Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

No Smoke Without...(The Hunt Con't)

No Smoke Without...(The Hunt Con't)

Post by Thelonius Gant on

Evil Giant.

Availability: Open (?)

Posting Speed: 3 days average, varying. Skipping will be discussed/done after 5 days. (?)

Characters Involved: Zebren Avern, Xyon of Calhoun, Thelonious Gant, Daq Bekkar and Pagusel

The Hunt - After losing Daq Bekkar Zebren decided to camp out in his lab until his return. Recently he has begun smashing thing and now a thick orange smog is billowing out of the labs window.

The Fix - After a shady meeting in a drug den, Pagusel, Daq, and Kutlin make their way to Marn to perform an even more dubious errand--picking up Daq's equipment, which may or may not be guarded by an angry, evil giant. Unfortunatly after leartning of this plan Kultin left the group. None the less Daq and Pagusel are heading towards Bekkars lab.

Justice in a Blade - Suave and sophisticated Guardsman Thelonius Gant is investigating a rather violent murder that occured on the outskirts of the city. After recieving information which heavily implied the involvement of a evil Giant Gant met up with fellow Guardsman Xyon of Calhoun. After some some hijincks the two catch sight of the orange coming from Bekkars Lab and decide it is worth investigating.

Summary:

Owing to their despise of Xenetians, the Danteri (fallen Xenetians) have sent out a strike force to rid Pal Tahrenor of the last known member of that race, Xyon of Calhoun.

Sadly the strike force was intercepted by bandits (not played out) and Zebren Avern is the remaining survivour of that incident. The plot revolves around his search and attempt to kill Xyon.

Right so, who wants to arrive first?
Any preference there?
Also, vague ideas about what any of us want to actually do once we get there wouldn't go amiss.

Also, I'll fill out the summary thing for plot discussion once we have an idea what's going on.
I swear.
I'm not lazy.
Last edited by Thelonius Gant on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't kill me, I'm immoral.

Re: No Smoke Without...

Post by Pagusel on

Okay. I'm in. I call not-it on deciding this stuff though. Oh, I did just spot the smoke in my IC post though. I am contributing.

Post by Frug on

Use the format...
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Post by Pagusel on

I just found out I'm going to be without internet for about two days starting this time tomorrow. Probably won't be a noticeable absence, but heads up.

Post by Daq Bekkar on

Uhh a lot of action in my last post. Hope it wasn't too much.

Anyway, I think we'd be able to close up The Fix thread after Pagusel's next post.

With that closed, we can skip the rest of the travel details and show up at the scene.

I think Theo/Xyon should get there first since they're probably closer and definitely moving faster than a hobbled Daq. So I'll leave it up to you guys to open up a new thread (we're gonna make a new thread right?) and set the scene, and I will show up, and Ming will do her thang as well.

Post by Xyon_of_Calhoun on

Leave it in "The Hunt" thread for now, rather than starting another.

For many reasons, one of which is I can't be bothered making another title up. Anyway, Zeb will be waiting for whoever turns up first. Which will be Xyon and Theo, because it just makes sense. I will do that in my next IC post so long as Theo doesn't mind a little autoing to get us both in there. Once that's done, I'll be controlling both characters from one account when I need them to interact, such as fight scenes, because it'll make it quicker, and, given the other characters in the thread, most of the fighting will probably be left to the giant-folk. Unless Daq's arm has any bright ideas, obviously.
I have to jump.

For even if I fall, for a moment, I will fly.

Post by Pagusel on

Hey, sorry I'm falling off the ball with my post timing lately. It's almost the end of the term and shit keeps coming up when I intend to post. I promise it'll get done within three days this time.

Like I said in chat, the thread meshing business problem was well anticipated. And I'm not in a position to shout at people for not posting quickly. So don't worry.
I have to jump.

Post by Thelonius Gant on

Right well my laptop charger is dead and this my laptop is also kinda dead.
Basically I don't know when I'm going to get to post in this so if ya'll want to skip me that's fine.
I'd post at work but they've had the audacity to give me work.
The cheek.

Thelonius Gant wrote:I'd post at work but they've had the audacity to give me work.
The cheek.

Indeed, that sometimes happens. We'll give you the usual five days and then skip if you can't post. After that just wait for your turn to come around again and the five days begins again.
I have to jump.

Re: No Smoke Without...(The Hunt Con't)

Post by Pagusel on

I'm gonna g'head and enter The Hunt in my next post. If this is a problem for post order or anything, I can of course delete and we'll sort it out. I'm just assuming at this point that being given the go ahead to enter the thread also means I can insert myself anywhere into the post order.

Soo . . . complain to me if it's an issue!

Post by Daq Bekkar on

Soo.. who ought to go next?

If Mr. Gant's computer issues aren't sorted out yet, I guess it would make sense for me to go. And that would have the added benefit of Daq and Pag posting together.

Unfortunately, it would mean that Xyon and Gant would be far apart.

Okaaaay, I saw this, assumed it was okay and posted
I just wrote it up in this here internet cafe.
Most expensive post ever.

So if y'all could send me some money and.... no?
Damn.

Anyways, found a laptop charger on the internet (after Jess inspired me to actually look) which is well cheap so I should be back posting somewhat quicker in a bit.
Maybe.

Post by Daq Bekkar on

kk sounds good. Gl with the charger.

We can sort out posting order after this round of posting, which I will end. It's not a critical issue, so long as everyone knows what the order is.

That being said, I should probably check the thread and see who we're waiting on.

Edit: Alright. Daq and Gizmo to post in whatever order you guys wanna wrestle for, and then I will end the round. The only thing I will add about posting order at this point is that it will make life easier for Xyon and Zebren to post adjacently. However, since Zeb is technically an NPC, I can post for him from Xyon's account, which will hopefully streamline the plot a little.
I have to jump.

Return to Old Plot Discussions