Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

Lightsword Saga

Re: Lightsword Saga

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

In case this wasn't already obvious, I basically split my post in two between the two threads, since I didn't have enough to say in "To Catch..." to make it worth ending there.

The post in "To Catch..." comes before the one in "Casualties," naturally. :) I hope my post will give Kaydee enough to do; I tried to include her.
"When you feel like you can't go on, love heals.
Hold onto love, and it will lead you home. Love heals." -Rent

Post by Julen on

Lylessa Uluki wrote:I hope my post will give Kaydee enough to do; I tried to include her.

Looks good to me! Kaydee should have plenty to react to. :D

Rail, if you want to speed things along by NPCing Jaye and/or his brothers, feel free.
Shim -- where the men are men, and the livestock are scared.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Guys, I will be out of town from July 18th through July 28th. I'll have internet access so it shouldn't be a problem to post, but I may not be able to do so every day, particularly during the final few days. I hope this won't inconvenience you, and I'll try to avoid delaying things too much. :)

Post by Julen on

Not a problem for me! It's not like I've been able to post in all my threads every day, and I haven't even gone anywhere. :P

You're going somewhere fun, I hope?

Post by Sir Karsimir on

No problem Lyl.

On the Sermon of Altruism, Karsimir is going to ask the audience a question; "Why to help others?" Do either of you wish to contribute any answers?
My faith protects me, my kevlar helps.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

You're going somewhere fun, I hope?

Yep, it should be very fun indeed. :) I'm going to visit my parents first of all, and hopefully to see some of my extended family as well. My parents are back in their house (they were renting it out while they were in England) so it should all be pretty low-key and nice.

Then for the final weekend I'm taking a train over to Boston for Mysterium-- it's an annual gathering for Myst and Uru fans, and yes, I'm a big geek. I wasn't able to go last year due to the location it was held and financial constraints, but I'd been to several of the previous ones, so I was sad to miss it. I'm really excited to be going again because the people are great and I always have a good time. So that is my geeky summer fun. :D

On the Sermon of Altruism, Karsimir is going to ask the audience a question; "Why to help others?" Do either of you wish to contribute any answers?

None of my main characters would be likely to volunteer an answer due to shyness and/or fear of looking stupid, but Jenny would say, "Things work better when we all help each other instead of working against each other," Mamie would say, "Because of our religious duty," and Treebug (one of the goblins) would shout, "Because it's fun!"

Feel free to use any of those, or all of them, or none. I'm just tossing out ideas, but it doesn't make a difference to me if they're included or not. :)

Post by Julen on

That does sound fun, Lyl! I enjoyed playing the Myst games, although sometimes I got just the teeniest, tiniest bit frustrated... :P

Also, Treebug is the cutest goblin name ever!

Great sermon on altruism! I particularly liked the part about how helping others creates a better world for the people we care about to live in. This may never come up, but in "To Catch the Fly" the thing that Tulip is so diligently copying is a transcript of one of Karsimir's sermons. She's been quite moved by them and plans to hand out flyers to people who can't/won't come to the compound.

I probably won't be able to post today. I had to take Fuzzybutt to the vet (he has a bacterial infection in both ears and a general flea infestation). And tonight I'm going to see a musical based on Dr. Seuss stories. But I'll try to get something up on Saturday.

Post by Sir Karsimir on

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. My evening will be Medieval Total War instead. :P

Hope your kitty gets well.

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

Would that musical be Seussical? And I hope Fuzzybutt feels better, poor kitty.

I thought I was making this anvil-poundingly clear in my posts, but apparently I wasn't-- don't get me wrong, I don't mind being more subtle when I thought I was being too obvious-- but I'm setting Orion up to be curious enough to investigate the Grasshopper situation. I want to give Rosemary and the Grasshoppers time to interact without interruption, but should there be a lull, I was intending to bring him in if he's wanted.

Post by Jenica Sabiny on

He is welcome to join as soon as you would like, girl! Let's make this a refugee banjoree!

I'm going to be gone for the better part of the day with my family. We're going to the zoobilee zoo eee! If you wanted to post as Orion re-joining the thread while I'm away for the day, feel free! I'll get a post up tonight. :)
Fountain of blood in the shape of a girl.

Post by Julen on

Yup, it was indeed the Seussical. Just a local production, but still fun.

The vet gave Fuzzybutt a pill to kill the fleas -- it took three people and about ten tries to get him to swallow it. The vet said she'd never had so much trouble giving a pill to a cat! But he seems to be doing much better now.

I figured that Orian would be investigating the Grasshoppers, I just wasn't sure if it was going to happen on or off screen. But yeah, like Jen says, bring him on whenever you want. The more the merrier.

:D

Post by Sir Karsimir on

Jenica Sabiny wrote:We're going to the zoobilee zoo eee!

Where the animals are fed brains...

And Jules, glad you're cat's feeling better!

Also, glad you liked the new sermon. I'm getting a more solid idea for the Teachings now. It's all about the transforming power of the good people do rather than any object of worship, and the idea of why good is so worth doing. :)

Post by Lylessa Uluki on

I realized I never really clarified what conversations I hoped to accomplish during Shim, aside from "talk to some NPCs." But since I actually had some specific groupings I was thinking it would be good to cover, I'll list them off rather than just assuming you can read my mind. I'm not saying this needs to happen immediately; most of it can be pretty much whenever. And of course I'm open to additional conversations if you have ideas. I just think that over the course of the time we have, these would be some highlights to hit:

1.) The current conversation with Kaydee, of course. I still have a couple of topics I'm hoping for Uluki to get to address, but I didn't introduce any of them in my most recent post because I didn't want to cut off Kaydee's reaction to their reaction to her news. I hope I gave you enough to respond to-- in the constant balancing act of how far to take a post to give the other person something to reply to but not move so far it cuts off something they might do, in this case I felt it was better to stop sooner rather than later. This being an emotional moment and all. :)

2.) Talking to Rosemary would be nice at some point, though I know she's currently occupied. Doesn't have to be during this IC "day," just sometime. This would be especially helpful for Uluki, who could use some advice from a fellow wife.

3.) And for Rollick specifically, some training with Sasha and Tam, and perhaps Thetta's other students. Though I think that should happen after a time jump to another day, because Rollick won't be in any shape for that till he's had some rest.

4.) Something Is Going to Happen once night falls and people go to sleep. I think it's highly probable that Kaydee would be involved (I mean, she technically could sleep through it if you really wanted, but it seems more likely she'd wake up.) Could involve some other NPCs, or might not, depending on how much of a ruckus it turns into.

So that is my tentative plan/hopes, of course subject to change depending on how things go.

Post by Sir Karsimir on

Editted my post to provide more to react to - like Thetta's reaction to the idea of last rites. :P

Feel free to speak with Demetrio by all means, but he's not at his most eloquent right now. ;)

Post by Julen on

That all sounds good to me, Lyl. We'll work on down the list! :D

I like the longer post, Rail. You realize, of course, that if Karsimir and Hatton keep talking about going after Bela, you're going to give Julen a heart attack. :P

Previous

Return to Old Plot Discussions