Cooperative Fiction

Skip to content

Resurrection

Resurrection

Post by Metarie on

Availability: Open

Posting Speed: As often as possible by participants (currently fast)

Posting Order: Metarie, Xeis, Jaspeneller

Location: In Alternate Realities: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1992&p=20856#p20856

Summary:
Long ago, a race blessed by their gods sought knowledge best left unknown and unleashed a "darkness" or chaos upon the world. That chaos was magic. While some of that race succumbed to the tainted influence of the "darkness", others fought to keep it from overtaking the world. That war was called the Changer's War.

12 souls sacrificed themselves to become a living, magical seal against the "darkness".

Something has happened, though, and the seal has been broken. The "darkness" has begun to permeate the world once again.

The seal must be repaired before the whole of the world is plunged once more into the nightmarish chaos experienced before and during the Changer's Wars.

Notes:
The idea is that this is quest in fantasy genre RP. In other words, there's a plot in mind. :) Having said that, this is still cooperative fiction. Where the story-tellers take it is where it will go.

Current Characters:

Misumi Ayako,
Human scribe, has found a memory book - a special book made of magic during the time of the Great Exodus that holds the thoughts of feelings of another scribe named Salovuje. Salovuje witnessed the destruction wrought by the darkness and recorded all she knew of how the events unfolded. Within the pages of the journal lies the clues to find the land of Numen and the source of the Great Seal. Misumi Ayako is Salovuje, reborn.

Elemire Oranrae ,
Elf warrior, has been tasked to find the source of the taint and quell it by her goddess, Baresi. Given the name Salovuje and a direction, Elemire travels to the City to search through the Hall of Records. At the Tavern and Inn, Elemire finds who she seeks, but not the answers she needs.

Yyan Ilinari
Possibly mixed breed human; a jack-of-all trades, has a mysterious past and is more than he appears to be. On a whim, he approaches Misumi - the call of travel a siren-song too hard to resist. Drawn in by her story, Yyan volunteers his skills to aid her.

Will you help or hinder? Certainly there are many who would like to have the Great Seal destroyed and to release the Dreaming back into Pal Tahrenor. Are you one of those? Or, are you one who would help retain order and hold back chaos and madness?

Re: Resurrection

Post by Jaspenellar on

I'm presuming I will have a lot more free time once I get deployed- provided I get regular internet connection, I will probably be up to finally join this thread but I don't want to start before I leave because there will be 3-5 days of not being able to post while I'm in transit. I was thinking it would be fun to write in a pair of self-styled adventurers, one of whom is slightly hypochondriac... ;)
"She who can laugh at herself will never cease to be amused."

Post by Metarie on

Sounds like fun :) You're very welcome to join! :mrgreen:

Post by Metarie on

bumpity bump!

This alternate reality storyline is still open for others to join!

Don't worry! the posting pace can be adjusted!

Not sure how to integrate your character? Just post your interest and your character info here and we can work it out!

Post by Jaspenellar on

Ree, Xeis-

it is more than a pleasure to be able to start posting with you guys and get carried away by high adventure. I will say that my creatures are going to be very cliche in some aspects. I hope i don't presume too much in the setting, but if I do, please drop me a note; it's your story and i'm just along for the ride! These two men are just to add the "muscle" to this fairy tale- I do have some inkling of depth to them in my brain but for the most part, they are whatever you need them to be.

Post by Metarie on

Jaspenellar wrote:Ree, Xeis-

it is more than a pleasure to be able to start posting with you guys and get carried away by high adventure. I will say that my creatures are going to be very cliche in some aspects. I hope i don't presume too much in the setting, but if I do, please drop me a note; it's your story and i'm just along for the ride! These two men are just to add the "muscle" to this fairy tale- I do have some inkling of depth to them in my brain but for the most part, they are whatever you need them to be.

Wooo! Welcome aboard! :D

I've got an idea of what the city of Numen looks like, but you've got artistic license as well. I think I can speak for Xeis when I say, we're all about the collaborative fiction!

Elemire is a bit of cliche, so no worries on there. If you'd like to provide a little summary for the guys as I've done for the other three, please do. I'll scrounge through my avatars, too. I might just have one for the boys. :)

The main question I have right now is - do you want to go ahead and reply to Yyan, making your way onto the boat and seeing the others in the captain's state room or do you want me to do just post that all of you arrived in the state room and provide a brief description of what everyone is doing?

Post by Yyan on

I would hardly say that you are "along for the ride"! If you're playing with us, then you're our partner! If you have any ideas of new characters to introduce or plot twists or anything, feel free to throw them up here or send Meta and I PMs.

Welcome aboard! Literally.

Post by Synius on

Hmmm. I've been reading this thread in my spare time, and i must say it looks like you folks are having quite a time. I wonder if I might join you folks in your jovial thread.

Not quite sure how to work lil' ol' Thokas into it, though.
Vae Victus - Woe to the conquered!

Post by Niabi on

I'm going to jump in with my Elf nature priestess lady when you guys get to Darlaone.
Killer of Squirrels

Post by Metarie on

Yay!

So, a few notes about my most recent post. I went and read the setting information again and have incorporated the setting details into the story Salovuje retells. :)

The jadeite container looks like this- http://www.wrightsrockshop.com/gallery/polished/polishedimages/jadeite080505.JPG

Post by Yyan on

*sigh* Can I ramble, or can I ramble? Apologies for the latest novel-length post.

Post by Metarie on

Novel length posts welcome!

As a matter of fact, other than what it will look like where the remaining 11 are in Numen, this is now officially an open collaboration thread! :evilgrin:

have at!

Post by Jaspenellar on

I am the weak link.... I'm sorry I slow things down, I aim to have a reply up today; meanwhile feel free to skip since it seems our characters are currently on their own for now.

Post by Yyan on

Just a thought, Jasp, you're more than free to have them explore the ship a little. I was gonna have Kate lead my next couple of posts while Yyan's napping. She could find them poking their noses into things, etc.

Post by Metarie on

Synius wrote:Hmmm. I've been reading this thread in my spare time, and i must say it looks like you folks are having quite a time. I wonder if I might join you folks in your jovial thread.

Not quite sure how to work lil' ol' Thokas into it, though.

So, make up someone else! :)

Return to Old Posts