Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

Updates

Updates

Post by Frug on

More updates.

The redstone theme has been updated to some code that's a fair bit cleaner and has some minor changes here and there. Hopefully it all works well from ie6 to firefox 3, although I haven't tested any of it in Opera or ie7. If you see something like a button floating around in a place it shouldn't be, please let me know so I can fix it.

Contests and Alternate Realities have been moved to subforums of the creative commons.

The rules on protected posts have been added to the rules page under extras.
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Re: Updates

Post by Maeve on

Ack. Where's the edit button? I looked around (for my account) but I didn't see it anywhere. (I might be blind...)

Post by Maeve on

...Same with the delete button. :shock:

Post by Frug on

The edit and delete buttons currently do not display in ie6. I know about the bug, I know what's causing it ( ie6 does not fully understand the CSS float property when applied to lists, and has the topic title overlapping the buttons. The buttons are there, they're just hidden behind an invisible box.).

I really suggest updating that 10 year old browser, although i will fix this bug soon.

Post by Maeve on

BAH! Stupid school! And I forgot my flashdrive. I will totally dl Firefox for this compy, since this is my drive (I'm in a networking class). My other class, though, is tough noogies. (T_T)

Why an "advanced" (they like to say so) technical college still has IE6, I have no idea. I've tried suggesting they install Firefox or 7, but nooo. Only a few rooms have better programs. Don't ask me why.

That's a really strange bug though.

Post by Maeve on

OMG they won't let me dl Firefox anymore! ARG. I wish I had my flashdrive, since it's on there. X.x

Post by Maeve on

I found a way around it though. Just tab through everything. Lol. ( >_>)

Post by Frug on

Maeve wrote:I found a way around it though. Just tab through everything. Lol. ( >_>)

Haha, that's clever.

Yeah I was going to say, I can't believe a tech college would have that. We had linux and/or firefox in most of our labs.

I'm working on the fix though. Apparently it wasn't the list, as I thought, and now I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. ie7 also does some wonky stuff apparently.

Post by Jasmina Apsara on

IE?

Wonky?

Surely you jest! :P

*is a staunch IE hater*
"When I can't find a single star to hang my wish upon,
I just move on..." -Chicago

Post by Frug on

Yeah. It's no surprise ie7 isn't perfect if you consider that it never successfully replaced its 10 year old predecessor. When more than half of your users aren't updating to your latest version for a decade... ehh..

They've been working on ie8 for a long time now. It would be nice if people would switch to that when it comes out, because it's surely going to address most of the bugs, but I doubt people will.

Post by Frug on

The buttons should be fixed in all posts.

Now they're broken in some of the other places that they were, but I'll get to those.

Post by Maeve on

That is much better. Sorry for the fuss. :D

Post by Frug on

Yeah, you best be sorry.

Web design school my foot. :P

Return to Announcements