku on

Lyl, I think it would be pretty pointless to skip Garfane today (I know, cut off is at 7:34 pm). Mainly because I would post at 7:35 and then it would just go back to Hornwood, who cant possibly do much more at the moment. Then it would be back to Garfane again. Hopefully he shows up, but if he doesnt then it would be pointless for me to continue the plot by myself.
I think maybe we should give it a few more days before the next post.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Yeah, I think that's quite reasonable. I PMed Garfane asking him to let me know if he'd be able to post within the next few days, as I don't want the plot to get stalled, but I don't think we need to immediately miss out his turn once three days are technically up.

The three day rule is a guideline, after which time you can skip someone if needed-- not an absolute deadline where you must skip them.

I think you're right that we don't need to move on right this instant, and I'm fine with waiting a bit. :)
"When you feel like you can't go on, love heals.
Hold onto love, and it will lead you home. Love heals." -Rent

Post by Ekire on

Ekire join! Ekire help you good!

AHEM. I would also like to join this RP. For a man seeking to remain undercover, Hornwood is unlikely to have given a burly troll an audience. Someone would definitely notice if a troll trundled over and shouted:
"Me here about job!"

I'm thinking Ekire can either stumble upon the mercenaries in their challenge, or, BE part of the challenge itself.

I would like Ekire to either wind up helping this quest along or being employed somehow to stop it. Preferably helping, as that way you won't have a random troll trying to attack you every step of the way.

I don't know, what do you all think? It's not inconceivable that Ekire would be hired to help Hornwood in some way (after all, Ekire accepts payment in food and certainly isn't picky), however in what way is the question.

Still, I would love to join in. Thank you very much to Julen and Lylessa for helping me reach this RP.
"Banish all doubt; you will die this night."

Post by Metarie on

oh I'm glad!

I like Ekire!

I saw your OOC note in the thread and was going to suggest you post here. Good stuff.

Thanks for participating in the thread.

Post by Garfane on

Sorry about the delayed posting time new post is up and running :D hope you like it is a little bit long sorry :D
'You can never have too many socks.' - Albus Dumblebore

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

I liiiike long posts! More good stuff to read. :D No worries about the delay; glad you were able to post.

Ekire, I'm happy you've decided to join us! :) If you don't want your character to barge into the tavern-- which would actually be totally fine with me if it was your preference, and we could totally work around it-- you should be able to jump in within the next round or two anyway.

Hornwood isn't going to go into all the details of his master plan yet, because he needs to make sure he can trust these two. He's going to send them on a little side-quest as a test, probably in my next post, to try to determine if he can rely on them. They may have some questions for him about it, but it shouldn't be much time before they'll leave the tavern, and they can meet up with Ekire. Sound OK?

Post by Ekire on

That sounds fine to me. Ekire barges into an open clearing far easier than a tavern.
"Banish all doubt; you will die this night."

Post by Rotiku on

Oops... Minor Auto there. Sorry about that. Umm I was caught in the moment really. Anyway in my post I kind of did a bit of autoing. I just made both characters say no when Ro was asking about demons. Even if they do know something (Which I doubt they would) I would prefer them to say no since it would heavily change Ro's character if he found out too much information too fast.
As for the voice in his head, ignore that. Only he can hear it, and he is giving no indication of it. Also whoever is doing it is NOT using magic, so neither characters can pick up on it. I edited the post so that the voice speaks in italics and bold so that it separates it from Rotiku's thoughts, which are just written in italics.
Right, now it is Lyle's turn (Unless there is a major issue with my post which hopefully there isnt.)

As for Ekire, yay! More people = More awesome.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

That's actually a fairly major auto-- writing a reaction yourself, especially when one of the characters is a PC. That's really not supposed to happen.

I'm relatively fine with it for Hornwood; it's not the way I would have written it, and Hornwood does actually know a fair bit about demons, but at a basic level Hornwood isn't going to tell Ro anything regardless, nor would he be likely to know specifics about the demons, so I'm not going to quibble with it. I want to hear from Garfane whether it's alright with him for his character before I say it's OK with me to let it stand, though. Garfane, thoughts?

For the future: If you feel an auto like that is needed to make your post flow better, it's really preferable to PM the people ahead of time and make sure it's alright with them.

Also, once a character brings up a topic, it's fair game for discussion, and you can't control what other characters ask or know about it. You can't just auto the other characters to make sure the conversation goes the way you want it to. Your character brought up the topic of the village, and Hornwood pursued it. If you didn't want the other characters to have the option of discussing it in any manner that suited them, whether or not that manner was convenient for you, it shouldn't have been brought up in your post at all. Your preference cannot be expected to dictate the behaviour of other people's characters.

Please watch the auto-ing without permission in the future. It's a really bad habit, and it's one we've discussed before. Thanks.

Post by Rotiku on

Sorry, I just kinda skipped ahead of myself. Ill get around to editing it. Ignore the topic for now and you can make your post. Im just getting rid of it more or less.

Post by Garfane on

To be honest I hadn't noticed it happen but now i've read it back (before the edit) I can see how it would be very vexing. I agree with Lyessa though, just be careful Ro is all. We don't want the plot to suffer because of bad habits. I am enjoying it though, and the more the merrier :D.

Peace!

Garf!

Post by Rotiku on

All fixed. Sorry, I am used to a different style where minor character auto's are allowed only if it affects your characters story. I just was not paying attention. It is all better now.
So umm, I guess it is Lyle's turn.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Guys, there's a discussion for maybe combing our plotline with A Curious Troupe. Could you guys read the discussion, and comment on whether it works for you or not? Thanks. :)

viewtopic.php?p=18820#p18820

Post by Rotiku on

Yeah I would gladly join up with another plot. More the merrier right?

Post by Garfane on

Guys I'll be posting tomorrow after work been rather unwell this weekend and my head hasnt been in the game at all.

Previous

Return to Old Plot Discussions