Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

Colorquix the Adamant

Colorquix the Adamant

Post by Colorquix on

Player name: Anonymous
Character name: Colorquix, Hë, Eno Eht,
(I go by a lot of names, particularly the ones that are given to me. But my allies relatively call me Colorquix).
Race: Human/Mage-skin Human (I'll explain everything in a second).
Height:5'9
Weight:150 lbs
Physical description: Light skin, brown eyes, short brown hair, muscular physique.
I walk the streets and wilderness with no shirt however I wear heavy duty pants and boots. I also have a huge sheath strap on my back where my sword is held.
Items
The sword ReinWrath
A small satchel that can shrink down items, (Not EVERYTHING), to fit compact with me.
There may be a few misc items that are essential like possibly a canteen and some food for the road but everything else comes mostly from the land.
The Quartz Key
Enchanted boots and pants that make me never run out of breath while running and keep my body temperature constant and disease ridden
Powers or Strength:
I have the ability to drain enemies, (And some magical objects that may hold some kind of energy/lifeforce), of their energy and strength. I'll reveal more on this subject later.
I hold the sword ReinWrath, Think of a longer version of one of the blades of Chaos from God of War. For some reason I always picture it like that but like a longer version of it with glowing energy. (I'm not being a copy cat I'm just trying to give sort of a good picture of what ReinWrath sort of looks like). It's kind of the same blade only it's longer and doesn't have the gaping mouth insignia. The sword chooses the master and after mine, {Insert very important story detail here} I receive it. It has the power to read the emotions of the wielder, it's so thick that it can also be used to efficiently block attacks and deliver heavy blows.
I cannot lose it because every time I try it somehow comes back to me.
I can do acrobatics and ninja flippy whatever you want to call it.
Side note for my powers- The energy stealing ability allows me to in a way sort of taste the energy that I am taking into my body.
Weakness
Colorquix doesn't have much armor which makes him unbelievably light weight in terms of mobility and speed but the sheer lack of armor just makes him lack so much in defense. Also he can make the mistake of absorbing way too much energy resulting in major fatigue. ReinWrath is also FREAKING HEAVY.
And now it's story time...
I remember my life before this curse. I know any man would if it would befall them.
No one knew who I was or why I was left for dead as a baby in the wilderness. Winter begun to approach the harsh middle-of-no-where with it's tiny bite and everyone was prepared for the worst to come.
My fate had befallen me and I was thrust into the harsh environment of the wild.
But a beacon of hope shone down on me that day. Not a beacon, but a man.
I knew him as the greatest swordsmen who ever once was. (Of course I was only a child so any anxious child would do this).
Atticus was a 50 year old trained grand field Marshal and during a small town feud over the use of magic he lost his son. He gave me the name which I wear with pride, Hë.
Training and sheer discipline followed me for 18 years until I notice one week that he's not as sharp as he usually is. He beckons to me and I stride over towards him. He's beaten and sick.
"Hë..." He holds a weak smile on his face. "Atticus?" I ask him gently.
"Hë... I'm dying..." He keeps smiling.
"What? Atticus you can't die, not yet. There's too much that the world has to offer that you haven't gotten to enjoy yet... That.. WE'VE gotten to enjoy! Together!" I'm about to cry.
"Hë, it is you who hasn't gotten to experience the world yet... I'm holding you back." He coughs... Every word makes sense to me.
"But I need you..." This was my master... My FATHER.
"No Hë... I needed you.. You made my existence complete, you made me live up to my expectations and took away my deepest sadness and fears. But there's one more thing I need you to do for me before I go." He looks completely contempt.
"What is it Atticus... Anything..." I ask him
"There is a hill on the outskirts of this clearing. Something that I wanted to give my son."
I sob on his cold shoulder, "What must I do?" I ask the old broken man.
He smiles, "This place has become your cage little knight. There is nothing more that this land can offer you. If you have a baby bird living in the same cage its whole life until it grows too big for it then you must either find another cage or set the bird free..." He sheds a tear for the first time in years.
"Atticus... WHAT do I have to do?" I ask him shakily
He attempts to get up and touch my forehead, I can feel his cold fingers on my head. "You must go to the hill and claim your spoil. You are going to become a beacon of cleansing light for all man kind. Armies will wither like ashes at your fingers, eternity will bend under your grasp, and death itself will yield to your wims. I offer you power within the bounds of your mortal being. To be omnipotent without being omnipotent. To become the canary that hunts the eagle. You will become the one that strikes panic into the heart of those who commit atrocities and a symbol for all of mankind to gaze upon. This I swear to you."
I sniffle and stand. I am no longer a child. "I love you Atticus."
"You're my son, Hë." I hug him and leave.
I hike my way up through the cold brush of the forest and mountain, there was no going back. Atticus was dead and I knew it.
I could see the top of the grassy hill over my head and it was getting closer ans closer.
Nothing. Not a damn thing. But then I looked closer at the ground of the hill...
A stone, not just a stone but a grave stone. It read, "Colorquix." The son of Atticus. But then under it it read, "Hë, This is not his grave. I already scattered his ashes to hide this..." I got to work digging where the tombstone was with my bare hands. I did this for an hour until I finally reached the coffin.
Something sent a chill down my spine... Whatever was in there wasn't normal... I opened it anyways. Inside was a huge sword and a key.. to what I will never know.
I decide my best option would be to take the key first. It's colder than steel.
The sword I pick up with my right hand, before I can examine it I'm knocked out cold and everything turns black.
I wake up the following day and my head is like a milkshake...
No...
This world isn't the same as it was before... All the trees are chopped down and the hill is nothing but level ground. How long was I asleep?
I read the runes that Atticus had taught me to read on the sword... The words "Rain Wrath Upon Thee" were scribbled on the side of it.
I'm too tired to finish the story right now. But I think the mods will get the picture, blah blah finds out I slept for 100 years, blah blah slept for 100 years to develop a power that lets me drain the life force of living things blah blah go on my journey to wander through the world to punish the corrupt because I live my life knowing that there are things in the world that cannot be controlled. I'm REALLY damn sorry for the shabby writing but right now I'm just too damn tired. Can I join the community please? Thanks.

