Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

Lightsword Saga

Re: Lightsword Saga

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

I added a couple of paragraphs to my NPC post for Orion, because inspiration struck about something else I wanted him to bring up with Rosemary. If you've read the post, you may want to have another look before responding. If you haven't read it yet, nothing to worry about. :)

Also, just as a reminder, I'll be leaving for my trip early tomorrow (Friday) morning, so posting delays may be imminent. I'll try to make those delays minimal.
"When you feel like you can't go on, love heals.
Hold onto love, and it will lead you home. Love heals." -Rent

Post by Julen on

Posted!

Despite much brainstorming, I still can't think of anything interesting to do with the village elders. Feel free to summarize it in you next post, if you want to. Or toss it back into my court.

Alternately, this might be an interesting time for the City Guard to show up.
Shim -- where the men are men, and the livestock are scared.

Post by Julen on

Just tossing this out there...

Since I was unable to come up with anything riveting to do with the village elders, we could use it as a chance to give Reia a cameo. She lives in Shim, and her grandparents could be village elders -- letting her observe and react to a visit by Karsimir and Co. might be interesting.

What do you think?

Post by Sir Karsimir on

Julen wrote:Just tossing this out there...

Since I was unable to come up with anything riveting to do with the village elders, we could use it as a chance to give Reia a cameo. She lives in Shim, and her grandparents could be village elders -- letting her observe and react to a visit by Karsimir and Co. might be interesting.

What do you think?

I like that idea. Since I'm not visiting the site as often, I could certainly accomodate an extra player.
My faith protects me, my kevlar helps.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Heya guys. I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow I'm leaving for a long weekend, so anything that gets posted after my bedtime tonight won't get a reply from me till Monday. If that wait is going to be a problem, you can plan when you make your own posts accordingly.

You can skip me in the Grasshoppers thread if you need to, since this may put me over three days. It's up to you. (I suppose you can also skip me in Casualties, but since that leaves Kaydee talking to herself, it's probably pretty pointless. ;))

Have a nice weekend, and see you after my Boston trip! :D

*is enjoying her vacation very much, though it has been more busy than expected*

Post by Julen on

Not to worry, Lyl. At the rate I'm going, no skipping should be necessary.

I'm glad that you're enjoying your trip! :D

Post by Julen on

Reia's player said he was interested, so I sent him a PM explaining the setup. I'll have us arrive at Reia's house in my next post.

Post by Jenica Sabiny on

The slower pace is helping the hell outta me, I admit. Please, both of you, feel free to take your time :)
Fountain of blood in the shape of a girl.

Post by Julen on

Posted! I think it makes the most sense for Reia to go next, then Karsimir.

Post by Sir Karsimir on

Drake has stated an interest in bringing Angren to join us. I am good with it, I think we can make a few interesting ideas with it. What are your thoughts?

PS: We can assume Karsimir put his sword away when they knocked... :P

Post by Julen on

Yeah, I'm totally good with Angren joining us. Sigvard will enjoy having another Northlander around. :D

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Jules, I realize Dash has asked Kaydee a question that you as player probably don't know the answer to. My intention (unless for some reason you actually don't want Kaydee to know either) was that you could feel free to make stuff up.

The facts that have been established IC about Del so far, just to summarize so you don't have to look it all up:

*Delphina is the daughter of a single mother, born and raised in the shanty town, never knew her father. Her mother wanted a boy and made it clear she didn't feel Delphina, being a girl, was as useful or valuable or could accomplish anything. Delphina has spent most of her life trying to prove that assumption wrong, in her own somewhat twisted way.

*She is with, but not married to, a guy named Ambrose, with whom she is currently on the outs because of her attempt to seduce Rollick.

*She started out as a freelance prostitute, then Snyde intimidated her into working at one of his brothels instead. Still, she has pretensions of becoming a grand lady. (Hornwood merely encouraged that existing desire.)

*She hates and fears fairies. Mainly because in her world someone always has to play the villain. Since Snyde isn't around to do it, it's transferred first to Uluki, then to Rollick for "humiliating" her.

Other than that, you're pretty free to have Kaydee say whatever you want about her. Not saying you have to, of course-- but I think it's reasonable that Kaydee would know something since they're both former shanty town residents. So... it's in your capable hands. :)

Post by Julen on

Awesome! Thanks for the handy summary -- that does make things a lot easier for me. :D

Post by Sir Karsimir on

No sign of Reia for 6 days, I sent him/her a PM 2 days ago but it hasn't been read yet (still in Outbox rather than Sent Messages). Any suggestions how we proceed from here?

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Any suggestions how we proceed from here?

Well, I'm not in the scene, but if you'd be interested in my suggestions anyway (feel free to entirely disregard if not)... if you wanted Julen and Karsimir to move on so they aren't stuck in this scene with no one responding to them, you could always give a really brief summary of the rest of the meeting, that it went fine, without doing too much that would define Reia's characters. The major downside to that is that Reia's role in the plot would probably essentially be finished unless something came up for her to do later.

Or something could happen that led to Julen and Karsimir being called away to deal with a pressing situation-- and they could always return to the house at a time Reia is able to post. That frees up Julen and Karsimir somewhat without removing Reia entirely from the plot. Of course, it does lead to a plot wrinkle needing to be improvised pretty fast, but I think you guys are up to it.

If you wanted to do something that didn't cut off the current scene... I don't know, really. I suppose Karsimir could always speak next, but that wouldn't totally fit right. Maybe if you made it an IC point that Reia's grandmother seemed reluctant to respond, and needed some coaxing? That way she could still jump back in the scene. But then if Reia isn't back by the next round, you'd be stuck in a worse spot conversation-wise than you are now.

After six days, I think a skip is in order so you guys don't remain stuck, but given where things are in the scene, that's really awkward. Sorry for my lack of helpfulness.

Speaking of the lost, I think Quinn is gone again. She hasn't responded to a post that's more than a month old, and I PMed her several days ago to make sure she's OK, but she hasn't checked her messages since.

I don't think it's an issue story-wise at this point unless Rail needs to use those NPCs for something else. Since it's really a side story, it doesn't necessarily have to be resolved right away. If there's no movement on it before we're ready to leave for Fain-- since I'm assuming we won't want to leave hanging plot threads in Marn, especially hanging plot threads that want to kill us ;)-- there may need to be some wrapping up, Quinn or no Quinn.

I point this out mainly because some of you knew I PMed Quinn, I wanted to make you aware of the (lack of) result. I thought Jules and I had reached an understanding with her about vanishing without notice last time she pulled a disappearing act-- but what can you do, I guess?

Anyway, didn't hear back, Quinn may or may not be gone for good. :(

Previous

Return to Old Plot Discussions