Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

We're making changes

We're making changes

Post by Frug on

don't ask questions.
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Re: We're making changes

Post by Saruna on

We have decided to implement a thread dating system in order to encourage flashback threads and threads that are intertwined.

Thread Dating?! WTF is that?!

Essentially, we want to make it easier for people to do thread flashbacks. We also want to have an active present year that occasionally moves forward -- like real time does! Additionally we want to make it easier for group threads to keep track of what is happening when. So we don't have a bunch of weird time loops going on, we decided it would be best if we have thread dating going on across the board.

So what does that mean to me?

Now, whenever you create a thread, you'll have to add a few things to your plot thread and your thread. The plot thread format has a new entry on the line: season and year. All you do is give a season and year (though you're more than welcome to go to month and day, should you need something more specific).

Likewise, at the start of the thread itself you should include at least the season and the year at the start of the first post.

Frug will be enabling topic icons. There will be seasonal icons you can use for ease of visibility.

Please update your ongoing threads with season and year! First post in the actual thread up at the top, and the plot thread itself.

But what if I don't want to?

As we're trying new things out, we highly encourage people to give us feedback. You can pm a staff member or let us know in the player communication forum.

What if I think this is awesome?

Then you're awesome. Also see above: we like to know this stuff.

What if I just had the best idea ever that may or may not be related to this?

Again, see above.

Return to Announcements