Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

World Development Forum

World Development Forum

Post by Frug on

There's a new subforum in player communication for the discussion and development of Pal Tahrenor. There's currently a lack of recorded information about Tian Xia and Eyropa, along with the rest of the world. The forum itself is also empty at the moment, but not for long.

If you have an idea for a new city, region, government power, etc., throw the idea up in that forum and I or another staff will review it. If it gets approved, it becomes part of the world and, if necessary, added to the map.

The essence of the rules regarding adding things to the world remain the same, and small, trivial details (for example, that there's a certain blacksmith on a particular street) you may make up in your posts don't need approval, but this way we can record what people come up with and remember to add it to the setting pages.

Also, by the way, there's been a change to forum registration. Instead of a captcha image (that thing where you type in a bunch of letters and numbers) to check for bots, there's now a box in which you need to type the word "ofriyu".
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Re: World Development Forum

Post by KarneeKarnay on

Why don't we mix things up a little, add a new race, an enemy, that now threatens the rest of humanity, The return of mythical creatures and, strange new rumors that something is brewing in the uninhabitable America,. A new power could come that messes things up, maybe a new science that threatens the order of magic.

These are just a whole bunch of ideas I'm frowning in to help things get started, if any of the above sound good, I'd more than be happy to discuss them with others.

Re: World Development Forum

Post by Frug on

I should add that the world development forum is also the place to propose new species. It's for anything related to the setting, from politics in Marn to anything on Pal Tahrenor.

The idea about more epic storylines that would affect everyone, which we call board-wide plots, comes up time and again. The situation here right now is that these things are possible, but I would prefer to focus on things relevant to the immediate setting of Thar Shaddin.

Huge, world-shaping events might be a thing for the future, but there is plenty of opportunity for things that just affect the local area that could be done. These forums entered a state of transition recently, losing a couple of moderators, etc, which also put a dampener on the number of writers available and who would agree to doing something that would affect their characters. World changing now doesn't seem like a good idea, and board-wide plots require the consent of a number of people to get together and make it worthwhile.

There are plans for things that will happen to Marn. :wink:
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Return to Announcements