Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

New Forums!

Re: New Forums!

Post by Frug on

Hm. I'll look into it.
The world is an arena, not a stage. RP is a stage, not an arena.

Post by Frug on

I've isolated the cause of the avatar upload problems, but I can't fix it on my own. I need to talk to our hosting guy.

Also, phpbb3 is scheduled to go gold on Dec 13th. This means that over the Christmas holiday I can install some of the heavier mods that I haven't touched so far, like profiles and topic descriptions.

Post by Frug on

Avatar uploads are working again. Thank you mike, oh great and powerful hosting provider.

Post by Metarie on

*bows to great and wonderful mike*

Post by Devon on

I recommend three cheers for the Frugmeister, formally known as Kermit...

Post by Frug on

8)

There was an issue with the bottom login boxes not working which I was able to reproduce. The shoutbox cookie was (again) conflicting with the forum cookies. I'd forgotten to override that when I reinstalled it, but it's done now. Please let me know if that login breaks again, or if there is any other trouble with logins. Except for Jess at work. That doesn't count.

If all else fails with logins, you should always try to first delete all your cookies as well as make sure that you don't just refresh the forum page, but actually close and open the window again. This is because once you start browsing the forums it will often put sid=589hag98qtrhqw498gh or some other jibberish in the URL. SID means session ID. Your session ID is how the forums remember who you are. This is also what goes in the cookie, and it's what causes most conflicts.

Post by Kamar Deythal on

See, I read, and I quote "Blah Blah session ID blah cookies blah blah *insert random technical term here* blah but it's fixed now."

Thanks, Phil.

:dance:
You’re gonna find out you’re already dead, and I was the world coming down on your head.

Post by Jenica Sabiny on

I'm just a girl, man.

Just a girl.
Fountain of blood in the shape of a girl.

Post by Metarie on

I'll try clearing the cache. I accidentally tried to use the bottom log in (Using FF btw) and it took me to the regular login screen that you get when you click the login button at the top of the forum.

Once I get around to clearing out the cache, I'll try again and let you know.

Post by Frug on

Daedalus wrote:I adore this red lay-out, it's just awesome.

There is one 'bug' I just discovered though. I noticed that when you quote somehow you don't get to see who you quoted. The "Mister X wrote:" title uses the same red colour as the background of quotes, which makes it impossible to see. It would be great if you could change it to light red or black or so.

Example:
Camulous Smithson wrote:I don't think I'll install any more mods until phpbb3 goes gold. The entire user profiles system here will need some customization like we used to have.
Select the invisible text next to the " sign.

I just noticed this post, but I've known about this bug for a while. It's just a colour in the css file somewhere, and I'll change it in turn.

Post by Xyon_of_Calhoun on

Frug wrote:
Daedalus wrote:I adore this red lay-out, it's just awesome.

There is one 'bug' I just discovered though. I noticed that when you quote somehow you don't get to see who you quoted. The "Mister X wrote:" title uses the same red colour as the background of quotes, which makes it impossible to see. It would be great if you could change it to light red or black or so.

Example:
Camulous Smithson wrote:I don't think I'll install any more mods until phpbb3 goes gold. The entire user profiles system here will need some customization like we used to have.
Select the invisible text next to the " sign.

I just noticed this post, but I've known about this bug for a while. It's just a colour in the css file somewhere, and I'll change it in turn.

*pesters frug about it*
I have to jump.

For even if I fall, for a moment, I will fly.

Previous

Return to Announcements