Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

Seeking Magic

Re: Seeking Magic

Post by Rotiku on

Right. Looks like it is back to Hornwood then. But how are you going to come in after Rayth? Anyway I am leaving tomorrow, so I hope we can at least get started.

Ok then, I am leaving now. Just drag Ro along. He will talk to you about who he is, such as where he is from, but will not tell you his name, or pull down his hood. If you get into a fight, then he will flip around his opponents and slice them with his sword. And lastly if you just get the magic and go back to Marn and get drunk, about one or two beers will get Ro really drunk.
The plot will probably be finished when I get back, so you guys have fun.

Post by Rayth on

Don't worry. I've got something fun cooked up. :)

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Guys, apologies for the delay. My vacation has ended up being a little more active (in a good way) than expected, so I've had no time to post. I'll work on it, and if you need to skip me, you can. I won't be skipping anyone, so Rayth, if you haven't posted yet, go ahead. I need to go check the thread... I'm so behind... argh...

I'm really sorry, guys. This week isn't shaping up as I expected.
"When you feel like you can't go on, love heals.
Hold onto love, and it will lead you home. Love heals." -Rent

Post by Rotiku on

Oh it is ok Lyl. By the way guys, my vacation was cancelled so I get to hang out for a while.
So we are just waiting on Rayth now. But he said he wanted us to skip him because he has something "fun" cooked up. So, whats it gonna be Rayth? Do we skip you and let you have your fun, or do we wait for you and let you enter the plot normally? It doesnt matter much to me, but I do not see how he is going to find out after the group leaves. If Ro and Gar leave, I assume Hornwood will leave as well. That leaves you no entrance other than talking to Ro and Gar, but that might not even work because they are looking for something illegal. I doubt they would say to a random stranger "Hey, wanna come search for dangerous dark magics with us?!" Even if you were just exploring the caves, there would be no entrance to joining us. If you followed us, you would have more of a chance of getting killed. And finally if you tag along, Hornwood will probably NOT pay you since you did it of your own free will. These are all just assumptions and you should talk to Lyl before you make your move.

Post by Garfane on

Hey guys,

I know you've all been busy with being away and all but I was wondering whose turn it is now? I am confussed! :P
'You can never have too many socks.' - Albus Dumblebore

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Rayth, then me.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for the weekend (I'm still on vacation) and so more than likely won't be able to post till I'm back home. So unless Rayth posts before I go to bed tonight, I probably won't be able to get my own in till Monday. You can skip me if you're really desperate, though Hornwood will probably need to talk before too much else can happen. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Rayth, if you aren't able to post by the time I get back home on Monday, I'm going to go ahead and skip you this round, OK?

Post by Rayth on

Yeah, I fully intended you guys to skip me first round. Wrote my first post around it. :(

This week is a launch for me, product-wise, so I've been hella hectic. Next week is lookin' sick.

Post by Garfane on

Brillant post :D Are we still waiting on Ry? does anyone know what is going on?

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Thanks. :)

Rayth said to skip him, so you post next, Garfane, then Rotiku after that. Then Rayth can post in this current round before I make my next one.

Post by Rotiku on

Ok so now it is Rayth's turn.
I edited my post Lyl so that I am not talking in third person. Since you do not want to manage the plot once we are done with Hornwood I think I should put this out there. I like to write in first person rather than third (But never omniscient!) and have a tendency to switch between the two unknowingly. I will start a post in third person and then suddenly switch to first without thinking. If you catch me switching over, can you just tell me here and I will go back and edit it (Unless it is a REALLY long post, then you may just have to deal. My character bio was similar.)
Yeah just let me know if you see that.

Post by Marikit on

I wish to join when my character gets approved. my character's history starts at a roadside. Feel free to take a look. Though i still have to see where my character will fit in.
There is nothing so pitiful as a young cynic because he has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

I wish to join when my character gets approved. my character's history starts at a roadside. Feel free to take a look. Though i still have to see where my character will fit in.

Sure, sounds good.

The other characters are talking in a tavern downtown, and so wouldn't be coming to a roadside immediately, but once your character is approved and you're ready to start posting, you could either write a post getting your character into the same location as the others, or wait to meet them when they start traveling. I would suggest the first option simply because I'm not sure how long the others will want to talk to Lord Hornwood (who won't be coming along on their trip, so that has to be done at the tavern) and I don't want to majorly delay things for you, but that would be up to you.

I think it's probably best to wait until your application is approved to get very specific about where your character will fit in, because up till that point things can change. Just speaking in general, though, I don't think it's going to be a problem given the nature of the plot, and the fact Hornwood has a definite (although not entirely pleasant) interest in fairies.

Hmm... actually, that gives me an idea...

In my last post, Hornwood was considering giving them a test of loyalty, skill, and ruthlessness. He hadn't decided what, and neither had his player. One option would be for him to instruct them to capture a magical being like a fairy which he could potentially use in his devilish blood sacrifices. (I had actually considered doing this before because it's so in character for Hornwood, but since they wouldn't realistically be able to get to Uluki, Uluki's busy at the moment anyway, and the stock of Fae is fairly small, I didn't want him to give them a futile exercise.)

Then, of course, where things went from there would be up to you guys. They wouldn't necessarily be able to capture Ariadne, they wouldn't necessarily really want to once it came down to it, she might convince them not to, they might decide to all blow the whole thing off and get drunk together, they might decide to go kill Hornwood for his meanness in wanting to harm an innocent Fae... whatever. (Ariadne wouldn't get killed, regardless. If nothing else, The Hand of Fate-- i.e. me-- would intervene on her behalf. :P The Hand of Fate will not intervene for Hornwood, however; if he dies, he dies.)

Where the plot ends up going isn't an issue for me, and it doesn't matter to me whether Hornwood accomplishes any of his goals. But that could be a way to get all the characters working together on a plot without a contrived way of getting Ariadne into a Marn tavern at exactly the right moment.

Post by Rotiku on

Excellent... I was planning on killing Hornwood and keeping the magic for myself anyway, but seeing as how you have A-OKed it, that makes it much easier. Although I do expect him to put up a bit of a fight.
Anyway, I have already come up with a clever plan on how to decide which path Ro goes down (Good, Evil, Neutral) which relies heavily on going to find the magic, so I cant have him refuse the job. Since I cannot decide what I want him to be, I will simply let the other characters decide... sort of.
Afterwards I plan on Ro getting drunk... Muhahaha!

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

I PMed Rayth to see if he was able to post this round. I didn't hear back (he hasn't actually checked the PM yet even) and we were past the three day cut-off, so I went ahead and skipped him. Rayth, if you're still around, you can still join in, but I want to keep things moving at a decent pace, so I needed to go ahead.

In terms of my post, I had Hornwood ask several questions over the course of the post to give you both plenty to respond to. You can assume he waited to hear the response before moving on with what he was saying, so your replies can be included similarly in your own posts.

So... back over to Garfane. :)

Post by Rotiku on

Right, I have a draft all written out, so I am ready to post as soon as Garfane does. I may or may not have to change some elements depending on his post.
Also, just so you guys know my avatar is a picture of Ro... Well later on anyway. I have had ideas swirling around in my head. Currently his eyes are not red, nor is he wearing that armor. He comes by that later...

Previous

Return to Old Plot Discussions