Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

updated

updated

Post by Niabi on

Edit: We don't really need any more at the moment, since we've had a few applications.

Lately we have been getting quiet a few illegal magic users and petty thieves, but we lack the guards and battlemages to counter them. People have to npc guards and battlemages for their own threads because we lack the characters to join in threads and play them. Guards and battlemages play an important role in our setting, guards alone are suppose to make up something like 1 out of every 30 people and the battlemage population numbers up to 30 people in total.

Basically, I'm just trying to let people know that we are lacking these two types of characters and that if you are thinking of making a new character or making your first character, you might want to give it a thought. I will say that guards will be easier to get approved than a battlemage and that I don't recommend a battlemage to anyone who isn't an established member here.
Killer of Squirrels

Re: We need some guards and battlemages

Post by Jaspenellar on

I have a guard-to-be... long lost Mei Li is somewhere around here...

Post by Frug on

bump
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Post by Derin Edala on

I can put together a guard character, but that'd have to be it for my characters; I don't think I could maintain any more without quality dropping. In the setting notes it says "Nearly all the guardsmen are human or half-elven males" -- is it a sex-restricted job, or merely much more popular with men?

Post by Niabi on

Women are allowed to join the guard but very few do. They have to be strong, physically fit women able to maneuver around in armor, carry a weapon and still keep up with their male counterparts. It's a risky job and they have to willing to put their lives on the line in the pursuit of upholding the law and bringing down criminals.
Killer of Squirrels

Post by Derin Edala on

Just like the military then. To the writing!

Post by Niabi on

Yay we have a new guard character!
Killer of Squirrels

Post by Pagusel on

Hm . . . posted my battlemage NPCs, but they don't seem to have shown up as an active topic. Anyway, look at them. Ask me if you want some battlemage cameos.

Post by Niabi on

So we have gotten something like 5 new guard characters and 1 battlemage, well 4 battlemages if you count Ming's npc ones. I'm happy now.
Killer of Squirrels

Re: updated

Post by Aerendir on

My character is intended to become, possibly, a battlemage of sorts. Though, I wanted to start small and work my way into everything as well as fully figure everything out before I started to go for an actual goal of any sorts. Hope that's ok?

Post by Amm on

This topic was more to encourage people towards the battlemage/guard roles if they were unsure of what to create next, not to keep anyone from playing what they want. So it should be more than fine that you work towards a battlemage, so long as when you're ready to you tell a mod, have them unlock your app, and then get your character reapproved.

But since you plan on building your character before that point, I'm sure you'll run into no issues. :)

Post by Niabi on

I've already spoken to Aerendir about the steps he will need to take to eventually play a Battlemage.
Killer of Squirrels

Post by Erryl on

Yeah, give us nude photos of yourself and you can be whatever you want.

Return to Announcements