Re: Colorquix the Adamant

Post by Metarie on

I am not seeing this character as a fit for the setting.

I recommend you try Unicorn Visions: http://www.unicornsvisions.com/

Post by Colorquix on

Metarie wrote:I am not seeing this character as a fit for the setting.

I recommend you try Unicorn Visions: http://www.unicornsvisions.com/

See this is what Ti'm not getting. Am I not fit for here or is this forum down?

Post by Katona on

This forum is quite active.

If you would like to see what kind of characters we're looking for, please take a look at some of our approved applications.

Post by Colorquix on

Katona wrote:This forum is quite active.

If you would like to see what kind of characters we're looking for, please take a look at some of our approved applications.

That's another thing. What IS Unicorn Visions? Is it a different type of Free form RP that's a lot quicker and more dumbed down for people's likings? Or is it just another form of this website for fail characters?
Second of all,
Does this free form revolve around a lot of story line and boring, made up conversations? Or does it revolve around adventure and fighting and casting spells and fighting other people?

Post by Saruna on

This forum is terribly, terribly boring and awful and filled with awful people who, sadly, find that sort of awful drudgery entertaining. Why, I suspect it's why we're so filled to the brim with old fuddy duddies!

Unicorn Visions has more of the excitement you crave. It's a different atmosphere for a different sort of player with more active and exciting tastes. It also has way more fighting then you'll find here -- even some explosions!

But thank you for your effort!

Post by Colorquix on

Saruna wrote:This forum is terribly, terribly boring and awful and filled with awful people who, sadly, find that sort of awful drudgery entertaining. Why, I suspect it's why we're so filled to the brim with old fuddy duddies!

Unicorn Visions has more of the excitement you crave. It's a different atmosphere for a different sort of player with more active and exciting tastes. It also has way more fighting then you'll find here -- even some explosions!

But thank you for your effort!

I'm sorry for being so rash, (I had to do an essay that kept me up all night yesterday).
Alright I may aswell give it a shot.

Post by Saruna on

If you go there and don't like it, come back. Take your time with reading through the stickies, the setting basics, and other apps that are approved. You don't have to write up an epic application to get approved, but there are some basic things that we ask for that are covered under the help topics. If you still have questions after that, please do ask, but before then we need to know that you're willing to meet us half way.

Good luck with your rp, wherever it takes you.

Return to Old Characters